Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is our next QB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Case Keenum has 19,217
    So Will got an extra 2k thanks to Covid, so he is at what, 6.3k now? He needs 13 k to pass or 4.3k a year.

That?s very very doable if he stays healthy and Leach is here for three more years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Agree. I see Graham Harrell when I see Will, which is great for us.
    Kellen Moore for me.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 12-16-2021 at 09:21 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He had a good 2nd half. He's a smart QB. He's accurate on the short stuff. I just dont see an arm that translates to throwing that bigger NFL ball.
    Based on his age, do you think the weight room and more throwing drills over the next 18 months or so or has that ship sailed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Based on his age, do you think the weight room and more throwing drills over the next 18 months or so or has that ship sailed?
    Based on watching him I think that ship has sailed.

He's like a baseball pitcher that throws 86 mph but has great control and command. Super smart. That shit can work in college- but in the pros its just not enough. We talked about comparing him to Chad Pennington of the Jets from years ago. And thats a good one. But there is no Ground and Pound in the NFL anymore with a QB that is smart and makes a few high percentage throws. Dak had a great arm but needed to learn better touch and command as he got older- you could see it. Will's command and touch is maxed out now.

But he could absolutely keep winning the job here at State for 3 more years and set all kinds of college records. You just have to wonder if one of these QB's with more upside eventually takes the job away. How will more pressure off the edges next year affect Rogers? Because thats gonna happen losing both OT's.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If we could somehow find a QB that can beat the turds from Lafayette county, then all the other guys can hit the portal.

vCash

He's like a baseball pitcher that throws 86 mph but has great control and command. Super smart. That shit can work in college- but in the pros its just not enough. We talked about comparing him to Chad Pennington of the Jets from years ago. And thats a good one. But there is no Ground and Pound in the NFL anymore with a QB that is smart and makes a few high percentage throws. Dak had a great arm but needed to learn better touch and command as he got older- you could see it. Will's command and touch is maxed out now.

But he could absolutely keep winning the job here at State for 3 more years and set all kinds of college records. You just have to wonder if one of these QB's with more upside eventually takes the job away. How will more pressure off the edges next year affect Rogers? Because thats gonna happen losing both OT's.

Also worked for Greg Maddux...and these guys (minus Cam Newton)

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/five...his%20strength.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post

This list is composed of aging QBs that had weak arms by the twilight of their careers, not the beginning. Will is a great college QB. That?s all we need him to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Case Keenum has 19,217
    Dang, I forgot that Case threw for so many.

vCash

hahahaha- all those guys have stronger arms than Rogers. And it's not close

vCash
    hahahaha- all those guys have stronger arms than Rogers. And it's not close
    Okay I'll go with the subjective argument back at ya (unless you have nexgen comparative velocity data...in which case I'd love to see it!)...no they don't. You're way too cavalier about discounting Will's arm strength without any real data besides you're friggin amateur' "eye test"

vCash
    Okay I'll go with the subjective argument back at ya (unless you have nexgen comparative velocity data...in which case I'd love to see it!)...no they don't. You're way too cavalier about discounting Will's arm strength without any real data besides you're friggin amateur' "eye test"
    I mean, to be fair is an eye test not enough? I’ve watched him throw right hash to left side and it took a year for the ball to get there and was an easy breakup. Will is perfect for our system and that’s all matters for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    I mean, to be fair is an eye test not enough? I’ve watched him throw right hash to left side and it took a year for the ball to get there and was an easy breakup. Will is perfect for our system and that’s all matters for us
    I think it's very shortsighted to be adamant about a sophomore, who just broke every school record "definitely" not being an NFL QB. Lots of professional scouts who should be out of jobs apparently

vCash
    How'd you "experts" feel about the Cowboys starting QB after his sophomore year in Starkville? Maybe velo wasn't his weak point, but he had several...accuracy, anticipation, footwork, etc.

Edited to add, apparently there were some questions about his arm strength coming out of Starkville... "Doesn?t possess the heralded ?power arm? that he was once rumored to have"

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2015/12/24/everything-you-need-to-know-about-2016-nfl-draft-prospect-dak-prescott/
    Last edited by Tripp McNeely; 12-16-2021 at 11:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Damn. How did Ty Keyes end up at USM?
    He would struggle immensely in this offense

vCash
    How'd you "experts" feel about the Cowboys starting QB after his sophomore year in Starkville? Maybe velo wasn't his weak point, but he had several...accuracy, anticipation, footwork, etc.
    Its not worth it. There's a few on this board that will consistently crap on our players and team. It is what it is.

vCash

He cant see any more pressure than he already has. That wont bother him. He has played at Bama at UGA at OM at A&M at Auburn and at Arkansas. At Kentucky. And he still has 3 more years to play.

He is the best passing QB in the history of the school, Dak never was asked nor would he have been good at what we ask Will to do. He could also go and run OMs offense and be just as good. Of course not running the ball but counting numbers and slinging it deep is all they ask. He did that for just about an entire year his SR year.

He is going to leave here better than we have ever seen and some may not like it but that is their own fault. I have seen him throw many a fade and many a post. His arm strength is fine, it is not Favre. That is why there was only one Favre. I doubt Will is ever a HOF NFL QB, but I would not doubt him. Hell all he has done is prove this board wrong every step of the way.
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 12-16-2021 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    If we could somehow find a QB that can beat the turds from Lafayette county, then all the other guys can hit the portal.
    Agree with that. And kickers who can make FGs and WRs/RBs who will catch it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Curious as to what you all think after Rogers is done here. Robertson, Greek, Locke? Someone else?
    Right now my money is on Locke or a portal QB after Will is done. Greek is going to be good but idk if he will wait his turn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He cant see any more pressure than he already has. That wont bother him. He has played at Bama at UGA at OM at A&M at Auburn and at Arkansas. At Kentucky. And he still has 3 more years to play.

He is the best passing QB in the history of the school, Dak never was asked nor would he have been good at what we ask Will to do. He could also go and run OMs offense and be just as good. Of course not running the ball but counting numbers and slinging it deep is all they ask.

He is going to leave here better than we have ever seen and some may not like it but that is their own fault. I have seen him throw many a fade and many a post. His arm strength is fine, it is not Favre. That is why there was only one Favre. I doubt Will is ever a HOF NFL QB, but I would not doubt him. Hell all he has done is prove this board wrong every step of the way.
    Great post!!

vCash
    How'd you "experts" feel about the Cowboys starting QB after his sophomore year in Starkville? /
    The guy I said would be our the best QB we have ever had? The guy that blew up in the Liberty and led me to predict we would play Bama for the West title in 2014?

Yeahhhhhhh, you gonna have to try again.

Will has become a good college QB. As was Graham Harrell. And Kliff Kingsbury. And Taylor Potts.