Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MS QB U

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Y'all need to throw Jackie Parker in there with Dak. 3 Grey Cups, 3 CFL MVPs, CFL HOF, Canadas National Hall of Fame. They even have an award named for him in the CFL.
    Hal Chelander--played for the Vikings---a back up at State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Hal Chelander--played for the Vikings---a back up at State
    Played in the league but couldn?t start for us. Well, if that ain?t something.😂😂😂

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Played in the league but couldn?t start for us. Well, if that ain?t something.������
    he was on the team when we ran the wishbone--he was a slow ass pocket passer... some of y'all might need to brush up on MSU history.

vCash
    OM actually had a number of pretty darn good QBs back in the '50s and '60'...google them. Im too lazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    OM actually had a number of pretty darn good QBs back in the '50s and '60'...google them. Im too lazy.
    Jake Gibbs--Eagle Day--Doug Elmore-Glyn Griffin- Perry Lee Dunn-- these are a few. we had --Tommy Pharr (all sec) Joe Reed (played for 49ers and Lions and had a country album)-

vCash
    Jake Gibbs--Eagle Day--Doug Elmore-Glyn Griffin- Perry Lee Dunn-- these are a few. we had --Tommy Pharr (all sec) Joe Reed (played for 49ers and Lions and had a country album)-
    TC, I will admit freely that I almost always have to google most anything MSU/OM/sports pre 1980. That?s why I like threads like these and posters like you to help me and others brush up on our MSU history.
    😂 I should have just asked you to lay it out. You are quite the historian, and for now, I guess rankings will be-
    1. OM
    2. USM
    3. MSU
    4. Alcorn
    BUT, as we have a QB that released a country album, that has to be worth something.

vCash
    Well, OM had a QB who turned into a songwrite. He wrote "Midnight Train to Georgia" and that's a damn fine one...thx

vCash
    TC, I will admit freely that I almost always have to google most anything MSU/OM/sports pre 1980. That?s why I like threads like these and posters like you to help me and others brush up on our MSU history.
    �� I should have just asked you to lay it out. You are quite the historian, and for now, I guess rankings will be-
    1. OM
    2. USM
    3. MSU
    4. Alcorn
    BUT, as we have a QB that released a country album, that has to be worth something.
    That’s because I’m old.. didn’t mention Rockey winning player of the year in the SEC. Or Don Smith or My favorite QB John Bond. How about the QB that won more games than any other MSU QB WAyne Madkin.

vCash
    That?s because I?m old.. didn?t mention Rockey winning player of the year in the SEC. Or Don Smith or My favorite QB John Bond. How about the QB that won more games than any other MSU QB WAyne Madkin.
    I think College QB play is very subjective, so I was looking for Mississippi College QBs that played in the professional leagues, mainly NFL.
    Those are very good QBs for us though. Personally, I think Madkin might be the most under appreciated Dawg of all time.
    Last edited by Dak Holliday; 12-21-2021 at 08:43 PM.

vCash
    I think College QB play is very subjective, so I was looking for Mississippi College QBs that played in the professional leagues, mainly NFL.
    Those are very good QBs for us though. Personally, I think Madkin might be the most under appreciated Dawg of all time.
    Don Smith played in NFL just not QB.. also Bruce Threadgill played for the 49ers---just not QB

Banned
    vCash
    Don Smith played in NFL just not QB.. also Bruce Threadgill played for the 49ers---just not QB
    Didn't Don Smith record a SB TD?

Mississippi has an awesome collection of athletes, musicians & authors. Unsurpassed from a percentage standpoint IMO.

vCash
    Gibbs finished third in Heisman voting

vCash
    i give you Joe Reed--49er QB

https://youtu.be/NTYgrR1bSto