Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I've been a Will Rogers fan

vCash
    In a Q&A a week or so ago, CML said he wanted a mobile QB in the pocket but not a run first QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    In a Q&A a week or so ago, CML said he wanted a mobile QB in the pocket but not a run first QB.
    I like this. I do want a guy that will take off 7-8 times a game though

vCash
    That?s a tall order. Most mobile athletic QBs are quick to rely on mobility/athleticism if the first read isn?t there. He says not run first, but what he means is run only if absolutely necessary. He wants a QB to throw the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    That?s a tall order. Most mobile athletic QBs are quick to rely on mobility/athleticism if the first read isn?t there. He says not run first, but what he means is run only if absolutely necessary. He wants a QB to throw the ball.
    Joe burrow comes to mind. Drew Brees could move in the pocket very well, but wasn't very athletic. Just find the next one of those 2 haha

vCash
    😂 exactly

vCash
    I must admit, Bryce Young surprised me. For as athletic as he his, he was very much a pass first, run only when necessary type QB. He extended lots of passing plays.

vCash
    So with a full season of watching Will Rogers, just don?t foresee him being more than what we?ve seen from him.

So with Leach?s reputation as an aerial assault minded coach, why does it seem he is struggling so to entice a true better-than-average QB?

vCash
    I don?t know if most young QBs actually want to throw the ball 90% of the time.

vCash
    It won't happen but Leach should go all in on the Wyoming transfer QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    It won't happen but Leach should go all in on the Wyoming transfer QB
    We thought the same thing the other day. The added dimension would strengthen the play call options and make it more difficult on the D for sure.

vCash
    I look for a grad transfer q b to be brought in. Robertson and Locke are very talented for this offense but young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I look for a grad transfer q b to be brought in. Robertson and Locke are very talented for this offense but young.
    Will was too. If sawyer isn't pushing will next year, he was overrated imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Will was too. If sawyer isn't pushing will next year, he was overrated imo
    Will is playing out of necessity. Leach has never started redshirt freshman when he has a veteran q b who can play.

Will has done his job the best he can, but his ceiling is probably about what you saw this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    That's what we should all want. That's what an NFL QB is
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Bryce Young ran for 36 yards or so this year yet is one of the most mobile/athletic QBs in college football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Joe burrow comes to mind. Drew Brees could move in the pocket very well, but wasn't very athletic. Just find the next one of those 2 haha
    Drew was very athletic. Very quick with great feet. He just wasn't fast. People tie athleticism & speed together too often. Speed is just one of many ingredients that can make someone athletic & you don't need all the ingredients. Quick feet is far more indicative of athleticism than speed

vCash
    I must admit, Bryce Young surprised me. For as athletic as he his, he was very much a pass first, run only when necessary type QB. He extended lots of passing plays.
    Yes, I know. I agree with you 100%, Shotgun. He?s still a pretty rare find..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Drew was very athletic. Very quick with great feet. He just wasn't fast. People tie athleticism & speed together too often. Speed is just one of many ingredients that can make someone athletic & you don't need all the ingredients. Quick feet is far more indicative of athleticism than speed
    This is correct. Brady, Marino, Brees and many others show this very thing.

vCash
    I think what he means is run if that is the last and only option (like you said). And for those who thinks he just wants a statue quarterback there in the pocket that is not mobile or elusive as a passer, he doesn't.