Thread: good article - covid cancellations and opt-outs

vCash

good article - covid cancellations and opt-outs

With all of the Covid cancellations and opt outs in college football, it reminded me of this article. Delta Streets played Greenville Christian because they signed up for it. When other teams cancelled because Greenville Christian was so good, they kept their word and played. They lost 74-0, but they freaking played. Worth a read.

https://cdispatch.com/sports/2021-10...ian-challenge/

Banned
    vCash
    In.

vCash
    “We signed up to play this game and we’re going to play it,” Upshaw said. “We are not teaching our guys to quit.”

Perseverance is one of the school’s five stated and published core values, with this addendum: “We work hard even when we fail.”

Says Howard, the school’s founder, “We are building character here. Part of that is the discipline to do what you said you were going to do. We said we were going to play. We are going to play. Wins and losses are not what define us. We are developing young men.

“These young men will face difficult times later in life, maybe with their marriages or with their jobs or with life in general. We all face them, right? You do. I do. We all do. You can’t just quit, you know. You got to face up to them."

“Oh man, they are really, really good,” said McGhee, who is realistic about his and his team’s goals Friday night. “I just want to compete,” McGhee said. “We want to score against them, put some points on the board — not many teams do.”

“I want to compete,” Lewis said. “I want to show what I can do. I know how good they are, but I am not scared.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    “We signed up to play this game and we’re going to play it,” Upshaw said. “We are not teaching our guys to quit.”

Perseverance is one of the school’s five stated and published core values, with this addendum: “We work hard even when we fail.”

Says Howard, the school’s founder, “We are building character here. Part of that is the discipline to do what you said you were going to do. We said we were going to play. We are going to play. Wins and losses are not what define us. We are developing young men.

“These young men will face difficult times later in life, maybe with their marriages or with their jobs or with life in general. We all face them, right? You do. I do. We all do. You can’t just quit, you know. You got to face up to them."

“Oh man, they are really, really good,” said McGhee, who is realistic about his and his team’s goals Friday night. “I just want to compete,” McGhee said. “We want to score against them, put some points on the board — not many teams do.”

“I want to compete,” Lewis said. “I want to show what I can do. I know how good they are, but I am not scared.”
    Unfortunately not many people live their lives this way anymore. It's to easy to just quit when things get hard and that sucks. It's amazing how soft our society has become in such a short time.