Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've been a Will Rogers fan

vCash
    Will is what Leach is looking for. He knows the system and by this point, he will be almost impossible to unseat because of this. The problem is and will be that the system is not near as plug and play as some are hoping and today showed that in great detail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    I watched will since he was in the 8 th grade. He is who he is... sorry Wyatt we need a true SEC QB
    Yeah he clearly cant do it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    The problem is and will be that the system is not near as plug and play as some are hoping and today showed that in great detail.
    Seems to me, the problem is the offense is simple to prepare for if given time. Leach has no adjustments to his system. Then his system QB has no ability to adjust either when elements of the offense are taking away by the defense.

vCash
    I don?t disagree. Playing against one of CML?s old AirRaid QBs was very eye opening for many today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Seems to me, the problem is the offense is simple to prepare for if given time. Leach has no adjustments to his system. Then his system QB has no ability to adjust either when elements of the offense are taking away by the defense.
    I think the reshuffled offensive line has the most to do with it. This offense is built around timing and reps. That and I think Will tried to do too much plus they did a good job of limiting our possessions by running clock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think the reshuffled offensive line has the most to do with it. This offense is built around timing and reps. That and I think Will tried to do too much plus they did a good job of limiting our possessions by running clock.
    The OL wasn't bad. No worse that all season really. That was one of the worst pass defenses in America. They sold out to get pressure and we couldn't beat them. We had terrible QB and WR play tonight, just like our last game. Our coaches didn't do a good job either.

vCash
    Will Rogers may as well be the only qb on the roster. Mike Moorhead is going to play that fiddle on deck as the ship sinks into the abyss. This game was beyond embarrassing and we are in deep shit next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The OL wasn't bad. No worse that all season really. That was one of the worst pass defenses in America. They sold out to get pressure and we couldn't beat them. We had terrible QB and WR play tonight, just like our last game. Our coaches didn't do a good job either.
    It wasn't what I would consider good either. We allowed like six sacks and we had trouble when they stunted and knowing who to pass the defender off to. That's what I'm talking about when I'm talking about the re-shuffling of the line being an issue.

And yes the QB and WR play were also issues as well.

vCash
    TT took away the swing pass and under routes. Rogers was then forced to look deeper and he just can't execute those passes well enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Will Rogers may as well be the only qb on the roster. Mike Moorhead is going to play that fiddle on deck as the ship sinks into the abyss. This game was beyond embarrassing and we are in deep shit next year.
    Twice mike leach had an incumbent qb beat out in the off season after record setting seasons at wazzu. Say what you will you about leach but he literally has an open qb competition every off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    TT took away the swing pass and under routes. Rogers was then forced to look deeper and he just can't execute those passes well enough.
    I don't get that about him sometimes. He's actually pretty good throwing the ball 15+ yards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Will sometimes tries to do too much and he needs to just play the game and trust the system. He did a poor job tonight although it wasn't all his fault.

Walley was bad. He has to work on being more consistent. Our line has some issues at times which was understandable given the situation.
    yes maybe Will could have played better but I was also seeing receivers covered like paint that couldn't get a lot of separation consistently ... I know there were times but overall TT had pretty good coverage against us
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    It’s those throws further than 20 yards he just can’t make. The defense really doesn’t have to defend any further than 20 yards with Will in there. That is a lot less space for receivers to attack. Robertson or Locke will make them defend about twice the area just based on arm strength alone. They can also move their feet pretty well.

vCash
    Will is fine if fine is what we’re looking for.

Problem is, he doesn’t have the athleticism to make plays and help us win when he isn’t playing well.

OM probably won a few games this year where Corral didn’t play well but made a play with his legs or arm that gave them just enough
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Will is fine if fine is what we’re looking for.

Problem is, he doesn’t have the athleticism to make plays and help us win when he isn’t playing well.

OM probably won a few games this year where Corral didn’t play well but made a play with his legs or arm that gave them just enough
    TN and Ark

vCash
    Will is fine if fine is what we?re looking for.

Problem is, he doesn?t have the athleticism to make plays and help us win when he isn?t playing well.

OM probably won a few games this year where Corral didn?t play well but made a play with his legs or arm that gave them just enough
    at least we aren't depending or pinning all our hopes on a "Portal" QB ..... there are several teams in worse predicaments than us
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    at least we aren't depending or pinning all our hopes on a "Portal" QB ..... there are several teams in worse predicaments than us
    Maybe we should be
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Maybe we should be
    won't argue that since we don't currently have a dependable back-up ..... I know absolutely nothing about Lovertich but still don't have a feeling of dependable with him or the others yet

vCash
    As someone said, TT played great pass defense last night. But there was times, that State had a WR in a window 20 yards down field. By the time the ball got there, the safety was able to make up ground to disrupt the catch.

Leach's offense, basically, has 3 guys running a route within 5 yards of the los and two guys going deeper. So, the deep guys will almost always be double covered. Defenses are playing two deep and closing those windows on the floaters to deep WRs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    won't argue that since we don't currently have a dependable back-up ..... I know absolutely nothing about Lovertich but still don't have a feeling of dependable with him or the others yet
    Isn?t Lovertich done?