Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Please stop testing athletes for Covid

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The virus was unleashed as a bioweapon against the US and Trump in a concerted effort with top Democrats in the US
    Its become a power grab by the Swamp of DC including both Dems and Reps
    Its been way overblown on purpose and numbers inflated to scare the masses
    The power grab on the virus inspired mail-in voting to steal an election.
    Trump won 16 of 17 bellweather counties in the US that always decide who the President is. Yet somehow Biden won
    New York city just passed a law to allow non-citizens to vote- which is against the Constitution.
    Soros-led companies have funded people to move foreigners into the US thru the Southern border. 170K per month now.
    Biden's Build Back Better plan focuses on election laws that turn voting over to the federal government and not the states?
    Thousands of mail-in votes in Arizona and Georgia came from the same address in 2020?

Are you awake yet?
    Several on here seem to still be afraid to walk out of their own homes because they are trusting government data. I hope this helps answer your question lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Again, just because you didn't know that vaccines are literally never 100% effective and literally never have been doesn't mean that somehow the definition was changed. It just means you didn't know. It's not a big deal - I learn new stuff all the time, but I do my best not to stick to my guns and insist the wrong thing I thought I knew was true.

There are plenty of statistics out there on there on how many people are testing positive and how that rate varies by vaccine status, and those compiled national statistics are much more valuable than your personal anecdotal experience. However, you are likely seeing Bayes Theorem in action - when two samples with different rates have different sizes, you get wonky results. In fact, I am in the same boat as you - I know exactly 0 unvaccinated people, so 100% of people I know who've gotten COVID since March have been vaccinated! And yet, I still recognize that unvaccinated people are far more likely to catch COVID than vaccinated because that's what the statistics tell us. (I also think there is some amount of skew in who actually gets a test, such as some unvaccinated people being so unconcerned with COVID that they never get tested or recorded as a case, but I don't have any way of knowing what kind of impact that has.)

As for the 75 years thing goes, Pfizer is a shady company like everyone else in Big Pharma. Glad your side of the political aisle is finally waking up to that.
    The FDA requested 75 years, not phizer. Well, at least not publicly. Phizer probably runs the fda though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Several on here seem to still be afraid to walk out of their own homes because they are trusting government data. I hope this helps answer your question lol
    I don't even know where this comes from. I wasn't afraid to "walk out of my own home" at any point of the pandemic, nor was anyone else I know or have heard of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The FDA requested 75 years, not phizer. Well, at least not publicly. Phizer probably runs the fda though
    I just Googled it to make sure, and Pfizer is behind the request. I'm glad we are all on the same anti-Big-Pharma side. #AOC2028

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Again, just because you didn't know that vaccines are literally never 100% effective and literally never have been doesn't mean that somehow the definition was changed. It just means you didn't know. It's not a big deal - I learn new stuff all the time, but I do my best not to stick to my guns and insist the wrong thing I thought I knew was true.

There are plenty of statistics out there on there on how many people are testing positive and how that rate varies by vaccine status, and those compiled national statistics are much more valuable than your personal anecdotal experience. However, you are likely seeing Bayes Theorem in action - when two samples with different rates have different sizes, you get wonky results. In fact, I am in the same boat as you - I know exactly 0 unvaccinated people, so 100% of people I know who've gotten COVID since March have been vaccinated! And yet, I still recognize that unvaccinated people are far more likely to catch COVID than vaccinated because that's what the statistics tell us. (I also think there is some amount of skew in who actually gets a test, such as some unvaccinated people being so unconcerned with COVID that they never get tested or recorded as a case, but I don't have any way of knowing what kind of impact that has.)

As for the 75 years thing goes, Pfizer is a shady company like everyone else in Big Pharma. Glad your side of the political aisle is finally waking up to that.
    I guess you thought I made that up? 😂

It?s you that doesn?t know the REAL definition of vaccine, not me. Sorry it?s not a conspiracy theory & I didn?t make it up. I agree that nothing is 100%, but I didn?t create the original definition. And it?s really odd they felt the need to change it.

