Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is our next QB?

vCash

Who is our next QB?

Curious as to what you all think after Rogers is done here. Robertson, Greek, Locke? Someone else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Curious as to what you all think after Rogers is done here. Robertson, Greek, Locke? Someone else?
    Lovertich is the only other QB that saw action this year .... I think the bigger question is who will still be around when Rogers is gone because I don't think all of these guys will be content to sit for the next 2 or 3 years
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    We still have 3 more yrs with Rogers barring injury. I?m gonna say probably someone else. I get the idea that these guys will be gone by then.

Banned
    vCash
    Whatever happened to that dude that lit the state on fire as a freshman that Rick Cleveland did a piece on? Forget his name and school.

vCash
    Hard to believe it wouldn't be Sawyer if he's still around.

vCash
    That's why I favor it to be Locke. The other guys being a year older probably not going to wait around. I don't see Rogers doing any more than 2 more full seasons before moving on. If Locke is a RS sophomore at that point you have to like his chances. Granted if either Greek or Robertson are still around as a RS Jr, they are probably going to be called upon.

vCash
    That's why I favor it to be Locke. The other guys being a year older probably not going to wait around. I don't see Rogers doing any more than 2 more full seasons before moving on. If Locke is a RS sophomore at that point you have to like his chances. Granted if either Greek or Robertson are still around as a RS Jr, they are probably going to be called upon.
    Will can play 3 more years, and unless one of the quarterbacks on scholarship currently, can some how beat him out for the starting job then I don't think any will be around. None of them came here to be a backup quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Will can play 3 more years, and unless one of the quarterbacks on scholarship currently, can some how beat him out for the starting job then I don't think any will be around. None of them came here to be a backup quarterback.
    maybe the better question is who will be the back-up QB
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I think it will be Sawyer. I could see Will leaving for the NFL after 2023.

Banned
    vCash
    Damn. How did Ty Keyes end up at USM?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    maybe the better question is who will be the back-up QB

I think you are right on this. Two many variables on who will be our next quarterback. I think, too, another factor in play, on who will be our next quarterback, is who will be the next quarterback that CML will sign for 2023.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Damn. How did Ty Keyes end up at USM?
    He followed Will Hall there from Tulane. He was a former Tulane commit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    As what?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    As what?
    Don't be hatin'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Don't be hatin'
    He had a good 2nd half. He's a smart QB. He's accurate on the short stuff. I just dont see an arm that translates to throwing that bigger NFL ball.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    He had a good 2nd half. He's a smart QB. He's accurate on the short stuff. I just dont see an arm that translates to throwing that bigger NFL ball.
    Agree. I see Graham Harrell when I see Will, which is great for us.

vCash
    Totally agree. I can’t see Will in the NFL. Size and arm strength is an issue when you are a pocket passer. Will doesn’t excite anyone in the NFL. They will consider him a system QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Come on man? maybe MAYBE 10 years ago in that 4-6 round. In the current NFL I just don?t see it. You either have to be elite at extending plays, a cannon that stretches the field, or TB. Will is an insanely talented college player, and I hope he has a long NFL career. Just don?t see him leaving a year early to be a camp tryout. Stay here 5 years, break every record and get a free masters

vCash
    If Will starts 3 more years, is he going to be the NCAA all time leading passer? He's surely have SEC all time locked up forever, but I wonder about nationally...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    If Will starts 3 more years, is he going to be the NCAA all time leading passer? He's surely have SEC all time locked up forever, but I wonder about nationally...
    Case Keenum has 19,217