Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bad does the East look now?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

How bad does the East look now?

UGA plays one good team all year, and gets smoked. Bama should have lost to Auburn and did get beat by aTm. Handled GA today.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    UGA destroyed AU, UF and AR, all which Bama struggled against. Yep, they handled UGA today, that's Saban and probably the shitty performance against AU. UGA will kill either Michigan or Cincinnati... as well as us, TAM, OM and LSU

vCash
    Pods can't get here soon enough. Of course, we'll get stuck with Bama I'm sure.

vCash
    The SEC wanted two teams in the playoff and Georgia understood the assignment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Pods can't get here soon enough. Of course, we'll get stuck with Bama I'm sure.
    I'd be surprised since we know Auburn and Tennessee will be in Alabama's pod without question. I'd be surprised if their third team isn't LSU.

Unless they do regional style pods which don't make sense at this point. But it's the SEC so that is a possibility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'd be surprised since we know Auburn and Tennessee will be in Alabama's pod without question. I'd be surprised if their third team isn't LSU.

Unless they do regional style pods which don't make sense at this point. But it's the SEC so that is a possibility.
    I think ours will be Us, Ole Miss, LSU, and A&M.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Don't think they'll let A&M/Texas not be in the same. My guess would be Us, ole miss, Oklahoma, Arkansas. Second guess would be Us, ole miss, Missouri, LSU

vCash
    Possible. I think Ole Miss is the only sure team if I had to guess. I would also guess that they would keep A&M, Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma all together if they can so A&M seems unlikely to me.

My guess would be Ole Miss, Kentucky, and LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Don't think they'll let A&M/Texas not be in the same. My guess would be Us, ole miss, Oklahoma, Arkansas. Second guess would be Us, ole miss, Missouri, LSU
    A&M by all accounts wasn't happy with this at all. The sop will be them not being in the same pod.

vCash
    My guess would be Ole Miss, Kentucky, and LSU.
    I'd donate a quart of blood for that choice right now...

vCash
    A&M by all accounts wasn't happy with this at all. The sop will be them not being in the same pod.
    A&M has zero leverage. Their option is to play Texas or leave the SEC.

It is a really nasty rivalry. Texas is what Ole Miss would be if they controlled the SEC.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    It's plausible. Kentucky is likely our second opponent. After that it's anyone's guess. The Egg Bowl is staying so that's our only sure opponent. Alabama maybe but I think the SEC will want to keep Bama/LSU and without question the Iron Bowl and Bama/UT are locks to stay. Auburn will keep the Iron Bowl and Georgia. LSU is fairly isolated so they're kind of open with rivalries with Bama, Ole Miss which I suspect the SEC will keep, and well as Bama/LSU. Other than that they could keep LSU with Arkansas, A&M, or MSU. Arkansas I think will keep their old SWC rivalries for sure with Texas and A&M. That makes them seem unlikely to keep MSU to me. Especially as close as they are to Mizzou, Oklahoma, and they have more of a rivalry with LSU. A&M has more of a history with Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma. I could see A&M and LSU in the same pod though.

When it comes time I think the SEC will likely ask schools to submit their three team wishlist and our should be Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt and then the league will adjust from there and give us Ole Miss, Kentucky, and someone other than Vandy.

vCash
    Pretty much! LOL.

vCash

It is a really nasty rivalry. Texas is what Ole Miss would be if they controlled the SEC.
    Not every year. They won't be in the same pod if we actually do the pod thing.

vCash
    No, they will be shocked that their vote counts the same as Vanderbilt's and every other SEC school. That has been the strength of the SEC, and the eventual downfall of every Conference Texas has been in. If their vote counts more than ours or Vandy's it will kill the SEC too. Texas is a dang plague. I still can't believe we allowed them in.

vCash
    Face it guys and gals We will be stuck with Bama LSU and Aubbie. OM will get Tenn Vandy and Mizzou.

vCash
    Not every year. They won't be in the same pod if we actually do the pod thing.
    There may be some rotation at times but the SEC is going to keep rivalries alive. That's why Alabama/Tennessee and Auburn/Georgia play every year even though they have never been in the same division.

vCash
    Hopefully Oklahoma and Texas will help some how.

vCash
    Bama is one of the ones that will have that first pick, and they'll prob want us. Keep that easy win