Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The thing that once made this page great?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    What happened to Behr and Hack?
    ^^^

vCash
    I don't mind Scooba and him being the moderator. I still feel like this board is the best Mississippi State board for actual discussion.

Gene's Page is good for news and info, but the board still has several of the old GP farts from before the merger that make blunt and honest discussion nearly impossible.

Also, I still find it beyond stupid that the board is still named "Gene's Page" but that's a topic for another day.

vCash
    Yeah Behr, Hack, ISID, coach57, among others have vanished and they were great posters

vCash
    Truth is we need to educate the left instead of locking the thread and making them comfortable in their thinking. Their way of thinking is severely flawed and it seems that the minute someone tells them about it on here is also the very same moment the thread gets locked up. A sports message board will always have some sort of politics in it. It is the nature of any message board. Stop being so scared of telling the woke how dumb they really are. I know a lot of you agree and won?t say anything about it but I know who you are. I am normally that person also. Sometimes is best to actually fight it out and argue and come up with something other than ?let it go, let everyone think how they want?. The left is 100% wrong almost all the time but normal people just cater to them. It?s to have a good fight once in a while. Preacher is right and has his heart in the right place.

vCash
    I've been a member here since near the beginning (under a different user name), but really don't follow postings closely or know the major players (if i see a topic that interests me I click on it). I enjoy the OT on tigerdroppings, to my knowledge, there is little moderation and most posters don't get their feelings hurt easily. I think too many posters on here and SPS get their feelings hurt too easily, which results in a lot of childish back and forth.

I do appreciate the people who are responsible for this board and SPS as I get most of my MSU related sports info from these sources. Thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    ^^^
    Missing then both. Hack stays busy and Behr just don't do the board anymore.

Matt, if you have a problem with me. feel free to send me a message. If you wanna talk Covid... which is the only then I shut down later... well I'm sorry go somewhere else.
    You don't like me, and I can guess why, (your true savior you worship) , and thats fine, I pray for you dude.

I don't control this page solo, but am allowed to do most admin duties without asking anything because I have proved myself. I don't power trip and try to be fair. If anyone sees an issue, please message me. I will respond.

If anyone is leaving, well, I would hate to leave that, but pretty much the only reason anyone is banned is for politics.. and the bans usually arent long as I usually give big 2nd change as some here can agree.

This board is still great and will continue to get better. Stay if you want, but if you just want to complain.. well seems the people have spoken.

vCash
    Amen KP2. I just have an issue with non sick folk being told they are sick whether they are an athlete or not. They are totally ruining some of the bowl game experiences for teams and fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyPowers2 View Post
    Truth is we need to educate the left instead of locking the thread and making them comfortable in their thinking. Their way of thinking is severely flawed and it seems that the minute someone tells them about it on here is also the very same moment the thread gets locked up. A sports message board will always have some sort of politics in it. It is the nature of any message board. Stop being so scared of telling the woke how dumb they really are. I know a lot of you agree and won?t say anything about it but I know who you are. I am normally that person also. Sometimes is best to actually fight it out and argue and come up with something other than ?let it go, let everyone think how they want?. The left is 100% wrong almost all the time but normal people just cater to them. It?s to have a good fight once in a while. Preacher is right and has his heart in the right place.
    Change left to right and read it again. Just because you disagree doesn't mean the other side is wrong. that's the problem with America, noone is willing to listen to the other side so often.
    It's why politic isn't alllowed. It's simple. Nooone is changing anyones mind on a message board.

Thats not changing.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 12-27-2021 at 08:33 PM.

vCash
    I could care less who changes their mind. I have an issue with non sick being told they can't participate in a game or a function due to this issue. Nobody else has suspicions about these positive cases?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I could care less who changes their mind. I have an issue with non sick being told they can't participate in a game or a function due to this issue. Nobody else has suspicions about these positive cases?
    Drop it, we aren't debating your conspiracy theories here. Jeez. It can't be made more clear.

vCash
    I personally know a family of a player on a college team who this has happened to. That is the reason for my statements. No conspiracy here

Banned
    vCash
    i'll echo scoob's sentiment here. but offer an invitation to directly message me about what i need education on outside of 800k+ dead and less rights given up due to it than we gave up due to a couple of plane hijackings 20 years ago. that serves as an open invitation to anyone else on the board that feels the need to "educate the left". messages are open and i'll listen to debate if you can agree in the end when i price you wrong with stats and common sense that you just want to be right and didn't care to learn anything and will just agree to disagree about facts. thanks.

vCash
    They had a Star Wars themed wedding dressed like Storm Troopers...***

vCash
    Lolz, sure.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Change left to right and read it again. Just because you disagree doesn't mean the other side is wrong. that's the problem with America, noone is willing to listen to the other side so often.
    It's why politic isn't alllowed. It's simple. Nooone is changing anyones mind on a message board.

Thats not changing.
    The thing isn?t disagreeing with one side of the other. There are always varying opinions on matters but only one set of facts. When one disagrees with the facts because their opinion is skewed and flawed by believing easily disproved ?facts? and undeniable facts blow up their ?beliefs? they shut down the conversation if possible.

Once again, some posters simply regurgitate undeniable facts and get shut down because others either refuse to believe facts or cannot simply fathom that with which they have believed in, is the actual fallacy. Would rather shut it down than reflect and do an inner assessment on why and how they were so misled to believe something that cannot be proved with undeniable facts.

I think that is the issue here. I?m an engineer. I deal in facts, not what I hope, believe or wish to be true. No matter how good or bad my personal perception is of the facts. Water is wet and fire is hot. How I feel about either is irrelevant to their undeniable truths. Things are what they are, no matter how bad I or anyone else wants them to be different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Dude just wants to stop idiotic covid disinformation from cluttering the board. That's literally the only thing I've noticed moderated. Go to al.com if you want wild wild west stupidity. Letting covid deniers argue with covid truthers is stupid. One side can't even grasp that 800K+ Americans are dead and counting. There's no more discussion to be had because if that doesn't shut you up, when the original doom and gloom predictions undersold it, then nothing will. So go elsewhere and keep it out. Not like State information is getting removed.
    800k dead from covid? Hahahahahahaha. Yeah ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    The thing isn?t disagreeing with one side of the other. There are always varying opinions on matters but only one set of facts. When one disagrees with the facts because their opinion is skewed and flawed by believing easily disproved ?facts? and undeniable facts blow up their ?beliefs? they shut down the conversation if possible.

Once again, some posters simply regurgitate undeniable facts and get shut down because others either refuse to believe facts or cannot simply fathom that with which they have believed in, is the actual fallacy. Would rather shut it down than reflect and do an inner assessment on why and how they were so misled to believe something that cannot be proved with undeniable facts.

I think that is the issue here. I?m an engineer. I deal in facts, not what I hope, believe or wish to be true. No matter how good or bad my personal perception is of the facts. Water is wet and fire is hot. How I feel about either is irrelevant to their undeniable truths. Things are what they are, no matter how bad I or anyone else wants them to be different.
    Good to know only engineers deal in facts, lol.

Definitive statements like this are what lead to threads getting locked, btw.

"I mean, I'm right...they're wrong....so, be more like me and stop being wrong" - Rouge

vCash
    Did your momma, Rachel maddow, give you those talking points?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Lolz, sure.
    I think you just made his point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    I think you just made his point