Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what MSU Bowl Games have you been to and what is your favorite?

vCash

So what MSU Bowl Games have you been to and what is your favorite?

Which bowl games have you been to and what is your favorite? The year is the season year and not the technical year the bowl game was played.

1995 Peach Bowl - bunch of high school kids stacked up in a room
    1998 Cotton Bowl - favorite bowl trip that ignores the actual game - had a great time in Dallas
    1999 Peach Bowl - Great game and ended with a great win. My wife and I went to every game that year.
    2000 Independence Bowl - probably favorite bowl game just because it was a crazy time
    2007 Liberty Bowl - might have somehow been colder than the Independence Bowl
    2010 Music City Bowl - friends were able to get a suite so that was pretty awesome.
    2011 Gator Bowl - Actual favorite game to watch. Loved kicking the shit out of a blue blood.
    Didn't go to the 2012 Gator Bowl or 2013 Liberty Bowl.
    2014 Orange Bowl - Dak threw for a ton of yards but since Dan had run off Collins that game sucked to watch
    2015 Belk Bowl - Dak's last game and it was a pretty good game. Good game since I got tickets under the overhang and stayed dry
    Didn't go to 2016 St. Petersburg, 2017 Gator Bowl, 2018 Music City, 2019 Outback, or 2020 Armed Forces

I don't plan on going to the Liberty Bowl this year. The bowl game being played during the week makes it tough living in Atlanta.

I really hate that I didn't go to the Dak's breakout game at the 2013 Liberty Bowl or the 2019 Outback just because I wanted to go to that bowl since 1999.

vCash
    95 Peach bowl was my favorite because I didn't have to travel and we did dinner at Dontae's Down the Hatch ... lost a halftime lead against NC State if I remember correctly
    99 Peach bowl
    2007 Liberty bowl ... my worst bowl experience
    2010 Music City bowl

ETA ... SEC Championship Game which was actually my favorite
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 12-07-2021 at 04:25 PM.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    3 Peach Bowls in the 90's, Music City vs. Wake Forest, Gator vs. Michigan, Orange Bowl, Outback Bowl.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    2010 Music Bowl and the 2007 Liberty Bowl are the only two I have gone to.
    I liked Nashville, even though I was broke as a joke.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Good thread - I've only been to games close to where I've lived at the time (Metro ATL and the Wick)
    1992 Peach Bowl - fun time as a student showing friends the ATL. Actually left my cousin's wedding in Buckhead, changed clothes in the church parking lot and rode MARTA to the Dome.
    1995 Peach Bowl - was in grad school in GA and got to meet back with friends I hadn't seen in a year.
    1998 SECC - nuff said - really thought after Kevin Prentiss returned that kick that we were going to win....
    1999 Peach Bowl - best Peach Bowl because we won
    2011 Gator Bowl - first Bowl with kids - my daughter was 12 and sold this ugly home-made visor with maroon pom poms on it to some drunk sorority girl for $40
    2013 Gator Bowl - just a damn let down. Russell was terrible and should have been yanked for Dak. It was hot, I was hung over, and we lost.
    2018 Gator Bowl - best Gator Bowl 1) cause we won; 2) I got to see my daughter march with the FMB for the last time (she quit after freshman year); 3) great seats for $7 each.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    95 Peach bowl was my favorite because I didn't have to travel and we did dinner at Dontae's Down the Hatch ... lost a halftime lead against NC State if I remember correctly
    99 Peach bowl
    2007 Liberty bowl ... my worst bowl experience
    2010 Music City bowl
    Dontae's - I miss that place. There will never be another place like it.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Good thread - I've only been to games close to where I've lived at the time (Metro ATL and the Wick)
    1992 Peach Bowl - fun time as a student showing friends the ATL. Actually left my cousin's wedding in Buckhead, changed clothes in the church parking lot and rode MARTA to the Dome.
    1995 Peach Bowl - was in grad school in GA and got to meet back with friends I hadn't seen in a year.
    1998 SECC - nuff said - really thought after Kevin Prentiss returned that kick that we were going to win....
    1999 Peach Bowl - best Peach Bowl because we won
    2011 Gator Bowl - first Bowl with kids - my daughter was 12 and sold this ugly home-made visor with maroon pom poms on it to some drunk sorority girl for $40
    2013 Gator Bowl - just a damn let down. Russell was terrible and should have been yanked for Dak. It was hot, I was hung over, and we lost.
    2018 Gator Bowl - best Gator Bowl 1) cause we won; 2) I got to see my daughter march with the FMB for the last time (she quit after freshman year); 3) great seats for $7 each.
    2013 was Liberty vs Rice and Dak's coming out after the "Wallacing" in the Egg Bowl... I think. (Guess I could've Googled it).
    Whatever year that was, that's one of my favorites. 1999 was great too!

