Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring Back Dan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Mullen was always too good for Starkville in his mind. He couldnt leave fast enough. This is sad guys.
    I love standsbury but he he let the program get beyond inmates running the asylum. You guys are better than this.
    Apparently not. You would think they would learn from bringing Ron Polk back but I guess some people are just slower than others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klong-dog View Post
    So if your gal dumped you for someone else, you'd take her back, soon as she got ditched?
    So, apparently you have never watched a Hallmark Movie. 🎅🏻

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Mullen - 69-46
    Leach - 11-14

Won his first three egg bowls too.,..
    Ill give you the egg bowls, but since you want to get technical, lets take all of Dan's cupcakes out his first year and just do SEC games and the Dan's full season his second year to make it fair, or do we not play fair when someone wants to make a stupid ass point....

Dan Mullen- SEC only in 2009/2010- 7-9 2 Ranked Wins
    Mike Leach- SEC only in 2020/2021- 8-10 (with one extra game) 4 Ranked Wins

So yea your right, such a huge step back****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Ill give you the egg bowls, but since you want to get technical, lets take all of Dan's cupcakes out his first year and just do SEC games and the Dan's full season his second year to make it fair, or do we not play fair when someone wants to make a stupid ass point....

SOS...
    2009 - 14th
    2010 - 16th
    2020 - 20th
    2021 - 24th

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ate=2021-12-29

The sec in 2009 and 2010 was much stronger than now. Auburn and lsu have been down the last 2 years. Arkansas had Petrino

vCash
    Great, now like Stansbury we have another coach on this board people will constantly be debating about. Stansbury had to ?retire? because of his inability to control the team, not his job performance in terms of wins. Dan didn?t want to be here post 2010 but just couldn?t find a better job to give him more money. Neither would be here no matter what Strickland, Cohen etc did. The problem is that following both Stansbury and Dan we made absolutely horrific hires with Ray and Moorhead. Howland at least brought the basketball program back to a decent level and Leach despite yesterday has been average. This basketball season and next football season should determine if we keep both or need to go another direction.

vCash
    So many random thoughts but no real ideas for who the leader as HC should be if not Leach. Leach will win 6 or 7 next year and Howland will stay til he wants to leave.

vCash
    I had this conversation last night with someone. I think you have a frank conversation with Leach and truly gauge if he wants to do this anymore and if he can?t give you a concise answer then you part ways. No hard feelings on either side. And this isn?t one night where we played bad, it is two years of not looking like he cares whether we win or lose and finding someone else to blame. And then the comment last night about being happy for Tech??? WTF???

If he?s not all in then we need to move on and go get Dan. Love him or hate him he elevated us to a level we rarely saw before and we have not sniffed since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post

If we are taking cupcakes out of the records, 2 of Leach's SEC wins were against 2 of the worst Vandy teams of all time.

Look - If you feel better about where we are as a program at the end of year 2 with Leach than in 2010 with Mullen, ok.

Also, you can't just throw away a line "I'll give you the egg bowls, but..."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Great, now like Stansbury we have another coach on this board people will constantly be debating about. Stansbury had to ?retire? because of his inability to control the team, not his job performance in terms of wins. Dan didn?t want to be here post 2010 but just couldn?t find a better job to give him more money. Neither would be here no matter what Strickland, Cohen etc did. The problem is that following both Stansbury and Dan we made absolutely horrific hires with Ray and Moorhead. Howland at least brought the basketball program back to a decent level and Leach despite yesterday has been average. This basketball season and next football season should determine if we keep both or need to go another direction.
    To be fair, any rational MSU fan didn't want Mullen to leave even after the clusterf@ck of an egg bowl.

CDM is a good coach. Yes, he didn't want to be here when he had a chance to get the Florida gig. Hell, Kiffin doesn't want to be in oxford, but a good coach, is a good coach and when you have a good coach, you keep him.

I'll admit, i'm biased because I just enjoy CDM's offense more than Leach's, I think you can be more successful in the SEC with a running QB.

That said, no one actually thinks we are hiring CDM back. Same way, no one thinks we are ever bringing Stans back. I think if CDM was our head coach the last 4 seasons, that we would have won at least 3 egg bowls, and would have had a better record for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    To be fair, any rational MSU fan didn't want Mullen to leave even after the clusterf@ck of an egg bowl.

CDM is a good coach. Yes, he didn't want to be here when he had a chance to get the Florida gig. Hell, Kiffin doesn't want to be in oxford, but a good coach, is a good coach and when you have a good coach, you keep him.

I'll admit, i'm biased because I just enjoy CDM's offense more than Leach's, I think you can be more successful in the SEC with a running QB.

That said, no one actually thinks we are hiring CDM back. Same way, no one thinks we are ever bringing Stans back. I think if CDM was our head coach the last 4 seasons, that we would have won at least 3 egg bowls, and would have had a better record for sure.

CDM took our HC position because we offered him a SEC HC position. And he had wanted to get out of here way before the Florida HC position ever became available. He had just planned on being here a few years and then go to a "real football school" as he called it.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 12-29-2021 at 11:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    CDM took our HC position because we offered him a SEC HC position in the SEC. And he had wanted to get out of here way before the Florida HC position ever became available. He had just planned on being here a few years and then go to a "real football school" as he called it.
    You've just described almost every hire us or OM will make