Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt not invited to NYC.

vCash

Matt not invited to NYC.

Awe.

vCash
    That's an injustice IMO.

Yes I hate OM, but him not being invited isn't right. Expect the same happen to Rogers due to the lack of media coverage & market size of Mississippi.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    That is a bit shocking to be honest. Especially since they took the kid from Pitt over him. I may not like Corral, but the kid won 10 games in the SEC. IMO he deserved an invite. If we beat Memphis and Arky then Will is in that conversation and we would have raised 9 kinds of hell had he not been invited with his numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    That's an injustice IMO.

Yes I hate OM, but him not being invited isn't right. Expect the same happen to Rogers due to the lack of media coverage & market size of Mississippi.
    His injury and his receivers injuries devestated his shot.

vCash
    I hate that school but the kid deserved it. Maybe Archie didn't want he and Eli overshadowed and he made some calls.

vCash
    He wasn't quite the same after he injured his ankle. They had to rely more on their RBs and he didn't really have any other games where he lit teams up through the air.

Still, he's a tremendous talent at QB, and I am more than glad to see him go.

vCash
    This goes back to my comments on another thread about promotion and marketing. Even though Corral isn't invited he (and Ole Miss) was talked about every week when the Heisman was discussed because he was promoted up front as a pre season candidate. He stayed in the discussion even after his numbers fell off - because he was already in the conversation and because Ole Miss was winning.
    Mississippi State needs to push hard for Rogers to be in the pre season Heisman talk and not worry about how it will look if he or the team doesn't play well.
    And for the record I think Corral is getting screwed by not being invited to NY.

vCash
    Haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    This goes back to my comments on another thread about promotion and marketing. Even though Corral isn't invited he (and Ole Miss) was talked about every week when the Heisman was discussed because he was promoted up front as a pre season candidate. He stayed in the discussion even after his numbers fell off - because he was already in the conversation and because Ole Miss was winning.
    Mississippi State needs to push hard for Rogers to be in the pre season Heisman talk and not worry about how it will look if he or the team doesn't play well.
    And for the record I think Corral is getting screwed by not being invited to NY.
    You have WAY too much faith in what is left of the marketing department that was built up under Byrne and Stricklin. It is actually impressive how fast Cohen has torpedoed that department. Will could throw for 50 TDs and 2 INTs next year but we will still be pimping a Tanner Allen HR two years after the fact. He is very good when it comes to all things baseball. He is equally as bad when it comes to every other sport on campus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    That is a bit shocking to be honest. Especially since they took the kid from Pitt over him. I may not like Corral, but the kid won 10 games in the SEC. IMO he deserved an invite. If we beat Memphis and Arky then Will is in that conversation and we would have raised 9 kinds of hell had he not been invited with his numbers.
    Not really surprising and there are some great players out there. This with no one from UGA. The kid from Pitt is special.

Dak not going in 14 was BS way more than Coral not going this year.

vCash
    3 QBs and a DE. Michigan?s Hutchison has been putting up insane defensive numbers just like Will Anderson did from bama. However we all know the REC is going to put in the work at the end of the year and give it to B Young.

However I do remember seeing ESPN people getting all hot and fuzzy over pre heisman talk with Costello after the LSU game. That lasted all but a hot second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Not really surprising and there are some great players out there. This with no one from UGA. The kid from Pitt is special.

Dak not going in 14 was BS way more than Coral not going this year.
    Neither beat Alabama. You wanna get to NYC from the sec west, you either play for bama or beat bama

vCash
    It was clear he wasn't going the last 3rd of the season. He didn't put up the numbers to hold serve despite still playing well. Similar to Dak running out of steam in 2014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Neither beat Alabama. You wanna get to NYC from the sec west, you either play for bama or beat bama
    Somewhat agree. The heisman is a joke anyway, has been since 1997 at least when Manning didn't win it. All it is is an ESPN hype event for their favorite teams.

vCash
    It's hard to justify Stroud over Corral imo but I'd give it to Will Anderson if I was voting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    It's hard to justify Stroud over Corral imo but I'd give it to Will Anderson if I was voting.
    Stroud is very good.
    4th in nation in passing yds
    6th in comp %
    3rd in yds/att
    5th in passing TDs
    2nd in passer rating
    1st in QBR

vCash
    That's an injustice IMO.

Dak had
    better stats in 2014 and wasn't invited either. Not having a "Heisman moment" is what keeps guys like these from getting invited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Dak had
    better stats in 2014 and wasn't invited either. Not having a "Heisman moment" is what keeps guys like these from getting invited.
    ESPECIALLY when you **** the bed against Bama (Thanks conservative Dan) and om (Thanks Dan for not having a DC for whatever reason)....!

vCash
    That's an injustice IMO.

Look at his numbers. Who would you put him over?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Look at his numbers. Who would you put him over?
    Exactly. This is Gun out "Gunning" himself.