by 21 tonight to improve to 9-3. Gonna be a good year in hoops

**** Stands
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Going to be a long year with Howland!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawsonmsu View Post
    Going to be a long year with Howland!
    Let's fire him! I bet Rick Ray is available!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

**** Stands
    17 our former coach or his son on our roster?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

**** Stands
    Hate much? Definition of 'obsession!'

vCash
    The Stansbury phenomenon of hope will never ever die, hope for basketball glory and he sold it so well. He was so close and almost had it too until it was killed in Birmingham by the Butler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    The Stansbury phenomenon of hope will never ever die, hope for basketball glory and he sold it so well. He was so close and almost had it too until it was killed in Birmingham by the Butler.
    Nah, Xavier's the one that truly killed it. And Texas before that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Nah, Xavier's the one that truly killed it. And Texas before that.
    Had to run into the hottest team in the country

vCash
    It amazes me that some cannot support Howland and also not have the F Stans mindset.
    Why anybody would hate Stans is beyond me. He took us to 6 ncaa tournaments in 14 seasons. He was flawed no doubt, but nobody else has come close to what he did.

Hope Howland can get it going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It amazes me that some cannot support Howland and also not have the F Stans mindset.
    Why anybody would hate Stans is beyond me. He took us to 6 ncaa tournaments in 14 seasons. He was flawed no doubt, but nobody else has come close to what he did.

Much like the group that, deep down want Leach to lose just so they can say "told ya so".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

With C34 it's comical at this point. A decade after he told us anyone could do better than Stans, we're still waiting on better. It's a constant reminder to him that he knows less about basketball than he does coffee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Much like the group that, deep down want Leach to lose just so they can say "told ya so".
    I've seen this mantra so much before and I don't believe anyone here wants Leach to fail ... it's a fallacy
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    9-3 going into conference play
    I was hoping for 10-2.. still have a chance for a huge non conference win at Texas Tech
    Hopefully we get Tolu back to almost full strength before league play.. he is a huge difference on the offensive side of the ball
    BPI is 20 which is very strong going into league play which will be one of the toughest in the country. Road loses to upper tier SEC teams teams won’t hurt , just have to win a few road games and take care of business at home ( esp against the weaker teams )

The best thing about our schedule is the final 5 games. It sets up great for us to finish strong and be hot going into the SEC tourney .. which is always a good thing for the committee

Game 1 against arky is very big.. need it

Bottom line wether you like CBH or not , get to the ****ing games if you are season ticket holders..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 12-22-2021 at 10:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I've seen this mantra so much before and I don't believe anyone here wants Leach to fail ... it's a fallacy
    Ha! You underestimate the desire for keyboard heroes to be correct. Sure, they'll hop on the wagon as soon as Leach is winning, but they'll be first in line, to tell you they "called it" when he loses. Or, they'll go from 80 posts when we lose to 2 posts when we win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Ha! You underestimate the desire for keyboard heroes to be correct. Sure, they'll hop on the wagon as soon as Leach is winning, but they'll be first in line, to tell you they "called it" when he loses. Or, they'll go from 80 posts when we lose to 2 posts when we win.
    Exactly!

vCash
    People who want to have this Stansbury debate don?t understand the reason he was fired. His actual performance was not the reason. He was fired because he lost control of his team and began having a lot of off court issues and discipline problems. It?s similar to the main reason Moorhead was fired. Sometimes you can assemble enough talent to win but if you can?t control the team it becomes a problem. Like Moorhead, Stansbury generally won games because he our talented his opponents. That?s why we always beat Ole Miss. We had to let Stansbury ?retire? because the program had got so bad from a discipline standpoint. Then Strickland made the biggest WTF hire in state history

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    9-3 going into conference play
    I was hoping for 10-2.. still have a chance for a huge non conference win at Texas Tech
    Hopefully we get Tolu back to almost full strength before league play.. he is a huge difference on the offensive side of the ball
    BPI is 20 which is very strong going into league play which will be one of the toughest in the country. Road loses to upper tier SEC teams teams won?t hurt , just have to win a few road games and take care of business at home ( esp against the weaker teams )

The best thing about our schedule is the final 5 games. It sets up great for us to finish strong and be hot going into the SEC tourney .. which is always a good thing for the committee

Game 1 against arky is very big.. need it

Bottom line wether you like CBH or not , get to the ****ing games if you are season ticket holders..
    I don?t think anyone thought Minnesota or Colorado St were going to be as good as they are. And some of the teams we have beaten have knocked off some decent teams. Basketball is hard to tell early in the season. I just look for consistency, improvement and team chemistry in the OOC schedule. Maybe that comeback Friday was the glue that made this team Gel.

Arkansas is definitely beatable to open up.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I don?t think anyone thought Minnesota or Colorado St were going to be as good as they are. And some of the teams we have beaten have knocked off some decent teams. Basketball is hard to tell early in the season. I just look for consistency, improvement and team chemistry in the OOC schedule. Maybe that comeback Friday was the glue that made this team Gel.

Arkansas is definitely beatable to open up.
    Would love to beat pig by 20 with last 2nd backboard shattering dunk spraying glass chunks all over the heads of pig defenders.

vCash
    Would love to beat pig by 20 with last 2nd backboard shattering dunk spraying glass chunks all over the heads of pig defenders.

Maybe I can come back after the game and say:

Whooped again didn't we Josey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    A decade after he told us anyone could do better than Stans, we're still waiting on better. It's a constant reminder to him that he knows less about basketball than he does coffee.
    And here we go- never said "anybody could do better." Not one time. The cheerleader's hiring of Ray and not giving people like Kermit or some others a chance still remains mind-googling. Not to mention Stands' completely letting the program rot from within that we had to gut the roster. Ray's hiring alienated boosters that helped us attain talent under Stands- causing recruiting to drop. The Cheerleader killed the program temporarily.

Now let's look at the SEC. We no longer get the advantage of playing an average to weak West schedule 2 games each anymore as we did under Stands. We play an 18 game schedule that has the tougher East teams on it multiple times per season now.

Now- we have Ben Howland- who had to spend a couple of seasons adding talent we were devoid of when he was hired. We are about to make the NCAA Tourney for the 2nd time in 6 seasons- (remember Q-King pointed out 2020 doesnt count) which is better than Stands did his last 6 seasons in StarkVegas. Stands only made 2 NCAA's his last 7 years in StarkVegas.

So yes- when Howland punches his ticket in March- we will be doing better than Stands. 2/6 > 2/7
    Last edited by Coach34; 12-22-2021 at 05:54 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is