Thread: Bowl games

vCash

Bowl games

vCash
    Oh my, or is it the crack/meth bowl?

vCash
    Baptist vs burglars

vCash
    Can we not try to make fun of Mississippi for making the sugar bowl??? I mean, I sure hell would have rather made the sugar than the Liberty. If we had taken care of business and won the Memphis, Arkansas, and Mississippi games, we would be in the sugar. But we choked and didn?t make the plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    Can we not try to make fun of Mississippi for making the sugar bowl??? I mean, I sure hell would have rather made the sugar than the Liberty. If we had taken care of business and won the Memphis, Arkansas, and Mississippi games, we would be in the sugar. But we choked and didn?t make the plays.
    This is correct, although the referees made some very questionable calls against us in the Memphis and Arkansas games. I've been hoping for years we could make it to the Sugar Bowl, but we never have. Glad I was fortunate enough to see our one and only SEC championship game in Atlanta in '98.

vCash
    We like to make fun of those mother 17ers every chance we get....you need to get on board with that Francis.

vCash
    Can we not try to make fun of Mississippi for making the sugar bowl??
    This may not be the place for you, with all that OM sympathy.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Dude, who are you?

vCash
    I still think it?s really weird their fans are so excited about the sugar bowl over the peach and our fans still think it?s a better bowl. I dont think people understand there are 3 tiers to bowls now. Playoff, NY6 non playoff and the rest. They were going to a NY6 no matter what because they were ranked #8. Back before the playoff it was a bigger bowl, but them making the Sugar Bowl is no different than State going to the Orange Bowl in 2014.

vCash
    Anyone think Houston and NC State each deserved a better bowl?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I still think it?s really weird their fans are so excited about the sugar bowl over the peach and our fans still think it?s a better bowl. I dont think people understand there are 3 tiers to bowls now. Playoff, NY6 non playoff and the rest. They were going to a NY6 no matter what because they were ranked #8. Back before the playoff it was a bigger bowl, but them making the Sugar Bowl is no different than State going to the Orange Bowl in 2014.
    Because it is the bowl that hosts the TOP available SEC team, not an at large bid

vCash
    Baylor is going to drill ole miss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I hope so, but they didn?t look good vs OSU. If their starting QB is healthy, I?d feel much better about their chances. OM will be healthy.

vCash
    OM is a 1.5 point favorite, so you can get rich if you sure.

We're 8-pt favorite

My favorite bet though is aTm getting 5 from wake forest. aTm is gonna run wild on them, and while wake will score, aTm will win

vCash
    They just had their greatest season in school history with a Heisman candidate-and the best they could do was 10-2 and NY6 berth. They just had our 2014 season. Good for them. Like us in 2015- let's see what they do after losing alot.

We were "young" this year and won 7. So next year looks to be a chance for us to make a run at 10 wins.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They just had their greatest season in school history with a Heisman candidate-and the best they could do was 10-2 and NY6 berth. They just had our 2014 season. Good for them. Like us in 2015- let's see what they do after losing alot.

We were "young" this year and won 7. So next year looks to be a chance for us to make a run at 10 wins.
    And we are 2 horrific calls by sec referees from being 9-3 going to the citrus.

vCash
    That is not true though. The top SEC team not in the playoff goes to the sugar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgpound View Post
    That is not true though. The top SEC team not in the playoff goes to the sugar.
    Except when the Sugar is in the playoff- as in 2014 which led us to the Orange. Had the Sugar been in the playoff this year- Mississippi would have been elsewhere as well.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I hope so but I ain't betting on it........Everyone's been downplaying them all year but the bottom line is they are a damn good football team and got over the hump and closed out some games that we couldn't......
    Last edited by Saltydog; 12-06-2021 at 11:19 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Because it is the bowl that hosts the TOP available SEC team, not an at large bid
    The Sugar Bowl goes to the top ranked SEC team if the SEC champion (and other SEC teams like this year) are in the playoffs UNLESS the Sugar Bowl is part of the CFP which is what happened to us in 2014 and we went to the Orange.
    When Ole Miss folks were jerking to their 2015 Sugar Bowl I tried explaining to them that it was the exact same bowl that we went to in 2014 just a different name but they (and a lot of State fans) just couldn't wrap their head around that.