Thread: Texas Tech

vCash

Texas Tech

Looking at the ESPN App, it shows us a 9 point favorite. I must admit, looking at their statistical leaders on offense, I?m shocked that they?ve generated enough offense to win 6 games. Do they have bowl opt outs, or are they fairly stout on defense? The QB has barely thrown for 1200 yds and the lead rusher has less than 500 yds.

vCash
    They played Kansas St, Iowa St, and Baylor tough. We should win, but it could be close.

vCash
    We're better than them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We're better than them
    Way better!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We're better than them
    They have a brand new coaching staff and several players are in the portal. Losing to them would be a huge embarrassment.

I think we blow their doors off.

vCash
    Are the portal players offensive starters?

vCash
    I remember people saying how much better we were than some other teams this year.

I certainly hope we win this thing.

vCash
    Our RT is suspect. Arguably the best LT in the nation is not playing for us this game which honestly that in and of itself could cost us the game. Has anyone heard whether or not Emerson is playing? That will hurt us a lot too. This game has the makings of being a lot tougher than some of us are thinking. Hate to bring back the topic of players leaving early since that was in another thread but it seems we're pretty divided on whether it's right or wrong but those that think that our best players opting out of the bowl game isn't a big deal shouldn't be too upset if we have a tough game on our hands or even lose.

vCash
    Good post!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Our RT is suspect. Arguably the best LT in the nation is not playing for us this game which honestly that in and of itself could cost us the game. Has anyone heard whether or not Emerson is playing? That will hurt us a lot too. This game has the makings of being a lot tougher than some of us are thinking. Hate to bring back the topic of players leaving early since that was in another thread but it seems we're pretty divided on whether it's right or wrong but those that think that our best players opting out of the bowl game isn't a big deal shouldn't be too upset if we have a tough game on our hands or even lose.
    I think Nick Jones will be Ok at LT and I think Decamarion Richardson will be fine playing for Emerson. I'm actually OK with it because I want to see how they do. More fear of the unknown for us fans than anything else.

vCash
    I figure they'll beat our ass until about 8 minutes left then we'll come back and win.

vCash
    Liberty Bowl weather could be an issue, but as of now it doesn't look that way. 63 high 51 low mainly cloudy with 10-20 mph winds that'll probably die down around kickoff. I've seen Liberty Bowls that are 80 with severe thunderstorms and others that are 25 with bone chilling winds. Another post talked about them playing Iowa State, Kansas State, and Baylor(starting a frosh QB for his 1st start) tough. Well, they also gave up 70 to Texas, 52 to TCU, and only beat Stephen F. Austin by 6. Barring awful weather I look for us to cover easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I figure they'll beat our ass until about 8 minutes left then we'll come back and win.
    This seems more real than I?d like (and it has absolutely nothing to do with TT) I hope you?re right about the win, but wrong about the 52 minutes of anxiety.
    Last edited by Dak Holliday; 12-20-2021 at 09:47 AM.

vCash
    I think their starting QB has been out hurt and that's why the numbers are so low. I think that's what I heard.

vCash
    Getting a little excited about TT. Need to finish this year with a big win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDawg View Post
    I remember people saying how much better we were than some other teams this year.
    Melt...

What an embarrassing debacle. Players out, etc. - yes, I know. But the players that were there missed multiple tackles, failed to catch passes in the numbers, and had excruciatingly bad performances on special teams.

We rarely perform well when favored. We perform best when disrespected. The more astounding the predictions of victory, the huge margins, etc., the more I doubt it will actually happen. Our team(s) historically do not know how to handle positive expectations. It is disappointingly rare.

And whatever the scores, we now have two bowl games in a row with video of our players "getting chippy." I don't care what the other players say, our players should let their performance do the talking.

Hail State! Maybe Howland will push through somehow to tide us over until baseball. (***)

/melt

vCash
    Magic, you called it. Please tell me that you were advised by using a magic 8 ball.