Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hugh Freeze

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Pretty sure he is not criticizing the Pinelake preacher for being friendly and offering spiritual assistance. The Pinelake guy gave Freeze a platform without Freeze ever really taking responsibility or accountability for his sins or even acknowledging what they were. Freeze was still openly denying that he did what was claimed while also taking "responsibility" for some unspecified mistakes. I think a lot of people would probably feel like it's legitimate to criticize him over that. I am not sure what Pinelakes belief's are, but certainly in some churches that would be seen as improper.
    Well I attend Pinelake and not one of the satellites. I was in the sanctuary when he referenced Freeze. Granted he did not use his name, nor should he have, he spoke very directly about accusations whether or not they are factual or not. He was talking about personal growth and forgiveness. How like him or not, it is not our place to judge but to offer assistance and to extend grace. Chip never once said it was being blown out of proportion or that he was innocent in the charges, but we as Christians are to extend grace because that is what Christ does.

He referenced Freeze several sermons, again not by name but you know who he was speaking of. He was doing his job and leading his church by being the example of extending grace. I was there, this is not second, third or fourth hand information. I had several talks with my wife about it as well and we both came to the conclusion that it was not a pro-Freeze sermon but one of forgiveness and extending grace. People have faults, Freeze certainly has his and he has to live with his actions, but Chip was doing his job and leading by example by extending grace.

If anyone still hates Freeze that is your opinion, but without getting philosophical in an anonymous forum, if you believe in Christ and his mission, then you believe in extending grace to others who are guilty of transgressions against others. I for one truly hope that is the case, because without Jesus being able to do that very thing, I am screwed.
    Last edited by SilentSteel16; 12-08-2021 at 01:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Well I attend Pinelake and not one of the satellites. I was in the sanctuary when he referenced Freeze. Granted he did not use his name, nor should he have, he spoke very directly about accusations whether or not they are factual or not. He was talking about personal growth and forgiveness. How like him or not, it is not our place to judge but to offer assistance and to extend grace. Chip never once said it was being blown out of proportion or that he was innocent in the charges, but we as Christians are to extend grace because that is what Christ does.

He referenced Freeze several sermons, again not by name but you know who he was speaking of. He was doing his job and leading his church by being the example of extending grace. I was there, this is not second, third or fourth hand information. I had several talks with my wife about it as well and we both came to the conclusion that it was not a pro-Freeze sermon but one of forgiveness and extending grace. People have faults, Freeze certainly has his and he has to live with his actions, but Chip was doing his job and leading by example by extending grace.

If anyone still hates Freeze that is your opinion, but without getting philosophical in an anonymous forum, if you believe in Christ and his mission, then you believe in extending grace to others who are guilty of transgressions against others. I for one truly hope that is the case, because without Jesus being able to do that very thing, I am screwed.

While I do agree with forgiveness and extending grace to those who fall short. There are sins that do disqualify us for further service in the endeavor we were undertaking. Freeze violated the trust with parents and the school and should be disqualified for holding such a position. Let him go sell used cars but keep him away from a position of trust of this type.

And yes, this view is biblical as the apostle Paul mentions his fear of being disqualified to preach the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:27).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    While I do agree with forgiveness and extending grace to those who fall short. There are sins that do disqualify us for further service in the endeavor we were undertaking. Freeze violated the trust with parents and the school and should be disqualified for holding such a position. Let him go sell used cars but keep him away from a position of trust of this type.

And yes, this view is biblical as the apostle Paul mentions his fear of being disqualified to preach the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:27).

You sir, are 100% correct.

The issue was the poster was calling a preacher whom was doing what he is paid and called to do a low life. The poster was responding and quoted someone saying Saban was a low life. The poster then said not only Saban but the preacher at Pinelake too. That is my point of contention.

