Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The thing that once made this page great?

Banned
    vCash

The thing that once made this page great?

Was the very limited moderation. We all agreed that it?s a message board and everyone has opinions. It made this board great. Now with scooba?s power trip and king complex it?s quickly becoming the next overly moderated fan page. I miss the days of c34, hack, behr, hack, and others moderating. Scooba and I get along fine, I just wish he would stop trying to run the page like it?s his alone to run. The great posters made this page what it is. Not the owners alone and certainly not scooba. But , to each his own I guess. Bring on tech and then bring on baseball!! Oh, and before you say ?well you can leave??. I stay not because the board is great, it?s fading fast, but bc we have some incredible posters here. Some of the best on any message board. But sadly, many are being ran off because if they wanted extreme moderation they would have stayed with the other pages. Anyway , getting off my soapbox now.

Banned
    vCash
    Dude just wants to stop idiotic covid disinformation from cluttering the board. That's literally the only thing I've noticed moderated. Go to al.com if you want wild wild west stupidity. Letting covid deniers argue with covid truthers is stupid. One side can't even grasp that 800K+ Americans are dead and counting. There's no more discussion to be had because if that doesn't shut you up, when the original doom and gloom predictions undersold it, then nothing will. So go elsewhere and keep it out. Not like State information is getting removed.

vCash
    I mean, Scoob really only steps in when threads go off the rails re: politics, religion, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I mean, Scoob really only steps in when threads go off the rails re: politics, religion, etc.
    Agreed. Scoobs doing a good job.

vCash
    You know what makes this page really bad?

Having a front page where multiple threads devolve from sports topics into a political back and forth about Covid.

He's doing the right thing in shutting this crap down when it goes off the rails.

vCash
    If anything, it was the lack of moderation during the 2020 Covid summer and fall where EVERYTHING was about Covid because we had no sports discuss and that ran people off. That period was off the rails bad and was allowed to run crazy. I think Scooba recognizes this and is smart by shutting it down.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    A lot of people want to control others.

It gives them a high. They do it to ?make things better??when usually it does the opposite but they are happy as they are on control.

I think a lot of people just leave. At least hopefully they do.

I do.

vCash
    Yea so take some Nyquil for this cold thats a going round and talk sports but its hard to when we have players forced to test and sit out of a bowl game when the are in fact not sick.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    1) pronounce the other person as stupid

2) ban them

3) act like life is better because you got rid of the liars

Please

vCash
    no use in lying at all for any reason

vCash
    This he is keeping it a sports page/

vCash
    How do we discuss the teams pulling out of bowls?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Obviously, we change our names, wear plastic mustaches, and meet in a New Jersey pizza parlor to discuss options!**

vCash
    Also, something I don't think ever gets mentioned...what Scoob does is the most thankless job on the board. Moderating all of our crazy asses isn't some caviar picnic, lol. Do doubt we all are giant pain in the asses, yet he does it.

I really don't believe y'all want the anarchy that some seem to long for....

vCash
    Obviously, we change our names, wear plastic mustaches, and meet in a New Jersey pizza parlor to discuss options!**
    Rep!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    By not having posters go into a political rant or trolling by saying something like "looks like another team has to miss the bowls because they have a bunch of healthy players" knowing it will illicit a response. It's really not that hard honestly.

My grandfather always said people should be able to disagree without being disagreeable. Too much disagreeable and political ideology coming onto the board. Some folks trolling on purpose.

We can talk about the subject without people making it descend into that crap.

vCash
    Keep up the good work Scooba. No complaints here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    By not having posters go into a political rant or trolling by saying something like "looks like another team has to miss the bowls because they have a bunch of healthy players" knowing it will illicit a response. It's really not that hard honestly.

My grandfather always said people should be able to disagree without being disagreeable. Too much disagreeable and political ideology coming onto the board. Some folks trolling on purpose.

We can talk about the subject without people making it descend into that crap.
    I agree with everything you say. My grandfather said the same thing too. I have no idea who is a troll or not. I am simply asking an honest question. Are we to assume that any of these players are actually ill with symptoms? This is not a descend into crap comment either.

vCash
    Been on the board almost from the start and the moderators have never been extreme in my opinion. This board has ebbs and flows just like everything else in life. The conversations always flow with MSU sports, if we are in the tank, posters lose interest and the vacuum is filled with crazies spouting their agendas. Scoob tries to keep it civil.

vCash
    What happened to Behr and Hack?