Thread: Malik Heath

vCash

Malik Heath

Do we have any update on him? How?s he doing?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Per Twitter a few days ago, he was back in Starkville. Not sure of his condition but I hope he is getting around alright.

vCash
    I wouldn?t be surprised if he didn?t play next season for Coach Prime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I wouldn?t be surprised if he didn?t play next season for Coach Prime.
    You would not be surprised if he did not play next season for Coach Prime? Is there an extra "not" in there, or is there some rumor you are referring to?

vCash
    Prior to the wreck, he wasn't planning on coming back. I have no idea if that's changed or not now

vCash
    Wouldn't mind him coming back.

vCash
    Honestly, he needs to move on. He's a solid receiver, but it's time for some of the younger guys to step up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Honestly, he needs to move on. He's a solid receiver, but it's time for some of the younger guys to step up.
    If I were in his shoes I would come back, have a big year, and go to the combine hopefully at full strength. I don't think he would get drafted this year but with a strong season next year I could see it as a possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If I were in his shoes I would come back, have a big year, and go to the combine hopefully at full strength. I don't think he would get drafted this year but with a strong season next year I could see it as a possibility.
    RaRa Thomas had already started to take his spot. He would still get touches but he's not gonna get more snaps than he did this season. Just don't see it.

vCash
    RaRa Thomas had already started to take his spot. He would still get touches but he's not gonna get more snaps than he did this season. Just don't see it.
    ^^^^This^^^^ the reason he could be playing for Coach Prime next year?. Or The Lane Train. There is a possibility or a WR Swap with Ole Miss.

vCash
    We want to rotate 8-10 receivers. As long as he works hard he will get touches even if he isn't starting. See Walley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We want to rotate 8-10 receivers. As long as he works hard he will get touches even if he isn't starting. See Walley.
    I'm aware. That's why I said he would still get touches. Just not as many.

vCash
    Let’s not lose the fact that his mindset was turning around toward the end of the season. If it really did turn over this off-season, with his talent and the right mind, he would be so dynamic that it would be really hard to not play him unless his tung was dragging and needed a break.

I hope he heals, comes back and has a monster season next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Let’s not lose the fact that his mindset was turning around toward the end of the season. If it really did turn over this off-season, with his talent and the right mind, he would be so dynamic that it would be really hard to not play him unless his tung was dragging and needed a break.

I hope he heals, comes back and has a monster season next year.
    I do too, just adds more depth.

vCash
    I'm aware. That's why I said he would still get touches. Just not as many.
    It's not uncommon for our receivers to get 3-5 touches apiece a game. That would be very similar to what he would get with any other team and probably more to be honest.