Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The thing that once made this page great?

vCash
    I haven't been here from its inception but pretty close. This has always been my favorite page for MSU sports news. However as it stands COVID is a part of sports now and it's impossible to freely talk about sports without COVID. Unfortunately it's also nearly impossible to talk about COVID without it getting heated. I'm not exactly sure how to handle it. Ive just tried to avoid the arguments but there was a time I thought the initial COVID thread would never end and its been dead for a long time now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Bingo. Boise State pulled out of a bowl game today whose payout was only $350,000 before sending the team down to Aeizona. This way they get a free excuse to make a financial decision.

It's not that their COVID cases aren't real, just that (as I've pointed out with the other cancelers), they aren't down to 43 like we were against Georgia last year.** They could play, they just don't want it enough. Boise did the same thing a year ago, although at least then they had the decency to pull out in early December.

**-News articles I see is that teams are missing 20-30 players. That's significant, but when you count walk-ons is going to be well above 43.
    According to Reddit (I know, not the best source), Boston College had 10 players unavailable due to COVID, and that was enough for them to cancel their game.

So if that's true, it means either BC was looking to cancel the game and used COVID as an excuse, or they had so many transfers and opt-outs that they were thin anyway and 10 more made the difference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    According to Reddit (I know, not the best source), Boston College had 10 players unavailable due to COVID, and that was enough for them to cancel their game.

So if that's true, it means either BC was looking to cancel the game and used COVID as an excuse, or they had so many transfers and opt-outs that they were thin anyway and 10 more made the difference
    It could also be a position group issue. Missing all your QBs or another position group would potentially be why some of these are cancelling. 10 isn't enough to get your team that low, but if it takes out all of your LBs or takes out your entire WR room, then it becomes a bigger issue than just the number.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Missing then both. Hack stays busy and Behr just don't do the board anymore.

Matt, if you have a problem with me. feel free to send me a message. If you wanna talk Covid... which is the only then I shut down later... well I'm sorry go somewhere else.
    You don't like me, and I can guess why, (your true savior you worship) , and thats fine, I pray for you dude.

I don't control this page solo, but am allowed to do most admin duties without asking anything because I have proved myself. I don't power trip and try to be fair. If anyone sees an issue, please message me. I will respond.

If anyone is leaving, well, I would hate to leave that, but pretty much the only reason anyone is banned is for politics.. and the bans usually arent long as I usually give big 2nd change as some here can agree.

This board is still great and will continue to get better. Stay if you want, but if you just want to complain.. well seems the people have spoken.
    Bullshit. You lock and delete every thread I start about my sexual fetish for vintage WWF action figures. Don't act like you don't censor the shit out of this page.

ETA: And don't tell me professional wrestling isn't a real sport so it should be on the OT page. That's a bullshit excuse also.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    It could also be a position group issue. Missing all your QBs or another position group would potentially be why some of these are cancelling. 10 isn't enough to get your team that low, but if it takes out all of your LBs or takes out your entire WR room, then it becomes a bigger issue than just the number.
    That makes sense.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Bullshit. You lock and delete every thread I start about my sexual fetish for vintage WWF action figures. Don't act like you don't censor the shit out of this page.

ETA: And don't tell me professional wrestling isn't a real sport so it should be on the OT page. That's a bullshit excuse also.
    LMAO

vCash
    I appreciate the job Scooba does. And this site got a whole lot better when Preacher and 34 started posting less.

Banned
    vCash

Best post on this thread.

vCash

No clue what you are talking about... I wouldn't LOCK a thread about that. I WOULD move it..
    and Yes. It does belong on OT. Because this is a MSU board. not your fantasy board.

Banned
    vCash
    This thread startin' to resemble a continuation of exclusionary collectivist butt hurt.

vCash
    Well this thread has been entertaining. Where else are you going to hear about a sexual fetish for vintage WWF action figures.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Well this thread has been entertaining. Where else are you going to hear about a sexual fetish for vintage WWF action figures.
    Platinum Plus has been dead for 2 years since the ref left, he's welcome to restart it with his desires lol....

Banned
    vCash
    No clue what you are talking about... I wouldn't LOCK a thread about that. I WOULD move it..
    and Yes. It does belong on OT. Because this is a MSU board. not your fantasy board.
    I think this says more about the state of the board and internet in general than Scoob that you didn't take that for the obvious sarcasm that it was. Reality is so twisted that you can't discern satire from genuine posts.

vCash
    Platinum Plus has been dead for 2 years since the ref left, he's welcome to restart it with his desires lol....
    Rep!

Banned
    vCash
    Makes ED the place to go when you got Johnson types and others. Quality takes with solid humor combined. Quality Posters make it what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Makes ED the place to go when you got Johnson types and others. Quality takes with solid humor combined. Quality Posters make it what it is.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I think this says more about the state of the board and internet in general than Scoob that you didn't take that for the obvious sarcasm that it was. Reality is so twisted that you can't discern satire from genuine posts.
    I thought it might be...but I leaned towards him being serious and the only thing I could think was some people think posts get deleted or locked when they can't find a thread moved to the OT boards.

Banned
    vCash
    Whoosh!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Agreed. Scoobs doing a good job.
    I just hates he shuts it down before I can add stuff. That Karen was a former Raider cheerleader. There I added it.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I just hates he shuts it down before I can add stuff. That Karen was a former Raider cheerleader. There I added it.
    LOL, Rep!