Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lane kiffin resigns.

vCash
    I don't give a shit if he stays or not. Replacing a QB like Matt Corral ain't gonna be easy. If he had to roll with Plumlee or that kid from Starkville all season they don't win 10 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    He's a good coach but we need him to lose Lebby and Durkin as both are good coaches as well. Big programs just don't trust him for now for various reasons so he's capped at OM. I will say that if Miami doesn't get Cristobal then I would have taken Lane over Manny easily.

And let's be honestly he's basically everything Ole Miss wrapped up in a coach, just some slight differences than Freeze but both were perfect for that place while Leach seems to be a good fit for us. Both coaches have systems that are mostly dependent on their QB play as well.
    We'll see if they keep Lebby. If the rumors are true I doubt it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I don't give a shit if he stays or not. Replacing a QB like Matt Corral ain't gonna be easy. If he had to roll with Plumlee or that kid from Starkville all season they don't win 10 games.
    Yep.

vCash
    Getting a transfer QB that is a quality guy isn't exactly a slam dunk either. See MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Getting a transfer QB that is a quality guy isn't exactly a slam dunk either. See MSU.
    It's always a crap shoot.

vCash
    We'll see if they keep Lebby. If the rumors are true I doubt it.
    Hope the rumors aren't from the same people that said "no chance Kiffin returns". If I've learned one thing over the many years I've followed MSU message boards, it's that MSU fans have no damn sources. None. Even our guys that get paid to have sources don't have any we can count on.

vCash
    Somebody has to #metoo kiffin?s ass.

vCash
    I'm convinced at least half the posts on message boards can be classified as "wishful thinking."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FoggyBottom View Post
    I'm convinced at least half the posts on message boards can be classified as "wishful thinking."
    Yep

vCash
    Without Corral Ole Miss's season would have been a lot closer to ours but they did have him and they've had a great season. We'll see what happens without Corral. Kiffin's obviously a good coach but so is Leach. When you look at it from afar it's pretty cool to have both Mississippi SEC schools doing well but when you hate Ole Miss it sucks. If Kiffin ever reaches full maturity bigger schools will come calling but we may be stuck with him for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Reports are it is 7.5 million a year, of course 4 years plus incentives? Now I?m not a smart man, but DAMN that seems like they are over paying a shit ton?
    This is the current world of college football.

We need to recognize that the poker adage of pay to play is here and it's happening now. If you think 5 million a year is reasonable, you're just wrong. We aren't competing against 5 million a year anymore. We are competing against Saban, Kelly, Jimbo, Kiffin, Harsin, and Pittman. Leach, Pittman, and Harsin are the only ones that make 5 million or less per year. Everyone else makes above 7.

We've got to continue working towards making a bigger commitment to salaries to keep up. The game is quickly changing in the west and we will be left behind if we don't adjust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This is the current world of college football.

We need to recognize that the poker adage of pay to play is here and it's happening now. If you think 5 million a year is reasonable, you're just wrong. We aren't competing against 5 million a year anymore. We are competing against Saban, Kelly, Jimbo, Kiffin, Harsin, and Pittman. Leach, Pittman, and Harsin are the only ones that make 5 million or less per year. Everyone else makes above 7.

We've got to continue working towards making a bigger commitment to salaries to keep up. The game is quickly changing in the west and we will be left behind if we don't adjust.
    Makes me curious as to how much Leach's raise will be with his extension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Bbbbut everyone said Kiffin was good as gone, didn't want to be there, was one and done??

I told y'all he wasn't leaving. And he's going to be a problem. Already is.
    No... more people on here, including me, said he was staying. But carry on.

Just because Trapgame started 3-4 threads so he could talk about Kiffin leaving doesn't mean we ALL believed it.

He should be known in the same light as Bert Stare.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 12-04-2021 at 09:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    No... more people on here, including me, said he was staying. But carry on.

Just because Trapgame started 3-4 threads so he could talk about Kiffin leaving doesn't mean we ALL believed it.

He should be known in the same light as Bert Stare.
    Bert Stare had "inside information". I had Twitter and Reddit. I never said I knew anything, just relaying what I found.

I thought rumors were encouraged around here?

vCash
    Bert Stare had "inside information". I had Twitter and Reddit. I never said I knew anything, just relaying what I found.

They are, just giving you sh*t. I was hoping you were right, but I would like it better if he stayed and flopped with a decimated team. Hell, they were throwing him to the curb after losing to Auburn anyway.

vCash
    Yeah. Because their schedule is Johnny Vaught easy next year.
    Thats an excuse.hell we had vandy and kentucky this year and won 7 and we have people that want to hang a statue. Kiffen is a good coach. I'd prefer he leave sooner rather than later.

vCash

Bert stare is a troll and didn't know shit.... so there's that

vCash
    Ole Miss seems to always avoid Georgia. We are about to play them twice in three years. I don?t think they have played uga since freeze

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Ole Miss seems to always avoid Georgia. We are about to play them twice in three years. I don?t think they have played uga since freeze
    Plus we've played the last 3 games at Athens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Hope the rumors aren't from the same people that said "no chance Kiffin returns". .
    Did someone actually say this?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is