Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lane kiffin resigns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Thats an excuse.hell we had vandy and kentucky this year and won 7 and we have people that want to hang a statue. Kiffen is a good coach. I'd prefer he leave sooner rather than later.
    Sounds like most of Mullins good years too. And a lot of y'all wanted to build a statue for him. 4 winnable OOC + KY/Vandy, hell, that was the Byrne blueprint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Makes me curious as to how much Leach's raise will be with his extension.
    I'm more curious about assistant money because we need them to maintain consistent growth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    I'm more curious about assistant money because we need them to maintain consistent growth
    I meant to include that. Totally agree about the assistants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Sounds like most of Mullins good years too. And a lot of y'all wanted to build a statue for him. 4 winnable OOC + KY/Vandy, hell, that was the Byrne blueprint.
    Leach didn't win 4 ooc for one....and we get vandy a uk once every 6 years at best. I'm on the leach wagon. But this year was the year to get it.... and we failed. Period.

vCash
    Thats an excuse.hell we had vandy and kentucky this year and won 7 and we have people that want to hang a statue. Kiffen is a good coach. I'd prefer he leave sooner rather than later.
    Yeah. And we should have won 10. We'll see how they do with it next year.

vCash
    Not quite. Once Leach wins 10 games and gets to a NY6 bowl then it will be equal to Mullen. He still has a long way to go. I?m not a Leach hater but I need to see it to believe it will happen. Hopefully it happens next year but with UGA Bama @LSU on the schedule it will be tough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Not quite. Once Leach wins 10 games and gets to a NY6 bowl then it will be equal to Mullen. He still has a long way to go. I?m not a Leach hater but I need to see it to believe it will happen. Hopefully it happens next year but with UGA Bama @LSU on the schedule it will be tough.
    We'll win one of those. Maybe two.

And dang, why don't you throw in that fluke #1 Dan took us to. The year we lost 3 of 4 to end the season and looked like shit for most games after Auburn. Lost to a shitty OM team with a one legged QB. Guess Leach needs to win 10, NY6 and be #1 to equal Dan. And maybe win the West... oh, wait.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 12-04-2021 at 10:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Bbbbut everyone said Kiffin was good as gone, didn't want to be there, was one and done??

I told y'all he wasn't leaving. And he's going to be a problem. Already is.
    He didn't have an option to go anywhere else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    He didn't have an option to go anywhere else.
    Yep, not named in any openings. Sad.

vCash
    We'll win one of those. Maybe two.

And dang, why don't you throw in that fluke #1 Dan took us to. The year we lost 3 of 4 to end the season and looked like shit for most games after Auburn. Lost to a shitty OM team with a one legged QB. Guess Leach needs to win 10, NY6 and be #1 to equal Dan. And maybe win the West... oh, wait.
    I truly hope you don?t think our 2014 team and Dak making an Orange Bowl was a fluke. If you truly believe that I have no words

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I truly hope you don?t think our 2014 team and Dak making an Orange Bowl was a fluke. If you truly believe that I have no words
    Our rise to #1 was a fluke based on how we played for the last half of the season. One of the best teams in MSU history for more than half a season, but looked like a typical MSU team for the 2nd half. Anyone thinking we beat Bama that year wasn't paying attention to the KY and AR games. Horrible coaching and nothing to blame it on (ie major injuries)

ETA... Being the very first #1 team for the very first CFP poll is still 17'n amazing though. still wouldn't trade it for almost anything!
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 12-04-2021 at 11:09 PM.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    Wake me up when he has another top 10 NFL qb. They were a 7 win team without him
    They likely will Dillon Gabriel likely headed there and is a perfect fit for that offense. They will have a repeat of this year.

vCash
    Our rise to #1 was a fluke based on how we played for the last half of the season. One of the best teams in MSU history for more than half a season, but looked like a typical MSU team for the 2nd half. Anyone thinking we beat Bama that year wasn't paying attention to the KY and AR games. Horrible coaching and nothing to blame it on (ie major injuries)

ETA... Being the very first #1 team for the very first CFP poll is still 17'n amazing though. still wouldn't trade it for almost anything!
    Well to be fair, we had a head coach/OC who thought he was on his way out of town and a DC that the head coach practically run off to another school. So we were dang near playing with no coach who gave a shit....

vCash
    He will end up wherever Lebby is... I dont look for Lebby to be with Kiffin next year at all. And why are we already talking like Gabrielle is the next Matt Corrall?? Some of yall just dont realize how good Corrall was as bad as I hate to say it... He churned that whole offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Well to be fair, we had a head coach/OC who thought he was on his way out of town and a DC that the head coach practically run off to another school. So we were dang near playing with no coach who gave a shit....
    Absolutely agree. What a waist of Dak and that D. Sigh...

vCash
    Told y'all he would sign the extension. He will also keep the offense running at a high level. The dude can coach offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    They likely will Dillon Gabriel likely headed there and is a perfect fit for that offense. They will have a repeat of this year.
    No. 17'n. Way. Zero chance to repeat this year. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Told y'all he would sign the extension. He will also keep the offense running at a high level. The dude can coach offense
    You sound like an Ole Miss fan.

vCash
    Maybe so. But half or more of this board said 8 was the absolute most they could win cause the defense would suck. Just give credit where credit is due. They should take a dip next year. But don't bank on some epic drop.
    Years ago they would have tanked after a season like this.

Transfer portal and promised NIL deals will refortify their team and they will be competitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Yep. You and a lot of us. SEC West will be brutal next year, us better, AU better, LSU better, AR, Bama and TAM about the same, at least. Lane has missed his chance to bolt, but alas, no one wanted him.