Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas O-Lineman set to make 150K/year

vCash

Texas O-Lineman set to make 150K/year

vCash
    Wow. Going to be hard to compete. I guess it already is though.

vCash
    Better get right or get left.

vCash
    When texas and aTm figure out how to use their money, they're gonna be a handful

vCash
    I love MSU with all my heart, but if I'm an offensive lineman and I have offers from MSU and Texas....

I'm going with the 50k. Sorry, not sorry.

We better get with the program.

vCash
    Not to worry guys, we have the Legacy Group who has done??oh yea that?s right absolutely nothing. The only thing they will ever help us with is MAYBE baseball. Which as much as I hate to admit it, that is probably exactly how Cohen wants it.

vCash
    I struggle with this NIL thing so much. These kids are getting a free 100k plus education with room and board, and most meals taken care of as well. Like seriously is that not enough?

Banned
    vCash
    Texas had 1 OL Drafted in the last 10 years. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. What a pile of trash program. Resources squandered for so long.

vCash
    We weren't competing with the Texas's of college football on the under the table money and we won't compete with them on the over the table money. We just need to keep up over the table with those we were keeping up with under the table.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    We weren't competing with the Texas's of college football on the under the table money and we won't compete with them on the over the table money. We just need to keep up over the table with those we were keeping up with under the table.
    Problem is... there will still be money under the table as well as the over the table money of old. We're 17'd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When texas and aTm figure out how to use their money, they're gonna be a handful
    In the world of big money, you are right. They are not going to keep being stupid. Bama about to have some competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I struggle with this NIL thing so much. These kids are getting a free 100k plus education with room and board, and most meals taken care of as well. Like seriously is that not enough?
    Totally agree. What our world needs more of is more entitled people being entitled some more. It will be the end of a great nation. Already is the end of college sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Totally agree. What our world needs more of is more entitled people being entitled some more. It will be the end of a great nation. Already is the end of college sports.
    Not to mention they want all the money and benefits of being a professional without having to deal with the responsibilities of the real world. They want the money but still want to be treated as an amateur.

vCash
    In the last 100 years name 1 player that has chosen State over TX. Nothings changing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    It’s just sad! I get your family might be in a bad spot, a lot of families are. But the difference is you are getting a free education, and those other kids aren’t. So you both get out with a degree to help your family except the regular student has 10s of thousands in student loan debt.

vCash
    Marvin Byrdsong.

https://247sports.com/player/marvin-byrdsong-26800/

Quote Originally Posted by Avelso View Post
    In the last 100 years name 1 player that has chosen State over TX. Nothings changing.

vCash
    College pro football is here to stay. I guess many have been paid one way or the other over the years but its going to really explode over the next few years. A big turnoff for me.

vCash
    "empowering them to use their NIL rights to support their favorite charities." So, I am reading this to say that the player doesn't keep the money. They use the money to serve or give to their favorite charity.

However, to the larger point. My hope is these individuals paying out these NIL deals, realize there isn't much if any return on their investment. Return for them as a business and no return in the wins/loss department for their school.

Until Texas starts beating out OhSt and Bama for linemen, the level of play will remain the same.

vCash
    Name a second player TX offered that didn?t have a brother on our team?.

Nice find Lance Harbor. Hats off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I worry this is going cause me watch college football about like I watch pro ball now(not very much).