Thread: Spoil or not to spoil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    I think the more concerning issue is the amount of grown men these days that are obsessed with comic books and super heroes.
    Why is it concerning that the generations who grew up with very few real life good role models in the public media compared to their forefathers (basically Vietnam forwards) have decided to look to idealistic works of fiction to put on a pedestal rather than idolize terrible people? What reason do you have to hate on what people enjoy as escapism from an increasingly bleak world?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Why is it concerning that the generations who grew up with very few real life good role models in the public media compared to their forefathers (basically Vietnam forwards) have decided to look to idealistic works of fiction to put on a pedestal rather than idolize terrible people? What reason do you have to hate on what people enjoy as escapism from an increasingly bleak world?
    It is fantasy, it is no where even related to real world heroes! This is OK for a child but for an adult, I would hope they have moved on from childish things and are more rooted in reality! If not, it explains a lot about the world we live in.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    It is fantasy, it is no where even related to real world heroes! This is OK for a child but for an adult, I would hope they have moved on from childish things and are more rooted in reality! If not, it explains a lot about the world we live in.
    Fantastical stories of Magic, Superhuman Strength, Insect Control, Zombies, and the ilk have helped shape this country into what it is today... so I'll concede you're right, this time.

vCash
    Fantastical stories of Magic, Superhuman Strength, Insect Control, Zombies, and the ilk have helped shape this country into what it is today... so I'll concede you're right, this time.
    Thanks and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year! Go Dawgs!

vCash
    One of the most uneducated opinions I’ve ever read on here. Congrats!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    One of the most uneducated opinions I’ve ever read on here. Congrats!
    You're welcome! I will keep my heroes based on reality instead of the ones some nut job created in his demented mind because he needed something other to hope for than Jesus Christ!

Banned
    vCash
    You're welcome! I will keep my heroes based on reality instead of the ones some nut job created in his demented mind because he needed something other to hope for than Jesus Christ!
    Jesus Christ is fantasy, it is no where even related to real world heroes! This is OK for a child but for an adult, I would hope they have moved on from childish things and are more rooted in reality! If not, it explains a lot about the world we live in.

Banned
    vCash
    Jesus Christ is fantasy, it is no where even related to real world heroes! This is OK for a child but for an adult, I would hope they have moved on from childish things and are more rooted in reality! If not, it explains a lot about the world we live in.
    Prayers Sent.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Prayers Sent.
    lol. Dude wants to talk about how comic books are fake but promote a book about a zombie with superhuman strength to move boulders and magic illusion spells to change water into blood while also having mystic healing powers. Just have some self-awareness. The story of Spider-Man has way less hoops to jump through to be believable than the Bible.

vCash
    Jesus Christ is a fantasy?

vCash
    Unless you have had a personal experience with God, I have fortunately, you have no basis from which to even form a valid response. I will send prayers also!

Banned
    vCash
    Unless you have had a personal experience with God, I have fortunately, you have no basis from which to even form a valid response. I will send prayers also!
    I'm going to draw from things taught at this university we all support as I took religion courses while I was in school because the philosophy behind it is quite interesting to delve into with higher learning.

Your post strikes a strong resemblance to a writing by Anselm that we dissected in class talking about Spiritual Rapture. How it is an impossible task to describe what one has experienced with an other-worldly being. As it states, you can NOT describe your interaction to another worldly being because you could only use worldly descriptions and if you were able to accurately describe it, then it would stand that your experience was in fact NOT other-worldly as it could be reproduced by worldly descriptions and means. So how then, outside of your word, do we prove that what you experienced is indeed true? Well then I have to experience it for myself, right? You see how that's simply a joke and will not fly in true debate? The point being, you're full of shit and your argument is too. You have no basis with which to use "I have had a personal experience with God" in an argument and be taken seriously. Especially when the argument was me simply believing the Bible at face value and describing what is written occurred in "comic book" terms.

Jesus rose from the dead? So he's a zombie.
    Jesus moved a giant boulder containing his tomb? So he's got super strength like Super-Man.
    Jesus used mystical illusion spells? So he's a sorcerer like Doctor Strange.

You're making fun of this comic book medium by calling it fantasy, but in doing so you are spitting in the face of the Bible and Jesus Christ. @Catfish, this is what my post was referencing. I simply changed one word to reflect how he truly feels about God.

The defense rests.

vCash
    Tater you need help man. Jesus Christ.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    Tater you need help man. Jesus Christ.
    Help for what? Pretty clear I'm not the one committing doublethink. So I don't need help from being delusional, that's the other guy. Help with my argument? I made it pretty structured and straightforward. That's what a good Mississippi State education can do for you. Unlike some bad actors on this board wanting to sow discontent, I don't need help. Help the guy who hates on fantastical stories yet cannot accept the same exact criticism being applied to one book without him devolving into ad hominem attacks.

Certain people clearly just wait their turn to yell their piece and lack the ability to process in any information someone presents to them. It's made internet forums a wasteland filled of stupidity.