Chip (Pinelake Rez pastor) never once said that Freeze should be coaching or in a position as such. He was talking on a personal level. He was defending the man from onslaughts on his person(which he did deserve.) Chip even referenced Paul who as you well know killed Christians prior to becoming a disciple of Christ. Do I believe Freeze screwed up, YES. As does Chip at Pinelake, but that still does not give us the right to judge him. How does it go? Those without sin cast the first stone…

vCash

preacher whom was doing what he is paid
    How much money did Jesus get paid?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    How much money did Jesus get paid?
    It could be debated that Jesus is the currency. That was clearly meant to be a joke but was it?

Plus Jesus was paid by peoples belief in him and faith in him.

vCash

The issue was the poster was calling a preacher whom was doing what he is paid and called to do a low life. The poster was responding and quoted someone saying Saban was a low life. The poster then said not only Saban but the preacher at Pinelake too. That is my point of contention.

Chip (Pinelake Rez pastor) never once said that Freeze should be coaching or in a position as such. He was talking on a personal level. He was defending the man from onslaughts on his person(which he did deserve.) Chip even referenced Paul who as you well know killed Christians prior to becoming a disciple of Christ. Do I believe Freeze screwed up, YES. As does Chip at Pinelake, but that still does not give us the right to judge him. How does it go? Those without sin cast the first stone…
    You're taking a lot of liberty with my statement, in no way was I criticizing Chip (whom I've known for more than two decades), I was just making the point that others of high standing, beside's Saban (where did I infer he was a "low life"?) were standing by Freeze. I've always had a uneasy feeling about Freeze, but I'm not judging what he has done nor his spirituality (I have no reason to judge him, but a major peeve of mine is hypocrisy which I think he is full of). My gut is there was more to what he has done than publicly known, else he would have gotten a major job by now, but I don't know that.

As an aside, Chip is a good guy and great preacher, but as a whole don't put too much faith in religious leaders. I know of other lay leaders in several different churches who did much less than Freeze was accused of, but were asked to "step away" and focus on themselves after a transgression.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 12-08-2021 at 02:31 PM.

vCash
    I took no such liberties. Post #17 in this thread speaks for itself. You quoted a previous quote calling Saban a low life. You said not just Saban but the preacher at Pinelake. It implies that Chip is in same category as Saban. If that was not your intent, then it should have been worded differently.

As far as freeze goes, yes I think he does forfeit himself from public office or HC jobs. Lucky for him that doesn’t keep him from salvation which as you well know is Chips concern and not sports jobs.

I am all for extending graces to others, Lord knows I need it as well.

vCash
    I took no such liberties. Post #17 in this thread speaks for itself. You quoted a previous quote calling Saban a low life. You said not just Saban but the preacher at Pinelake. It implies that Chip is in same category as Saban. If that was not your intent, then it should have been worded differently.

As far as freeze goes, yes I think he does forfeit himself from public office or HC jobs. Lucky for him that doesn’t keep him from salvation which as you well know is Chips concern and not sports jobs.

I am all for extending graces to others, Lord knows I need it as well.
    I do apologize to you, Saban and Chip about that, I didn't mean to infer either were low lifes, just that Saban was not the only well known person standing by Freeze. I edited my quote.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 12-08-2021 at 02:53 PM.

vCash
    I was always taught to never discuss religion or politics in public.

vCash
    Haha. Well played on the edit. Well played. Good day sir

vCash

Chip (Pinelake Rez pastor) never once said that Freeze should be coaching or in a position as such. He was talking on a personal level. He was defending the man from onslaughts on his person(which he did deserve.) Chip even referenced Paul who as you well know killed Christians prior to becoming a disciple of Christ. Do I believe Freeze screwed up, YES. As does Chip at Pinelake, but that still does not give us the right to judge him. How does it go? Those without sin cast the first stone?
    The difference is Paul repented and was sorry for the things he did. There's a question whether Freeze is sorry for what he did or sorry for getting caught. I believe the latter because there's numerous instances of Freeze getting caught in lies and pulling the "forgive me I have sinned" card.

vCash

My bad. I thought pinelake was where Freeze actually spoke. Not sure why I thought that was Pinelake. I guess maybe I remembered people criticizing the Pinelake preacher and thought it was for Freeze speaking at Pinelake.

vCash
    As long as Freeze won't admit what he did (beyond some generic "I didn't honor my wife BS") and continues to grift gullible evangelicals by speaking at conferences and lining his own pockets with his vague story of "redemption," I'm just not going to believe he's repented.

