Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrible effort, no execution offensively??

vCash

Terrible effort, no execution offensively??

and YES, Will Rogers is not a leader. In fact, he?s definitely replaceable come the spring if we have anyone that can push him. He?s soft, and not willing to make a play when his slow ass had the opportunity to just gain 3-4 yds. His passes are weak and receivers have to wait on the ball to get to them. He?s just not the answer in this conference. Tonight he made a TT defensive backfield look like a bunch of Deion Sanders and Ronnie Lotts were playing for TT.

You guys can get to defending him, but at the end the results speak for themselves tonight! Got to have a Bond/Dak like leadership under center.

vCash
    word

vCash
    This sums it up fairly well

vCash
    Leach blaming it on Wills reads. We should've run more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    From what little I watched, Leach is right. DJ was gashing them and instead we decided to throw behind, over, and nowhere near a WR… When Will had the chance to run and a wide open field, he stayed put way too long and gave it up…

vCash
    Will is going to get beat out this spring.

I hope

vCash
    Leach should get an offensive coordinator and call plays rather than turning an offense over to an 19 year old. You've got a kid going against an adult defensive mind.

vCash
    Will did make a ton of bad reads. But Leach only has like 3 running plays too. His ass needs to adjust his scheme.

vCash
    It’s all about attacking space on the field. Well when the box can only be stretched 18 yards vertically it makes that space to defend much smaller for the defense. We can’t throw it sideline to sideline or deep.....we can only throw it about 18 yards vertically. We also can’t side step any pass rush or even fall forwards for one or two yards.

Robertson or Locke make the offense much harder to defend just based on physical tools. That’s where this thing is headed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    It’s all about attacking space on the field. Well when the box can only be stretched 18 yards vertically it makes that space to defend much smaller for the defense. We can’t throw it sideline to sideline or deep.....we can only throw it about 18 yards vertically. We also can’t side step any pass rush or even fall forwards for one or two yards.

Robertson or Locke make the offense much harder to defend just based on physical tools. That’s where this thing is headed.
    Good point. TT DBs just sat back there about 15 yards daring us to throw it long. Their LBs were tighter on our RBs than flies on shi&. Their tackles were spinning on the rushes and our guards didn't stop it. They were better coached and had a better gameplan. And Leach sitting there in his interview saying well the Runs were there BUT Will didn't call the plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    and YES, Will Rogers is not a leader. In fact, he?s definitely replaceable come the spring if we have anyone that can push him. He?s soft, and not willing to make a play when his slow ass had the opportunity to just gain 3-4 yds. His passes are weak and receivers have to wait on the ball to get to them. He?s just not the answer in this conference. Tonight he made a TT defensive backfield look like a bunch of Deion Sanders and Ronnie Lotts were playing for TT.

You guys can get to defending him, but at the end the results speak for themselves tonight! Got to have a Bond/Dak like leadership under center.
    the amount of times I've been in the stands and ended up furious watching him trot to the sideline 2 yards short on a 3rd down scramble. Shit pisses me off to no end. If I was a coach, that's an automatic ass chewing. Fight for your team and get those 2 yards, I miss having a tough QB back there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post

I hope
    By who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    By who?
    My 85 year old momma! *** She is more mobile than Will! She runs a mean 40 yard dash!!***

vCash
    We have nobody on the roster anywhere close to beating out Rogers. Will has his limitations and issues. Problem is Leach and staff missed on QB signees and we have nobody better. Unless Leach has a target in the portal, I don't see things changing next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    By who?
    That's a good question. LOL.

vCash
    I think we go 7-6 next year, with losing the EB and the Texas, Music, or Birm. Rogers teeters on the edge of breakdown on the field, and if he gets a good streak going, he's going to go cold when we play a team that pressures him, or receivers and timing are off due to good coverages. I don't believe we are practicing this scheme enough against variations of defensive pressures and coverages, and Mike Moorhead sees Rogers like his son.

For the record, I don't want Mike fired, mainly because we can't get anybody proven that can win over .500 here that would come.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    There is only one thing that needs to happen:
    1a. Send out the offense and those players are staying in for 6 consecutive plays.
    1b. We need to get the play in to Rogers, get to the line, snap the ball and get it out quick, unless we pump fake and go vertical.
    1c. Ball caught, get up to the line and snap it again with a maximum 30 seconds left on the clock.

After the 2nd first down, WR line change happens.

Our offense clicks when we are getting to the line and getting the play started faster than 7 seconds left on the play clock. Go back and watch any of our games, tempo is the key to keeping the defense on their heels.

Tempo, and execution is the key. Too bad we played slow and sloppy yesterday.
    Reminds me exactly of Ben Howland's halfcourt offense.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmabull View Post
    We have nobody on the roster anywhere close to beating out Rogers. Will has his limitations and issues. Problem is Leach and staff missed on QB signees and we have nobody better. Unless Leach has a target in the portal, I don't see things changing next year.
    Grad transfer q b can change that, and it would give Locke and Robertson a chance to develop.

Banned
    vCash
    Will needs to grow some ASS , learn how to lower his shoulder and pick up the 5-6 yard gimmies.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 12-29-2021 at 03:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post

I hope

I think you are right. There is just too much natural talent behind him.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.