Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Be prepared

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    It's really interesting how Memphis, East Carolina, and SMU all had their bowls canceled because of the other team's "COVID" (transfers, opt-outs, general disinterest, etc.), and all 3 of them have said they're not going to look for another bowl, they're just going home.

I wonder if this is a coordinated message the AAC is trying to send to the bowls / other conferences or what.
    I thought you frowned upon conspiracy theories

vCash
    Whatever this means. May be empty. But this was linked over at the TT Raider forums and supposedly is a "solid" source: https://mobile.twitter.com/gamblinga...995294725?s=21

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Where are the TWEET tags? What do they look like?
    For the Tweet you posted, type this:

And it looks like this:
    [tweet]1475138538815557637[/tweet]

vCash
    It's really interesting how Memphis, East Carolina, and SMU all had their bowls canceled because of the other team's "COVID" (transfers, opt-outs, general disinterest, etc.), and all 3 of them have said they're not going to look for another bowl, they're just going home.

I wonder if this is a coordinated message the AAC is trying to send to the bowls / other conferences or what.
    What's the message? We don't want any money from bowl games? I would think this really hurts them

Banned
    vCash
    Nobody is clicking on a link. Embed the Tweets if you want anyone to read them.
    I clicked it. Was pretty simple

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What's the message? We don't want any money from bowl games? I would think this really hurts them
    Smaller schools often lose money going to bowl games. They can be forced to buy way more tickets than they can sell and just eat the cost of the tickets, and they have to support big salaries for all the bowl game executives. The G5 (and really the P5 too) could come out ahead by pulling out of all bowl games, and just having the conferences set up the games and keep all the money.

vCash
    is there not something easier to do? Click on some icon and paste? I'm a copy/paste guy.

Hell, I have to have an asst coach handle hudl for me as far as the sideline hudl and making cut ups. I've entered old man stage apparently.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Smaller schools often lose money going to bowl games. They can be forced to buy way more tickets than they can sell and just eat the cost of the tickets, and they have to support big salaries for all the bowl game executives. The G5 (and really the P5 too) could come out ahead by pulling out of all bowl games, and just having the conferences set up the games and keep all the money.
    Maybe so then. I'd have thought they made money on bowls

vCash
    I would imagine they make up for that with exposure . No different than advertising.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe so then. I'd have thought they made money on bowls
    If that was what they were going for they wouldn't have sent their teams to the bowl site in the first place.

vCash
    Well... at least we'll have the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    the world has gone crazy. we have 12 year old's getting vaccines when they are at zero risk and the vaccines don't prevent spread. need some leadership in this country. and some common sense.
    Crazy times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Well... at least we'll have the playoffs.
    No guarantee one of those teams wouldn't be affected either though. They've already put plans in place in case that does indeed happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Lol. I did too. It was pretty easy.
    So did I. Was a nice little thread

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Probably j be it safe to have shipments of Robo to college kids.

Anyway, here is hoping one of the
    Teams has to pull out for half the team having COVID.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No guarantee one of those teams wouldn't be affected either though. They've already put plans in place in case that does indeed happen.
    I’m sure Cincy will soon be hit by the dreaded Omnicron.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    I?ll say it again. The tests are useless. So are the masks & testing any asymptomatic person. It?s all theater. Welcome to Tyrannical control. Keep complying to the ignorance & it?s not going to end well.

ETA: first video about masks is irrelevant. No idea why it?s showing two tweets lol. New to this imbed thingy ha.

[tweet]1472584412617453569[/tweet]
    Last edited by 662dawg; 12-27-2021 at 01:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We keep testing healthy elite athletes with no symptoms for some idiotic reason. Makes no sense
    Yep this is what I don't understand either. Makes no sense at all. This whole thing has gotten insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    I?ll say it again. The tests are useless. So are the masks & testing any asymptomatic person. It?s all theater. Welcome to Tyrannical control. Keep complying to the ignorance & it?s not going to end well.

ETA: first video about masks is irrelevant. No idea why it?s showing two tweets lol. New to this imbed thingy ha.

[tweet]1472584412617453569[/tweet]
    I'll say it again, We aren't discussing covid here.