Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WBB loses to Troy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    How much responsibility does our AD bear for this incredible regression? Seems to beg the question and I?m a Cohen supporter.
    IF the story posted here is true (which I'm still pretty skeptical of), his hands were tied and he had no choice. No AD in America would allow coaches to have relationships with players and keep their jobs. In fact, Cohen was extremely gracious for not revealing this information publicly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    That a way to give them a good tongue lashing.
    Reading these comments, someone on our team received a mighty good tongue lashing...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Reading these comments, someone on our team received a mighty good tongue lashing...
    I laughed way too hard at this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    IF the story posted here is true (which I'm still pretty skeptical of), his hands were tied and he had no choice. No AD in America would allow coaches to have relationships with players and keep their jobs. In fact, Cohen was extremely gracious for not revealing this information publicly.
    You can be skeptical but some type of issue/scandal close to Schaefer or his family has been implied by multiple posters since the day we found out he was leaving for Texas. Nothing new with this other than some folks seemingly willing to give away more detail than in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    With all respect, just not going to perpetuate the conversation with a context of hypothetical happenings and innuendo.

vCash
    With all respect, just not going to perpetuate the conversation with a context of hypothetical happenings and innuendo.
    I bet you think Richard Williams just decided to retire also huh? I mean- there wasn’t a Clarion-Ledger story about anything else. Just hypothetical happenings and innuendo. Wimp Sanderson also
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I bet you think Richard Williams just decided to retire also huh? I mean- there wasn’t a Clarion-Ledger story about anything else. Just hypothetical happenings and innuendo. Wimp Sanderson also
    The unbeaten, untied, undisputed champion of the world seems to have its way with MSU coaches of all kinds.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I bet you think Richard Williams just decided to retire also huh? I mean- there wasn?t a Clarion-Ledger story about anything else. Just hypothetical happenings and innuendo. Wimp Sanderson also
    Well, again, with all respect Coach, those historical events are equally irrelevant to the current state of our women?s basketball program.

vCash
    WTF did the offer Vic to take him away? I'm sure we emptied the bank on him.

vCash
    What's the point of keeping it tight lipped now? Lol. He's not coming back

vCash
    There were consequences. Vic was told to replace the person or leave town. Vic left town.
    Wait a second. It has been pretty widely reported he was offered basically a match of the amount offered by Texas to stay. Is that incorrect or are you saying he was told he could get more money but he had to get rid of his assistant?

vCash
    Well, again, with all respect Coach, those historical events are equally irrelevant to the current state of our women?s basketball program.
    Our team has obviously gone down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    Wait a second. It has been pretty widely reported he was offered basically a match of the amount offered by Texas to stay. Is that incorrect or are you saying he was told he could get more money but he had to get rid of his assistant?
    I’m saying that I was told all that was bunk and Vic was told to make a change or find another job. He chose to find another job.

If you want to cover up a possible scandle- saying he’s going home and we tried our best to keep him is an easy to do it. Outback didn’t transfer to Texas did she?
    Last edited by Coach34; 12-19-2021 at 11:24 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I guess people's favorite song is down under- men at work. But not necessarily men

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    I guess people's favorite song is down under- men at work. But not necessarily men
    It's bad when a coach gets called out on the carpet.

vCash
    In today's world, you have to be cautions posting things you know or hear. The story behind Vic's departure is touchy, when family comes first you do whatever you can to protect and defend all.
    I'm sure his departure wasn't easy for all involved, which was family and Msu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's bad when a coach gets called out on the carpet.
    But she likes to be on the hardwood court.

vCash
    Good gracious. I may have to start reading all the threads. I?d never have looked at this one if it hadn?t kept popping up at the top. I guess one never knows what a dawg might drag up.

vCash
    I?m saying that I was told all that was bunk and Vic was told to make a change or find another job. He chose to find another job.
    If you are implying that we would have fired Vic if he refused to make a staff change or leave on his own then I'm not buying it. People would have demanded Cohen's head on a platter, Vic was untouchable when he was here.

I have no idea if there was any kind of scandal or not, I have heard all kind of wild rumors and theories about why Vic left. I think people have had a hard time rationalizing the move when in reality it may be pretty straight forward. Texas is simply a better job. They are a program who has had success under multiple coaches and who has a significantly higher floor as a program than we have. It took him one season to get them to the Elite 8. Meanwhile, he walked out the door and our program immediately fell off a cliff.

Now if there was some kind of scandal as well, that is another matter entirely and I have no inside knowledge on any of that. But a move from Mississippi State to Texas is one that can be pretty easily justified without a scandal.
    Last edited by Captain Falcon; 12-20-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    In C34 defense Vic had more than just those 3 coaches on staff...
    it?s ok the local Starkville WBK faithful can now go to volleyball games or just complain about the men?s program
    Ari, the fine people of Starkville have ALWAYS loved women's volleyball. They just play a more fundamental game than men's volleyball and it's much more enjoyable. *

Male volleyball players just play street (volley)ball and never hustle. *