Thread: Truth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    We just weren't the same team... I know we only had a few pieces missing on both sides of the ball but it appeared we just were a different team without those guys ...... mix in the fact that we just got out of the groove of routine of weekly games and this shouldn't come as a surprise. TT was also better than we were expecting (at least me anyway)
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    This. We had so many key guys out and TT wanted it more. Like the first post said - this is a result of the portal and such because so many teams just do not care the same way fans do after the birth of hte playoff it really kind of sucks

vCash
    I?m afraid that for a lot of casual fans college football is dead. A lower middle income family is not going to travel to Memphis or Birmingham to see players that have to be paid to care about the game . The NIL is going to be a big haul for top money programs but no one else. This bowl season is bad to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    I?m afraid that for a lot of casual fans college football is dead. A lower middle income family is not going to travel to Memphis or Birmingham to see players that have to be paid to care about. The NIL is going to be a big haul for top money programs but no one else. This bowl season is bad to watch.
    I'll disagree slightly - the bowl games I've watched other than ours have been entertaining. Lots of close games and a number of upsets (according the spread). I really enjoyed watching Auburn blow their lead and losing. Florida getting taken to the woodshed is always a delight.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    We just weren't the same team... I know we only had a few pieces missing on both sides of the ball but it appeared we just were a different team without those guys ...... mix in the fact that we just got out of the groove of routine of weekly games and this shouldn't come as a surprise. TT was also better than we were expecting (at least me anyway)
    16 players total missing yesterday, then Dolla Bill went down with a knee making it 17. Of those 17, 14 were regular contributors (not special teams), and 10 of them were on Defense. That does have an impact.
    That being said, we just looked like crap in every phase of the game, and I hang that on the team and the coaches. Bowl games are as strange and unpredictable as rivalry games. Jackie's first 4 bowl teams looked just as uninspired and unprepared - his last two much better. Yes, Mullen's teams looked great against Michigan & Rice - and equally as horrible against Northwestern and Georgia Tech. I don't even want to discuss Moorhead and Iowa or the Wake and Bake Bowl his 2nd year.

Flush it and move on.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    We looked exactly like we looked on Thanksgiving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We looked exactly like we looked on Thanksgiving.
    Exactly.