Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: MBB game

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Exactly. There have been literally times in every one of his seasons that starts getting some traction. And I swear, every single time the fans show up, we lose in terrible fashion. Every single time. It gets old. I was the one calling for everyone to go to games and get vocal when in the stands. Yell like you actually want our team to win. I wanted people to show up early and not just when we are playing Tenn, KY, or Ole Miss. But guess what. The fans haven't shown up. So here we are. Talent to make a sweet 16 and cannot manage 3k for a home game, on Sunday afternoon against a P5 team?

So who contributed to this loss. 1st it is the fans, then Howland and then the team. In that order.
    Howland go the players, it is our job to show up and make this a tough place to play. Basketball moreso than any other sport. The fans contribute.

If nothing else, we can boo them if they come out in an unacceptable manner and cheer like a crazy ass person if they are actually playing with energy.
    Don't totally agree. Our HC has no fire or enthusiasm and the fans are fed up with half assed results for 7 years.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    That is fine that you don't totally agree. As fans we only have one way to help, and that is to go and cheer. That is our opportunity to help. Unfortunately, I don't think a single game of the Howland era has had a single game equal to the 2004 season for Stans. The team needs the atmosphere. Right now, they might as well be playing in the Bahamas. Shitty atmosphere.
    Downvotes_Hype

Banned
    vCash
    That is fine that you don't totally agree. As fans we only have one way to help, and that is to go and cheer. That is our opportunity to help. Unfortunately, I don't think a single game of the Howland era has had a single game equal to the 2004 season for Stans. The team needs the atmosphere. Right now, they might as well be playing in the Bahamas. Shitty atmosphere.
    Howland's a grown ass man and needs to teach his players to be. Fans are also customers. Blind unwavering loyalty has limitations.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 12-05-2021 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    In regards to fan support our basketball program under Howland pretty much mirrors our football program's success since 2009. Think of a NY6 bowl as the NCAA tournament and other bowls as the NIT. And you can't get to the NIT with a losing record.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Yep. Our fans acting like 6000 additional people at the game couldn't have swung the outcome (especially when it was tied with 30 seconds left) is comical.

Our fans just like winning when it comes to basketball. If this was a girls game via 2017 it would have been a full house. The whole "The girls play fundamental basketball" crowd is pretty quiet now that we suck.

vCash
    Needs to be some method of getting tix that fans don't wanna use to local HS students or whoever that are willing to come. Maybe come up with some sort of bonus for bulldog club members that have their tix used 80% of the time or something.

And howland needs to get more out of this team. I'm still trying to be patient since it's so many new pieces, and there's been very little practice time with all them together. I wanna see a better defensive effort next Saturday

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    In regards to fan support our basketball program under Howland pretty much mirrors our football program's success since 2009. Think of a NY6 bowl as the NCAA tournament and other bowls as the NIT. And you can't get to the NIT with a losing record.
    Nothing excuses this talent ladened team so unprepared to play this year. Fans had patiently waited and were justified expecting more. SOS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Needs to be some method of getting tix that fans don't wanna use to local HS students or whoever that are willing to come. Maybe come up with some sort of bonus for bulldog club members that have their tix used 80% of the time or something.

And howland needs to get more out of this team. I'm still trying to be patient since it's so many new pieces, and there's been very little practice time with all them together. I wanna see a better defensive effort next Saturday
    The first part of your post would require Cohen to care if there are asses in the seats. I wonder if he cares as long as they're paid for. And if they're not going to give the students the side maybe they could split them to behind both goals so one end isn't completely dead.
    In regards to the second part I hope something happens soon or we will have wasted a pretty talented team.

vCash
    I wouldn't call the atmosphere in the Hump today as "shitty"...The crowd that was there was very loud and engaged.