Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terrible effort, no execution offensively??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    By who?
    I said I hope. Genius

vCash
    Everybody seems to be blaming Rogers. Granted, he didn't have a very good game, but he played great against Texas A&M and Auburn. I think our primary problem is defense. We couldn't stop anybody. They ran through us like we were a bunch of sissies that were afraid to tackle. Their guy scored from inside the 5 yard line and looked as if nobody even touched him. I know we had several guys out, but you would think we would have better substitutes and they would play hard. Another thing, our D/B's are terrible, with the exception of Forbes. We've gotten burned all year by poor D/B play. Doesn't bode well for our prior recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Everybody seems to be blaming Rogers. Granted, he didn't have a very good game, but he played great against Texas A&M and Auburn. I think our primary problem is defense. We couldn't stop anybody. They ran through us like we were a bunch of sissies that were afraid to tackle. Their guy scored from inside the 5 yard line and looked as if nobody even touched him. I know we had several guys out, but you would think we would have better substitutes and they would play hard. Another thing, our D/B's are terrible, with the exception of Forbes. We've gotten burned all year by poor D/B play. Doesn't bode well for our prior recruiting.
    Actually our defense settled in after the first quarter and kept us in the game until the 4th quarter when they wore down due to all the 3 and outs by our offense, and lack of depth. If our offense had done anything we could've won that game. This was not on the defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Rogers teeters on the edge of breakdown on the field, and if he gets a good streak going, he's going to go cold when we play a team that pressures him, or receivers and timing are off due to good coverages. I don't believe we are practicing this scheme enough against variations of defensive pressures and coverages, .
    This is my theory as well. This offense is dead in the water when defenses switch up coverages. QB and WRs get confused. Nobody on offense has the ability to make things happen when the play blows up.

Leach has just one napkin of plays to make adjustments.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 12-29-2021 at 04:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Actually our defense settled in after the first quarter and kept us in the game until the 4th quarter when they wore down due to all the 3 and outs by our offense, and lack of depth. If our offense had done anything we could've won that game. This was not on the defense.
    Your opinion, not mine. I know our offense didn't play great, but I've never seen such poor tackling by a MS State team, and I've been watching State games for many years.

vCash
    Your opinion, not mine. I know our offense didn't play great, but I've never seen such poor tackling by a MS State team, and I've been watching State games for many years.
    I respect your opinion, and we don't have to agree. The game was 13-7 more than halfway into the third quarter, if our offense had a pulse we could've made it competitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Will is going to get beat out this spring.

I hope
    I don't think he can get beat out in the Spring. However, another QB, hopefully Sawyer, can show enough upside that we go into the Fall with a legitimate battle.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    It?s all about attacking space on the field. Well when the box can only be stretched 18 yards vertically it makes that space to defend much smaller for the defense. We can?t throw it sideline to sideline or deep.....we can only throw it about 18 yards vertically. We also can?t side step any pass rush or even fall forwards for one or two yards.

Robertson or Locke make the offense much harder to defend just based on physical tools. That?s where this thing is headed.
    yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    This is my theory as well. This offense is dead in the water when defenses switch up coverages. QB and WRs get confused. Nobody on offense has the ability to make things happen when the play blows up.

Leach has just one napkin of plays to make adjustments.
    That explains several things-
    1. Lack of tempo- Will is trying to decipher everything presnap.
    2. Slow starts- We fall behind early due to trying to figure out defensive scheme.
    3. To comeback or not- if a defense is proactive, changing the zone scheme adding wrinkles, we are done. If not, we can figure them out and come from behind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmabull View Post
    We have nobody on the roster anywhere close to beating out Rogers. Will has his limitations and issues. Problem is Leach and staff missed on QB signees and we have nobody better. Unless Leach has a target in the portal, I don't see things changing next year.
    Have you seen Sawyer play?

How can you say he missed on a 93 rated 4 star QB that was the Texas Gatorade Player of the Year & hasn't taken a snap yet?

How can you possibly say that? How can anyone say that? It's got to be one of the dumbest internet rumors in years. It literally makes zero sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    By who?
    Sawyer developing

vCash
    Whew. Bad take here.

Will has the potential to play well & put up big numbers. Problem is that he has absolutely no tools to help us win when he doesn't play well

vCash
    By an act of God, say Leach makes the playoffs while here. Well, go ahead and chalk up an L because an offense like this dependent on timing and accuracy has no chance with a long layoff. No rhythm. He needs more than 3 running plays.

The last two games of the year have left me very suspect. One of his former QBs absolutely slammed the door on his offense.

And that was a very mediocre team that just kicked our ass.
    Last edited by FriarsPoint; 12-29-2021 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    It's a team effort. If the W/R's aren't playing well and getting open, there's nothing the QB can do no matter how good he is. It didn't seem to me there was a lot of effort by our W/R's last night, with the exception of Austin Williams.

vCash
    It's a team effort. If the W/R's aren't playing well and getting open, there's nothing the QB can do no matter how good he is. It didn't seem to me there was a lot of effort by our W/R's last night, with the exception of Austin Williams.
    I guess you forgot Austin Williams fumbled a punt which ended up with more points to Tech.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I guess you forgot Austin Williams fumbled a punt which ended up with more points to Tech.
    No, I didn't forget it. I guess he fumbled it-I didn't think he touched it but I guess he did. They got a FG out of it. I was referring to effort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    By an act of God, say Leach makes the playoffs while here. Well, go ahead and chalk up an L because an offense like this dependent on timing and accuracy has no chance with a long layoff. No rhythm. He needs more than 3 running plays.

The last two games of the year have left me very suspect. One of his former QBs absolutely slammed the door on his offense.
    Dead on

vCash
    I think Polk may have played hurt, for the rest of the game, after he took that big hit.