Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WBB loses to Troy

vCash

WBB loses to Troy

Bad loss, probably the worst since the pre-Vic days.

Last year, our worst loss was LSU, who had a NET of 66. I doubt Troy ends up in the top 100, but they might land in the top 200.

It doesn't totally kill our chances of making the Tournament yet, but it's going to take a strong run in the SEC.

vCash
    This team isn't making the tournament. That ended any shot when Jessica Carter punched that person....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This team isn't making the tournament. That ended any shot when Jessica Carter punched that person....
    You do know she's out because of mental illness issues right?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Thanks. Beat me to it but he prolly didn't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I heard that. I also know she punched someone in July and wasn't going to play.... so there's that... I'm not saying she doesn't have mental illness. What I AM saying is she punched the shit out of someone and was never playing this year.

vCash
    Meh, honestly at this point the life has been sucked outta the fan base regarding WBB.......NMP sucked the life outta this program and interest dropped quicker than Bill Clinton's pants in an Arkansas trailer park......
    Last edited by Saltydog; 12-18-2021 at 06:36 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Agree, I wouldn't stress out over the loss relative to the NCAA tourney because this team isn't making the NCAA tourney anyway.

vCash
    Our WBB program ended March 2020.

vCash
    This team needs a coach.

vCash
    I genuinely feel bad for the interim. He seems like a good guy and would probably grow into a good coach but was put into an almost unwinnable situation from the jump.

vCash
    Well- when an asst coach sleeps with a player- it tends to kill your program. Then we made a bad hire. It is what it is.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Wait, what? There?s some big time rumor mill I?ve not heard before. On Vic?s staff?

But yeah this year was gonna be rough even with Carter and then tonight you didn?t have the food Hayes sister and sounded like we stole Howland?s playbook and just chunked up 3s.

Amazing how quick we went from a top 3 sec program to the bottom though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well- when an asst coach sleeps with a player- it tends to kill your program. Then we made a bad hire. It is what it is.
    It put Vic in a bad situation, one that he didn't want to make but has turned out ok for he and family I suppose.

vCash
    Well- when an asst coach sleeps with a player- it tends to kill your program.
    It is probably not that uncommon in womens sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    It is probably not that uncommon in womens sports.
    It's why LSU women's basketball program went downhill in the 2000s. Except it was the head coach.

vCash
    Assistant coaches in 2020:

Johnnie Harris - now head coach at Auburn
    Dionnah Jackson-Durrett - on Vic's staff at Texas
    Elena Lovato - not sure where she is now, but Vic took her with him to Texas for last season

If your story were true, it would be a career ender, but none of our assistant coaches from that year had their careers ended?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post

Elena Lovato - not sure where she is now, but Vic took her with him to Texas for last season

If your story were true, it would be a career ender, but none of our assistant coaches from that year had their careers ended?
    Family matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post

In C34 defense Vic had more than just those 3 coaches on staff...
    it’s ok the local Starkville WBK faithful can now go to volleyball games or just complain about the men’s program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Family matters.
    Yep
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Family matters.
    Yep
    I think I pick up on what you're implying, but I don't think I'm buying it in the 2020s.

Not that it wouldn't be a believable thing to happen, given the age difference and recently changed circumstances, just that it would go without consequence.

Remember how the shit hit the fan in the pre-#MeToo era for Pat Summit's son, and to this day he still can't have any involvement with basketball.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 12-19-2021 at 12:20 PM.