Ultimately of course, it doesn't matter whether I believe him, but that's where I am.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I do apologize to you, Saban and Chip about that, I didn't mean to infer either were low lifes, just that Saban was not the only well known person standing by Freeze. I edited my quote.
    Saban is kind of a low life, but that is for another time.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    My bad. I thought pinelake was where Freeze actually spoke. Not sure why I thought that was Pinelake. I guess maybe I remembered people criticizing the Pinelake preacher and thought it was for Freeze speaking at Pinelake.
    He did speak at Pinelake but it was before all of this came to light and it was only for the 11:00 service.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    As long as Freeze won't admit what he did (beyond some generic "I didn't honor my wife BS") and continues to grift gullible evangelicals by speaking at conferences and lining his own pockets with his vague story of "redemption," I'm just not going to believe he's repented.

Ultimately of course, it doesn't matter whether I believe him, but that's where I am.
    Well, some would believe that a person doesn't have to repent in public for redemption. Others could argue that any religion is mumbo jumbo.

To me it is this clear, should a person deserve forgiveness in the public for transgressions they have made, without coming clean about those transgressions? I say no. Freeze does not get a free pass. Freeze does not get to stand up and talk about his personal redemption without being clear about the facts. A person like him should demand any an all that know something about him to come on out with it. At that point, he can work to better himself in public. Not before. The full story of that situation has not come out, he has admitted nothing, and therefore the public has no responsibility to forgive him.

Can I forgive him personally, sure. I hold not ill will towards Freeze or anyone else for that matter. So he may have cheated on his wife, well shit happens. So he may have hired hookers for a 16-18 year old high school student, it is not like these guys are 7 years old. Either way, until he comes out publicly with his exact role, he should be black balled. At the point that he does come out with it, depending on what it is, he still should be black balled.

Either way, I am not losing a moment's thought about Hugh Freeze and his redemption. That is between him and God, and then "as a public figure" between him and the public.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Didn't he also baptize Laquon Treadwell at Pinelake? So classic

Banned
    vCash
    At least we can all agree everything Ole Miss needs to Go to Hell and 17'd to death.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Well, some would believe that a person doesn't have to repent in public for redemption. Others could argue that any religion is mumbo jumbo.

To me it is this clear, should a person deserve forgiveness in the public for transgressions they have made, without coming clean about those transgressions? I say no. Freeze does not get a free pass. Freeze does not get to stand up and talk about his personal redemption without being clear about the facts. A person like him should demand any an all that know something about him to come on out with it. At that point, he can work to better himself in public. Not before. The full story of that situation has not come out, he has admitted nothing, and therefore the public has no responsibility to forgive him.

Can I forgive him personally, sure. I hold not ill will towards Freeze or anyone else for that matter. So he may have cheated on his wife, well shit happens. So he may have hired hookers for a 16-18 year old high school student, it is not like these guys are 7 years old. Either way, until he comes out publicly with his exact role, he should be black balled. At the point that he does come out with it, depending on what it is, he still should be black balled.

Either way, I am not losing a moment's thought about Hugh Freeze and his redemption. That is between him and God, and then "as a public figure" between him and the public.
    Im not sure the families of those high school girls have forgiven him nor ever will.

The thing with Bucky is more than just him are to blame. The plantation enablers set all of this in motion many year ago by covering up his illegal acts with underage girls. Sometimes winning is more important than illegal and immoral acts to some people. The KlanSharts epitomize this mantra. More than any blue blood program. The fact that no one has made them pay is also troubling. You would think at some point that someone would make the little fish pay for such acts and enabling to make an example and throw the public a bone, but it has not happened.

vCash
    Are y'all saying OM was not doing this before Freeze and stopped doing it after Freeze?