Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
If you are implying that we would have fired Vic if he refused to make a staff change or leave on his own then I'm not buying it. People would have demanded Cohen's head on a platter, Vic was untouchable when he was here.

I have no idea if there was any kind of scandal or not, I have heard all kind of wild rumors and theories about why Vic left. I think people have had a hard time rationalizing the move when in reality it may be pretty straight forward. Texas is simply a better job. They are a program who has had success under multiple coaches and who has a significantly higher floor as a program than we have. It took him one season to get them to the Elite 8. Meanwhile, he walked out the door and our program immediately fell off a cliff.

Now if there was some kind of scandal as well, that is another matter entirely and I have no inside knowledge on any of that. But a move from Mississippi State to Texas is one that can be pretty easily justified without a scandal.
Play with scissors, you're going to get cut. The school had to shut that down lickity split! We handled it behind the curtains. It might seem fishy to you, but sometimes you have to lick these things before the rumors spread.