Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today marks the 80th anniversary of our National Title and SEC championship

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    We shouldn't claim it because everyone knows we didn't really win it; Minnesota did.

No serious Bama fan really claims 1941, either. But when you've won 100, it's easy to sneak one in and not have anyone notice. Personally, I'd be embarrassed if we tried to claim a 1941 national title. We finished 16th that year.
    16th!!?? How?

vCash
    We shouldn't claim it because everyone knows we didn't really win it; Minnesota did.

No serious Bama fan really claims 1941, either. But when you've won 100, it's easy to sneak one in and not have anyone notice. Personally, I'd be embarrassed if we tried to claim a 1941 national title. We finished 16th that year.
    It doesn't matter what "serious fans" claim. The University of Alabama claims 1941, so that means Alabama claims it.

I agree that we don't really have a case for 1941 beyond the fact that we have a stronger case than a school who claims one. However, we were undefeated (though with a tie) in 1940, so we should have no qualms claiming that, definitely a stronger case than UCF in 2017.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Because we're MSU and we don't want to be "embarrassed" by claiming a National Championship like Ole Miss. And Alabama in this case.
    EXACTLY. They are acting like Rebels.

vCash
    Hey guys from the Lodge ... make us a 1940 and 1941 National Championship Hat and Quarter Zip pull-over.

And make a Maroon hat with "2" over a Mississippi Map with a "Bully Banner" icon on the side

Like this hat....

vCash
    The story behind Alabama's unlimited national championships

https://www.bhamwiki.com/w/List_of_A..._championships

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

We beat San Francisco on this day in 1941 to finish our historic season. Some people did something on December 7th to deter us from our Sugar Bowl appearance but because you can claim mythical national titles whether you won them or not in the old days- 1941 SEC champ/National Champs remains the gold standard of our program.

Happy 80th 1941 National Champs!!!
    Here, here. I second that. We are the 1941 NC Bulldogs of college football. Put the banner up in DWS somewhere.

vCash

They don't talk about 1941 because it was so long ago but Bama claims it every time they print the # of titles.

Challenge a Bamer on the number of NC titles and see what happens.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We won the SEC and beat Bama. The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor prevented us from accepting our rightful bowl game that Bama stole. Their claim is illegitimate

Even though this post is partially accurate, the substance is solid and can't be denied.

Fact Checker sez Germans bombed us, not Japanese. Other than that, solid and factual.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    It doesn't matter what "serious fans" claim. The University of Alabama claims 1941, so that means Alabama claims it.

I agree that we don't really have a case for 1941 beyond the fact that we have a stronger case than a school who claims one. However, we were undefeated (though with a tie) in 1940, so we should have no qualms claiming that, definitely a stronger case than UCF in 2017.
    Filibuster 101

Ownership of something ethereal requires 4 things:

(1) Hats with "1941" worn by MSU fans
    (2) Banner on the Field
    (3) Granite etching on an athletic building
    (4) A statue of Allyn McKeen

If a Minnesota guy balks, you Balk back. "You guys don't even have Championship hats, sorry Gopher"

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Filibuster 101

Ownership of something ethereal requires 4 things:

(1) Hats with "1941" worn by MSU fans
    (2) Banner on the Field
    (3) Granite etching on an athletic building
    (4) A statue of Allyn McKeen

If a Minnesota guy balks, you Balk back. "You guys don't even have Championship hats, sorry Gopher"
    Well done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Here, here. I second that. We are the 1941 NC Bulldogs of college football. Put the banner up in DWS somewhere.
    Hell we don’t even have the 1998 sec west champs banner up...

vCash
    any of y'all know bout NCs in the CFB? take your time.....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    any of y'all know bout NCs in the CFB? take your time.....
    no one has said one thing about Alabama's legit playoff runs. They have the money and fan base and best coach we get it.

That's what about ism bullshit to cover up Alabama's lies an false claims to fake titles and a very Ole Miss thing to do. And why? You would still have plenty of legit ones.

vCash
    I believe the story is in the 80s a bama SID went back and reranked several years and "gave" bama several titles. We should certainly to the same thing, have Rosie, or whoever, write an article renanking 40 and 41, and claim it. It would be cringe worth at first, but before long everyone would forget and accept it, like Bama fans accept their 18 (or so) titles.

vCash
    Allyn McKeen was the MSU GOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I believe the story is in the 80s a bama SID went back and reranked several years and "gave" bama several titles. We should certainly to the same thing, have Rosie, or whoever, write an article renanking 40 and 41, and claim it. It would be cringe worth at first, but before long everyone would forget and accept it, like Bama fans accept their 18 (or so) titles.
    I once saw an article saying exactly this but cannot locate it now

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Every Bama fan I know and their administration counts it.

edited, grammer.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman View Post
    I once saw an article saying exactly this but cannot locate it now
    The article sets the stage for 18 national championships. They really have 12.
    We should definitely claim 1940 and 1941. Two complete seasons, only tied one team. Beat the shit out of bama both years.
    Downvotes_Hype