Stroud is very good.
    4th in nation in passing yds
    6th in comp %
    3rd in yds/att
    5th in passing TDs
    2nd in passer rating
    1st in QBR
    Now do total yards.
    And please don't make me defend Corral any further 😜.
    ETA - and Stroud didn't have a Heisman moment either. He was the first OSU qb to lose to MI since Obama was in office. First term Obama.
    Last edited by LC Dawg; 12-06-2021 at 08:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Now do total yards.
    And please don't make me defend Corral any further 😜.
    8th nationally.

Oh, and he only played 11 games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Dak had
    better stats in 2014 and wasn't invited either. Not having a "Heisman moment" is what keeps guys like these from getting invited.
    Playing for state and ole miss is what keeps them from being invited

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Uh oh, Bo Bounds is going to be upset. Wrong again lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    ESPECIALLY when you **** the bed against Bama (Thanks conservative Dan) and om (Thanks Dan for not having a DC for whatever reason)....!
    Dak is the one who shit the bed against bama. Dan didn't throw the picks inside the red zone.

vCash

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I can’t believe people actually thought he was going to get invited to the Heisman ceremony. What in the actual hell did you watch the second half of the year? Will Anderson is the one who got robbed. Corral was meh for half a season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    8th nationally.

Oh, and he only played 11 games
    So total less than Corral and per game a little more. In a weaker league.
    I'm not gonna defend Corral anymore and since I'm not a sports journalist and I didn't win the Heisman during my seven years of college I don't have a vote.

vCash
    And it doesn't really seem to have affected the Rebel faithful that much. They said they wouldn't mind if a mercenary from Cali won the Heisman but their main goal was to get the Sugar and bring back glory to Dixie.*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Uh oh, Bo Bounds is going to be upset. Wrong again lol
    Apparently Heisman voters aren't that impressed with swing passes off of orbit motion like Bo. LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Dak not going in 14 was BS way more than Coral not going this year.
    Agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    That is a bit shocking to be honest. Especially since they took the kid from Pitt over him. I may not like Corral, but the kid won 10 games in the SEC. IMO he deserved an invite. If we beat Memphis and Arky then Will is in that conversation and we would have raised 9 kinds of hell had he not been invited with his numbers.
    He won 6 games in the SEC

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Playing for state and ole miss is what keeps them from being invited
    Partially true. Missing context. Wayne Gretzky's on the selection committee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Stroud is very good.
    4th in nation in passing yds
    6th in comp %
    3rd in yds/att
    5th in passing TDs
    2nd in passer rating
    1st in QBR
    I don't get why anyone is pumping Corral at this point - he finished outside the top 15 nationally in every passing category. He was no better than 3rd in any passing stat in the SEC. The only stat he led the SEC in was rushing TD's by a QB.
    His stats weren't much better than Jordan Ta'mu in 2018 - did anyone think HE should have gone to NYC?

Yes - Corral made that team go the first half of the season. Yes, they won 10 games. But if Dak couldn't get there in '14 or '15 and Chad Kelly wasn't good enough in '15 (check his stats, they were just as good or better than Corral for a 9 win team)
    there was no chance for Matt after about week 5.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I don't get why anyone is pumping Corral at this point - he finished outside the top 15 nationally in every passing category. He was no better than 3rd in any passing stat in the SEC. The only stat he led the SEC in was rushing TD's by a QB.
    His stats weren't much better than Jordan Ta'mu in 2018 - did anyone think HE should have gone to NYC?

Yes - Corral made that team go the first half of the season. Yes, they won 10 games. But if Dak couldn't get there in '14 or '15 and Chad Kelly wasn't good enough in '15 (check his stats, they were just as good or better than Corral for a 9 win team)
    Agree. It's just ole Miss hype around the state that they're buying into.
    Also agree that if they based it on first season stats then yeah, he probably should go. However it's based on a full seasons work.

vCash
    Corral don't have the numbers or wins the others have

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

Well said

Banned
    vCash
    In the end he got what he earned. Conversation but less consideration.

vCash
    Matt Corral 3339 yards passing 597 rushing 20 passing TD's and 11 rushing TD's That is very good but not Heisman worthy. He had a tough stretch of games.

There are 14 guys with more passing yards. 34 with more passing TD's and a dozen have more passing TD's than he has total TD's. There were 18 QB's that were responsible for more points that Corral, including our own Will Rogers.

Why exactly is he supposed to be in NY other than hype train and big arm ability?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Bet he shows up anyway.
    Downvotes_Hype