Isn?t it odd that they waited until the new flu to change the definition? Please use your brain my man. They knew this shot was going to be sh*t ahead of time so they got out in front of it. It?s all corrupt & needs to be brought to it?s knees.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...254111268.html
    Last edited by 662dawg; 12-19-2021 at 12:09 AM.

vCash
    I guess you thought I made that up? ��

It?s you that doesn?t know the REAL definition of vaccine, not me. Sorry it?s not a conspiracy theory & I didn?t make it up. I agree that nothing is 100%, but I didn?t create the original definition. And it?s really odd they felt the need to change it.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...254111268.html
    So you admit I'm right and "vaccine" has never implied 100% effectiveness. Cheers!

vCash
    I just Googled it to make sure, and Pfizer is behind the request. I'm glad we are all on the same anti-Big-Pharma side. #AOC2028
    Why would the FDA give a crap what phizer wants? It's the fda's decision to cooperate or not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My personal favorite part of this whole thing is deciding that healthcare workers are heros and then firing a bunch of them a year later for not the vaccine.
    Same in manufacturing- the dudes that did not stay home or do Zoom calls for 18 months - kept food, electricity, water, and supplies moving for all of us. From Heroes to HR problems

I'm talking about some of the smartest humans on earth. Guys that can make Turbomachinery or Particle Counters work. The zoom people would be staring at blank screens in cold, dark houses and boiling creek water without these dudes.

The manufacturing leaders did not agree with this, but the government contracts are too sweet to lose. Ultimately they cannot and will not enforce in many critical sites that I know about. Easier to pretend not to notice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Why would the FDA give a crap what phizer wants? It's the fda's decision to cooperate or not
    You can read about it here if you want:
    https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gf...s%20report.pdf

Apparently (I admittedly only read a summary), Pfizer is demanding the FDA remove any "trade secrets," and there are also medical privacy concerns about individual patients. Hopefully the Courts laugh at that request and release it all.

ETA - Apparently releasing "500 pages per month" is a standard procedure in this kind of thing. The information is over 300,000 pages long. Obviously the standard procedure isn't going to work in this case.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 12-19-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    So you admit I'm right and "vaccine" has never implied 100% effectiveness. Cheers!
    I admit NOTHING is ever 100%. There?s always rare cases.

I didn?t create the original definition which states IMMUNITY. That?s not my words that was the literal definition UNTIL this new flu lol. And you don?t find that odd? 🤔

vCash
    I'm just baffled how you are somehow under the impression that if a vaccine doesn't work at 100% effectiveness it's not a "real" vaccine. How have you made it to adulthood without knowing that vaccines are never 100% effective?

You also don't seem to understand a simple concept of "It's not good enough for me to not get COVID. I don't want you to get COVID either. I love my fellow man and don't want anyone to die or suffer needlessly." I am very confident that as a healthy young person, both vaxxed and boosted, that I'm not going to die of COVID, but I still want you to get vaccinated because I care about you and don't want you to be at risk either. I will never understand the attitude of, "Oh well, people died needlessly, but it's their own fault so who cares??" I care.

There are hundreds of thousands of Americans who aren't alive today, but would be if they'd just taken the vaccine. How can your heart not break for them and their families?
    Now get on your soap box for the elimination of motor vehicles. They are by far the most deadly thing that the general population is exposed to on a daily basis. Regardless of everything else, you have a 2.88x higher mortality rate when you are in or around a motor vehicle than dying of Covid, which disproportionately affects people falling within certain parameters. There are roughly 3700 deaths/day attributed to MVAs vs 1281 deaths/day attributed to Covid by updated stats.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...te-july-1.html

These stats also do not include people maimed or injured in MVAs. Funny thing is that it can be easily argued that no one needs their own personal motor vehicle.
    How can you justify the use of your personal car if it puts even one life at risk? How can your heart not break for those that died in car accidents today and their families?

vCash
    I don't even know where this comes from. I wasn't afraid to "walk out of my own home" at any point of the pandemic, nor was anyone else I know or have heard of.
    I had IT guy neighbors that I thought moved. Then they sent in ballots to demand the neighborhood pool and tennis courts be closed. The delivery guy for the votes was an Indian guy from my company wearing double masks, face shield, and Walmart bags as gloves. "We are working from our basements."

