Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today marks the 80th anniversary of our National Title and SEC championship

vCash

Today marks the 80th anniversary of our National Title and SEC championship

We beat San Francisco on this day in 1941 to finish our historic season. Some people did something on December 7th to deter us from our Sugar Bowl appearance but because you can claim mythical national titles whether you won them or not in the old days- 1941 SEC champ/National Champs remains the gold standard of our program.

Happy 80th 1941 National Champs!!!
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Doesn?t Bama count this year in their 35 or so titles?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    We won the SEC and beat Bama. The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor prevented us from accepting our rightful bowl game that Bama stole. Their claim is illegitimate

vCash
    How did Pearl Harbor affect us and not them?
    I know we beat them, so I get our claim, but I?m not sure I?ve heard this entire story.

vCash
    I know we beat them, so I get our claim, but I?m not sure I?ve heard this entire story.
    Pretty sure we were on the west and couldn't travel back home. Alabama went in our place. We truly have a snake bitten dead injun buried somewhere on our campus. Hopefully he is now fully decomposed and enough time as passed since we got our Natty in baseball this year.

vCash
    Not many people know this story and zero media douchebags do. It's historically significant to the school and the program.

vCash
    Yes. A 2 loss Bama. Lost to
    Us and Vanderbilt I believe. We were undefeated in the SEC and whipped Bamas ass in Tuscaloosa. I've always claimed 1941 as a National Championship for State.
    BTW, Bama finished 3rd in the SEC that year.

vCash
    The Pearl Harbor attack prevented our team from being able to travel back to Mississippi for almost 2 weeks. It took us forever to get back home and everything was I. Such disarray we didn’t even go bowling that season.

vCash
    With all the schools claiming titles from back in the day, why won't our admin claim this? Especially since the argument over Bama is so convincing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    With all the schools claiming titles from back in the day, why won't our admin claim this? Especially since the argument over Bama is so convincing?
    Because we're MSU and we don't want to be "embarrassed" by claiming a National Championship like Ole Miss. And Alabama in this case.

vCash
    HOOK,

TOO SHINEY YA ARE, BUDDY..."
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Not many people know this story and zero media douchebags do. It's historically significant to the school and the program.
    A day which will live in infamy drowned us out. Sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Because we're MSU and we don't want to be "embarrassed" by claiming a National Championship like Ole Miss. And Alabama in this case.
    The case for 1940 is even stronger since we were undefeated that year. But yes, the NCAA accepting UCF just making up that they were national champions a couple years ago should open the floodgates for anyone. Let's claim both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Minnesota was actually crowned national champion with what I believe was an undefeated season. It was their 5th national championship since 1934.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    The case for 1940 is even stronger since we were undefeated that year. But yes, the NCAA accepting UCF just making up that they were national champions a couple years ago should open the floodgates for anyone. Let's claim both.
    Minnesota also was champion in 1940.

vCash
    Claim it! Everyone else does! We deserve it and earned it! Amen!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Claim it! Everyone else does! We deserve it and earned it! Amen!
    Exactly. There is zero reason not to.

Banned
    vCash
    Can we get a banner showing Luftwaffe bombing Hawaii with a Belushi reference?
    Last edited by OLJWales; 12-07-2021 at 01:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Can we get a banner showing Luftwaffe bombing Hawaii with a Belushi reference?
    I approve

vCash
    We shouldn't claim it because everyone knows we didn't really win it; Minnesota did.

No serious Bama fan really claims 1941, either. But when you've won 100, it's easy to sneak one in and not have anyone notice. Personally, I'd be embarrassed if we tried to claim a 1941 national title. We finished 16th that year.