Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What?s the difference?

vCash

What?s the difference?

I?m seeing lots on here claim that if you aren?t top 4 that you might as well get ready for opt outs, but I?m hearing that OM doesn?t have any and that includes a top draft pick at QB. I don?t know how in the world they are doing it, but it?s getting harder for me to stomach our guys sitting when OM has some how created a situation where their top guys plan on playing while spouting family/loyalty/etc. It wasn?t long ago that we had the better culture, but recently I find myself wondering if this is still true. We have become the selfish team. The look at me team. The stat team. All the things that we always condemned them for. Is this all due to JoMo? Did he get us this far into the woods or did he get us off path and then we were Shanghaied by a pirate?

vCash
    It?s pretty simple, Ole Miss views the Sugar Bowl as a special honor for their program. It?s similar to Utah and the Rose Bowl, doesn?t happen very often at all. The flip side of that is Ohio State, who views the Rose Bowl as a consolation prize and are disappointed to have missed the Playoff, and this thus they are experiencing opt outs.

vCash
    Did OM have opt outs last season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Did OM have opt outs last season?
    Yes. Moore and Yeboah.

vCash
    May not have opt outs but they got a lot entering the portal.

vCash
    Yet we have guys willing to play shorthanded this year and last year. That's not the sign of a selfish team or program. And we could've wussed out yesterday and not played because of "covid" like so many others have done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yet we have guys willing to play shorthanded this year and last year. That's not the sign of a selfish team or program. And we could've wussed out yesterday and not played because of "covid" like so many others have done.
    I don?t disagree on most of that, but it?s definitely disheartening to watch their big guys step it up. While many can point to how big a Sugar Bowl appearance is in the SEC and to OM, how did they get their top guys to care while many of ours couldn?t seem to care less? For whatever character flaws folks on here seem to know about Corral, the guy is a gamer, passionate, and a leader. The more I see of him, the more I wish he had played for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I don?t disagree on most of that, but it?s definitely disheartening to watch their big guys step it up. While many can point to how big a Sugar Bowl appearance is in the SEC and to OM, how did they get their top guys to care while many of ours couldn?t seem to care less? For whatever character flaws folks on here seem to know about Corral, the guy is a gamer, passionate, and a leader. The more I see of him, the more I wish he had played for us.
    Starkville lacks enough cougars to maintain Corral.

vCash
    I agree he's a great football player. I happen to know coaches on the Long Beach Poly staff and know his history and I wouldn't want to be around him at all. I guess it's how far you want to go to just win football games. Just ask Urban Meyer.

vCash
    Because it's their family culture. Has to be, I heard Kiffin say so on the news. Thanks for playing the game. Some things are becoming far too obvious.

vCash
    I agree he's a great football player. I happen to know coaches on the Long Beach Poly staff and know his history and I wouldn't want to be around him at all. I guess it's how far you want to go to just win football games. Just ask Urban Meyer.
    He'd make Chad Kelly appear to be an altar boy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    He'd make Chad Kelly appear to be an altar boy
    This and it's not even close.

vCash
    😂 we use family more than they do. You can act like this is an indication that I?m secretly a rebel bear shark, but pointing out an obvious trend doesn?t make one a traitor just because it shines us in a negative light, nor is it treasonous to wish we had a player of theirs, twat fart. I?m just tired of us always having an excuse. We are the same level as OM. We should be ahead of them, but excuses have allowed for us not to hold ourselves accountable on recent short comings. I prefer to hold MSU to a higher standard.

vCash
    This and it's not even close.
    I keep hearing this, but no one has anything to substantiate it. Kelly made the news with his stupidity. It?s easy to prove.

vCash
    I keep hearing this, but no one has anything to substantiate it. Kelly made the news with his stupidity. It?s easy to prove.
    Yeah because nothing ever gets covered up for star players**** Lawrence Phillips, Aaron Hernandez, and hundreds of others. I wouldn't know anything about him accept for the fact I know people that coached him in high school. Sorry.

vCash
    Yeah because nothing ever gets covered up for star players**** Lawrence Phillips, Aaron Hernandez, and hundreds of others. I wouldn't know anything about him accept for the fact I know people that coached him in high school. Sorry.
    I?m not saying that you are a liar, but in a world where social media tells all secrets, a name garnering the attention his has would be getting thoroughly dissected. They went back to jr high to get stuff on Drew Lock. How is there nothing remotely as bad as some claim showing up?

vCash
    You have no knowledge of how many different california high school he played at or the reasons why he was run off? How bout why Mullen dropped him at Florida?

vCash
    I?m not saying that you are a liar, but in a world where social media tells all secrets, a name garnering the attention his has would be getting thoroughly dissected. They went back to jr high to get stuff on Drew Lock. How is there nothing remotely as bad as some claim showing up?
    Why do you think nobody else in the country would take a 5 star qb but om? Because other schools did their digging and found out, om just looked the other way because thats who they are. Sorry but I know the mans true character and I would choose not to have him on my team as well, super star or not.

vCash
    I don?t know any of that, and it doesn?t come up when one googles him. All I know is that he was a 4 or 5 star Prospect that has played well for OM, not gotten in trouble while there, and led them to a 10 win regular season/Sugar Bowl.

vCash
    I don?t know any of that, and it doesn?t come up when one googles him. All I know is that he was a 4 or 5 star Prospect that has played well for OM, not gotten in trouble while there, and led them to a 10 win regular season/Sugar Bowl.
    Well some of us do know. Good for him and om, they're a perfect match for each other.