Thread: Merry Christmas

vCash

Merry Christmas

Whether you believe in the traditional reasons for Christmas or not, one has a hard time denying the magic during this time of year. It shows up when we adults get silly, wrapping our houses in lights, wasting electricity, dressing up like Santa, and dragging a tree in from outside. The last few years have been a struggle, but there are still a few great places where you can see that magic show up on a child?s face- Canton, Columbia, and a few select neighborhoods. I wish it were more widespread, like the good old days when you couldn?t afford good gifts, so you focused on having a good time. When Santa was a spirit of giving that we all aspired to, one where you didn?t need anything, not even recognition, to appreciate the ability to help one another. Maybe we will see that make a comeback soon.
    I hope that each of you has a safe and happy holiday season. If you find yourself missing someone, I hope that pleasant memories rekindle good feelings rather than lonelinesses. God bless and Merry Christmas, Bulldawgs.
    Last edited by Dak Holliday; 12-23-2021 at 10:28 PM.

vCash
    Great post! I remember those times you spoke of fondly. I'm 56 and have great memories of those times growing up. Merry Christmas to all of y'all and a Happy New Year! May God Bless each of you!

HAILSTATE!

vCash
    Merry Christmas my Bulldog family!!!

vCash
    Merry Christmas Dawgs!! Let's clobber Texas Tech!

vCash
    Great post, Dak Holliday. Society gets too caught up in the commercialization of Christmas, and I sometimes wonder if we've too easily lost sight of what's truly important and why we celebrate this glorious occasion (which is NOT to finance the retailers' bottom line).

The loss you speak of has hit my family hard this year (3 people we cared so much for plus a great dog of 12 years). But through all of that loss, I still find that I gain much more joy in giving to others than when I receive, and am truly blessed that our children have been taught these values. Merry Christmas fellow Bulldogs!!!

vCash
    Outstanding Dak. Merry Christmas. And to everyone else here on the board.

vCash
    Merry Christmas & Hail State!!! Hope everybody has a safe and happy holiday.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Whether you believe in the traditional reasons for Christmas or not, one has a hard time denying the magic during this time of year. It shows up when we adults get silly, wrapping our houses in lights, wasting electricity, dressing up like Santa, and dragging a tree in from outside. The last few years have been a struggle, but there are still a few great places where you can see that magic show up on a child?s face- Canton, Columbia, and a few select neighborhoods. I wish it were more widespread, like the good old days when you couldn?t afford good gifts, so you focused on having a good time. When Santa was a spirit of giving that we all aspired to, one where you didn?t need anything, not even recognition, to appreciate the ability to help one another. Maybe we will see that make a comeback soon.
    I hope that each of you has a safe and happy holiday season. If you find yourself missing someone, I hope that pleasant memories rekindle good feelings rather than lonelinesses. God bless and Merry Christmas, Bulldawgs.
    Awesome.

vCash
    Merry Christmas ���� my dawgs! Been a fun few days, getting to shoot steel, burn fires, tell stories, just being with family. Hope you all are safe, healthy, warm, and have a great Christmas! Much love!

vCash
    Merry Christmas to All!

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Don't celebrate Christmas if you don't believe in the "traditional reasons" for it. It's not your holiday.

vCash
    Merry Christmas. May the Peace of God be with you and your family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    Don't celebrate Christmas if you don't believe in the "traditional reasons" for it. It's not your holiday.
    Merry Christmas Arrow. Good to hear from you.

vCash
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Make sure that you don't miss Christ this Christmas and understand why He came!
    • He didn't come just so you could feel better!
    • He didn't come just so you could be inspired!
    • He came to deal with sin and to provide salvation!
    • He came to deal with sin in our lives so that we could be saved!
    • He came to deal with sin in our lives, that we could have fellowship with Him!
    And if you don't understand that's why He came…
    Then you will miss Christ in your Christmas…..because Jesus will not be there!

No greater news has ever been delivered to all mankind!
    Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. Luke 2:10

Go Dawgz!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    Merry Christmas to all!
    • He came to deal with sin in our lives, that we could have fellowship with Him!

Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. Luke 2:10

Go Dawgz!
    Amen

vCash
    Christmas to me.... will always be getting together with extended family and seeing people that I haven't seen in months or maybe a year. It was grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins and a delicious meal of ham/turkey, dressing and all the fixings. Church programs and choir concerts.

As an adult, I enjoy dragging my kids to those Church programs, cooking, seeing family and being Santa myself.

Merry Christmas Bulldogs!

Banned
    vCash
    Merry Christmas to all!

Go Dawgz!
    Awesome. I love how God's Word explains how Love and Truth are one. We are Blessed.

vCash
    Merry Christmas to all! God bless to all! Hailstate to all!! Hope everyone has a blessed day and the birth of our Savior touches each persons lives in its own special way!! With Christ joy can be found in any situation, no matter how bleak the situation may be. Love you all(even through some heated debates)!!!!

vCash
    Merry Christmas to all!

Go Dawgz!
    Great post. This is Christmas. All else will return to dust. In the end, this is all that will matter.

Merry Christmas all!

vCash
    Without Jesus being born of a virgin and giving his life, for our sins there would be no: Christ in us, the hope of glory.

Merry Christmas to ALL!