The pool, hot tubs, and tennis courts were opened anyway. Teens resumed volleyball. South Americans resumed soccer tournaments. The COVIDians continued to stay home, life went on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Now get on your soap box for the elimination of motor vehicles. They are by far the most deadly thing that the general population is exposed to on a daily basis. Regardless of everything else, you have a 2.88x higher mortality rate when you are in or around a motor vehicle than dying of Covid, which disproportionately affects people falling within certain parameters. There are roughly 3700 deaths/day attributed to MVAs vs 1281 deaths/day attributed to Covid by updated stats.

These stats also do not include people maimed or injured in MVAs. Funny thing is that it can be easily argued that no one needs their own personal motor vehicle.
    How can you justify the use of your personal car if it puts even one life at risk? How can your heart not break for those that died in car accidents today and their families?
    Well, um, my heart does break for people who die in car accidents in their families. (Obviously, right? Does yours not or something?)

However, the analogy doesn't work because cars are essential to our society and have a lot of upside and positive benefits, while being unvaccinated has none of those things.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 12-19-2021 at 12:30 AM.

Our 500th Member
    vCash

They should also create legislation to ban cigarettes & tobacco products, alcohol use, GMO foods, etc. Those things are killing lots of people. Even second hand smoke is the cause of killing thousands & thousands of people per year.

Why stop there tho?

vCash
    Well, um, my heart does break for people who die in car accidents in their families. (Obviously, right? Does yours not or something?)

However, the analogy doesn't work because cars are essential to our society and have a lot of upside and positive benefits, while being unvaccinated has never of those things.
    No, they are not essential. In fact, one could easily support an argument that there is ZERO need for personal transportation outside of convenience. I will wait for you to create your case for the necessity of an extremely deadly item that didn?t exist for the vast majority of history.

vCash
    No, they are not essential. In fact, one could easily support an argument that there is ZERO need for personal transportation outside of convenience. I will wait for you to create your case for the necessity of an extremely deadly item that didn?t exist for the vast majority of history.
    Maybe you live in NYC or somewhere where walking or public transportation are viable options, but in Mississippi we would have to completely uproot and redesign society to go without cars.

...Aaaand I think you know that and are just trying to bait me.

vCash
    They should also create legislation to ban cigarettes & tobacco products, alcohol use, GMO foods, etc. Those things are killing lots of people. Even second hand smoke is the cause of killing thousands & thousands of people per year.

Why stop there tho?
    Exactly. This slope is extremely slippery and riddled with traps. Those willing to trade freedom for security will usually end up with neither.

vCash
    Maybe you live in NYC or somewhere where walking or public transportation are viable options, but in Mississippi we would have to completely uproot and redesign society to go without cars.

...Aaaand I think you know that and are just trying to bait me.
    Buses/trolley/bike/horse. All viable options. Inconvenient, yes, but all much safer than personal vehicles. It?s not viable to you because it would cause you too much inconvenience.
    Aaaand, I am not trying to bait you, but rather allow you the opportunity to put your hypocrisy on full display.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Buses/trolley/bike/horse. All viable options. Inconvenient, yes, but all much safer than personal vehicles. It?s not viable to you because it would cause you too much inconvenience.
    Aaaand, I am not trying to bait you, but rather allow you the opportunity to put your hypocrisy on full display.
    ON FULL DISPLAY.

Fixed it for ya. Needed to be shouted 😁

vCash
    "If you feel sad for families of people who chose not to get the vaccine and then died needlessly, but don't advocate a complete and total ban on personal cars, your hypocrisy is on full display!!!!"

ON
    FULL
    DISPLAY!!!!