vCash
    Nothing for me will ever compare to us running out of the tunnel for the SEC Championship game. Then when Prentiss returned the punt- the scared look on the Tenn fans faces was hilarious.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    2013 was Liberty vs Rice and Dak's coming out after the "Wallacing" in the Egg Bowl... I think. (Guess I could've Googled it).
    Whatever year that was, that's one of my favorites. 1999 was great too!
    We played in 2 bowls in 2013 - Gator was NYD 2013, Liberty against Rice was NYE - 12/31/13

Banned
    vCash
    My Dad and I always fantasized about seeing us in a bowl game on my birthday. We of course usually having only Sugar on our minds back in the day. With him only having a few months left to live, we treked from Jacktown to Dallas and of course we get our ass whipped but Daddy and his first born got their Bulldog Wish. Stood in a cold rain line next to Justin Leonard just back from his Open Title who was more than happy to shoot the shit with me despite the miserable weather. Bumped into Dorsett as well.

vCash
    Getting ice thrown down on us by Longhorn fans at the '99 Cotton bowl.

2007 Liberty bowl -Drunk stadium staff guy spraying puke all over fans while being helped down steps between rows. I don't know how I didn't get any on me, but was waiting for him to trip and swan dive headfirst into a rail or something.

2015 Belk Bowl with a raspy throat and wet shoes was not a good combo but it was a great performance by Dak and the boys which made it worth it.

Banned
    vCash
    Was nice 3rd trip to peach bowl. The first 2 sucked ass. Was nice being happy finally underground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    We played in 2 bowls in 2013 - Gator was NYD 2013, Liberty against Rice was NYE - 12/31/13
    Wouldn't the Gator be considered 2012 though? It was the 2012 season at least... my head hurts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Wouldn't the Gator be considered 2012 though? It was the 2012 season at least... my head hurts.
    Well, my ticket stub says "2013 Taxslayer Bowl"

vCash
    1981 Hall of Fame
    1991, 2007, 2013, 2021 Liberty
    2018 Outback
    2019 Music City

My favorite was the 1981 because I was a kid and got to see Bond and Cooks up close after the game.
    I enjoyed the 2018 OUtback except for the final score.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    1995 Peach Bowl - my first and I was 11 years old. I just remember it was loud as hell with the cowbells and we kicked too many field goals and not enough TD’s and lost
    1998 SEC Championship- not a bowl game but is my favorite post game trip ever
    2007 Liberty Bowl - a UCF coach flipped me off walking back into the tunnel after we beat them
    2010 Gator Bowl - My favorite bowl game I have attended. The crowd was awesome and we dominated the game and just knew that we were headed upwards
    2011 Music City Bowl
    2012 Gator Bowl
    2013 Liberty Bowl
    2014 Orange Bowl - Part of my honeymoon trip so I will always remember it fondly
    2015 Belk Bowl
    2016 St. Petersburg - St Pete was a neat town that I really enjoyed
    2017 Gator Bowl
    2018 Music City
    2020 Armed Forces - I was taking a picture with Mike Leach when the fight broke out
    Last edited by Jarius; 12-07-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Was wondering if that ass whoopin we took in sun bowl vs NE was. the first I ever saw. TV showed a fan with an "Eat Your Hearts out Ole Miss" sign.

vCash
    1980 Sun Bowl-longest charter bus trip in the history of charter bus trips. Juarez was still safe. If McDole doesn't muff the punt...
    1981 Hall of Fame-most boring
    1991 Liberty-the coldest
    1992 Peach-it was a fine time in Atlanta
    2007 Liberty-2nd coldest, and 2nd most boring
    2011 Music City-one of the most fun
    2013 Liberty -still enjoy remembering the Rice fans wanting to talk SAT scores
    2018 Outback-should have been the most fun, but for Joe...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Nothing for me will ever compare to us running out of the tunnel for the SEC Championship game. Then when Prentiss returned the punt- the scared look on the Tenn fans faces was hilarious.
    That was the biggest gut punch to me. Had the lead and Peerless Price makes a crazy catch. The winning TD for UT was in the endzone that I was sitting in. Still an absolute great time. My roommates and I did the 3 vs 3 flag football and did the Dawg Pound Rock right before "kickoff" and the crowd around went crazy. Then we got the shit kicked out of us, LOL.

I will say the events were cool. We also did them for the 99 Peach Bowl and one of my buddies made a FG in work boots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That?s the day I became a Miss State fan as a kid. Went to the 99 egg bowl and that?s when I knew I was going to go to State