Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Collegiate Baseball Preseason Poll released today........Dogs start off 9th......

vCash
    Happy with this ranking. It's a long season and the team has no reason to worry about anyone in the nation

Arkansas is way too low, they are Top-5, this poll inverted Arkansas and LSU

vCash
    The only thing right about this poll is that UM isn?t grossly overrated like they are every year.

vCash
    We should be top 5 and maybe top 3. Having said that, screw it. Let's win the whole thing ahain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    The only thing right about this poll is that UM isn?t grossly overrated like they are every year.
    Thats cause this isnt a D1 Baseball poll.... They will top 10 in their rankings and I bet we are top 5 in theirs.

Texas is a legit #1. They didnt loose much at all if i remember correctly.

LSU is banking on playing gorilla ball this year. After all their transfers from Arizona, their line up will be hell to deal with.

Arkansas is going to be really good as usual.

I think Vandy takes step back. They lost alot of pitching, but they usually reload at that position. I still think they take a step back though....

Florida is Florida. They could be damn good or damn bad like last year.

Ole Miss will be able to hit again, but can they find any resemblence of pitching to keep other people from scoring 10 on them...

vCash
    Interestingly enough, this is exactly where we were ranked in their preseason poll last year. I will take it.

vCash
    I don't think 9th is ridiculously low, if I were an outside observer, I would see that MSU needs to replace the Top-3 starters, a clutch team leader like Rowdey, and the MSU GOAT. Plus, for an outsider, ranking the National Champs #1 seems boring and low energy.

Texas is a legit #1. They didnt loose much at all if i remember correctly. They lost Madden and the Unhittable Quintania that Leggett Hit, they probably got great quality behind those guys

LSU is banking on playing gorilla ball this year. After all their transfers from Arizona, their line up will be hell to deal with. They have multiple Golden Spikes sluggers like the transfers and Dylan Crews

Arkansas is going to be really good as usual. Their Freshman class might be Top-10 without all the other good players they already had, three MLB Top-200 prospects

I think Vandy takes step back. They lost alot of pitching, but they usually reload at that position. I still think they take a step back though.... I hope we start signing a pipeline of good MLB daddy boys, they even signed Andrew Jones' son for 2022

Florida is Florida. They could be damn good or damn bad like last year. They have 2 or 3 players that are supposed to be 1st rounders

Ole Miss will be able to hit again, but can they find any resemblence of pitching to keep other people from scoring 10 on them They will have a bunch of 24 and 25 year olds next season that MLB did not want, surely they will find some pitchers
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 12-21-2021 at 02:52 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I don't think 9th is ridiculously low, if I were an outside observer, I would see that MSU needs to replace the Top-3 starters, a clutch team leader like Rowdey, and the MSU GOAT. Plus, for an outsider, ranking the National Champs #1 seems boring and low energy.

Texas is a legit #1. They didnt loose much at all if i remember correctly. They lost Madden and the Unhittable Quintania that Leggett Hit, they probably got great quality behind those guys

LSU is banking on playing gorilla ball this year. After all their transfers from Arizona, their line up will be hell to deal with. They have multiple Golden Spikes sluggers like the transfers and Dylan Crews

Arkansas is going to be really good as usual. Their Freshman class might be Top-10 without all the other good players they already had, three MLB Top-200 prospects

I think Vandy takes step back. They lost alot of pitching, but they usually reload at that position. I still think they take a step back though.... I hope we start signing a pipeline of good MLB daddy boys, they even signed Andrew Jones' son for 2022

Florida is Florida. They could be damn good or damn bad like last year. They have 2 or 3 players that are supposed to be 1st rounders

Ole Miss will be able to hit again, but can they find any resemblence of pitching to keep other people from scoring 10 on them They will have a bunch of 24 and 25 year olds next season that MLB did not want, surely they will find some pitchers
    I agree on us.

Seems we got plenty of respect

vCash
    Where is Tennessee? LMAO

Banned
    vCash
    Pre-Season baseball rankings are prolly the least important in college sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Pre-Season baseball rankings are prolly the least important in college sports.
    Rankings in basketball and baseball are worthless. Who gives a crap? Both have a true tourney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    I?ll say this. Of course, I could be way off base. After watching Coach Lemonis? specifically last year and his recruiting, I?ve got an answer to a widely held sentiment. No one will ever do what Skip Bertman did again. ?Oh yeah, watch this shit?.

If there is ANY team in the country that can even get close, it?s us.

Yes. I understand times are very different. Still, deep in your maroon soul you KNOW a sleeping giant has been awakened.
    We have a home field advantage like none other in college baseball. If we can consistently set ourselves up for hosting regionals, then getting to Omaha can be a regular occurrence. It already is these last few years. Getting there frequently obviously gives us a chance to do the very thing you're talking about.

vCash
    I understand LSU will have the best line-up in the country- but they have more pitching questions than anybody. 3rd is pretty ambitious
    Texas should be the preseason choice-agree there.
    Got to put Vandy Top 5 with their talent level.
    Ok State and ECU ahead of us? GTFO

I'd put us at 5 to start the year. If the pitching roles settle fairly early- then we'll be top 5 pretty quick. If those roles remain a question into April, then we'll be a 12-16 team

Got to figure with The Animal on Friday and likely Cade on Saturday- finding the answer on Sunday shouldnt be too tough. Who gonna close?

The middle of our line-up is going to be stout. James, Tanner, Clark, Cumbest. Maybe bat Hancock 2nd. Foreskin 9th
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Arkansas at 20? Who was in charge of this poll? Sheesh.
    I guess since damn near half their wins came from one pitcher is how this is weighted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I understand LSU will have the best line-up in the country- but they have more pitching questions than anybody. 3rd is pretty ambitious
    Texas should be the preseason choice-agree there.
    Got to put Vandy Top 5 with their talent level.
    Ok State and ECU ahead of us? GTFO

I'd put us at 5 to start the year. If the pitching roles settle fairly early- then we'll be top 5 pretty quick. If those roles remain a question into April, then we'll be a 12-16 team

Got to figure with The Animal on Friday and likely Cade on Saturday- finding the answer on Sunday shouldnt be too tough. Who gonna close?

The middle of our line-up is going to be stout. James, Tanner, Clark, Cumbest. Maybe bat Hancock 2nd. Foreskin 9th
    Does Fristoe pitch like he did early? That is your Sunday guy and that is a top half of the SEC starting lineup at least.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I guess since damn near half their wins came from one pitcher is how this is weighted.
    Yea but they bettern 20.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Where is Tennessee? LMAO
    Practicing flipping bats and talking shit in an empty stadium.**

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Practicing flipping bats and talking shit in an empty stadium.**
    Not Bad.

vCash
    Closer is a big question mark. We've gotten used to some lock down closers. Not sure we have that this year. Walling has the stuff but he's Luke Nanoosh last I could tell.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Closer is a big question mark. We've gotten used to some lock down closers. Not sure we have that this year. Walling has the stuff but he's Luke Nanoosh last I could tell.
    Worst case we've still got Preston Johnson - he gave us some key lock down innings last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Fristoe could actually be in the running for that. I'm curious to see what we do with him.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is