Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lane kiffin resigns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    You sound like an Ole Miss fan.
    I'm not. Just realistic on how he can coach offense. Will they achieve 10 wins again next year? Most likely not, but he will have a winning record and the Egg bowl will be another battle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I'm not. Just realistic on how he can coach offense. Will they achieve 10 wins again next year? Most likely not, but he will have a winning record and the Egg bowl will be another battle.
    I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Our rise to #1 was a fluke based on how we played for the last half of the season. One of the best teams in MSU history for more than half a season, but looked like a typical MSU team for the 2nd half. Anyone thinking we beat Bama that year wasn't paying attention to the KY and AR games. Horrible coaching and nothing to blame it on (ie major injuries)

ETA... Being the very first #1 team for the very first CFP poll is still 17'n amazing though. still wouldn't trade it for almost anything!
    I don't think it was a fluke. If we don't do the 1A/1B thing on defense I think we go 11-1 at worst. The way that season ended was mostly on Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Years ago they would have tanked after a season like this.

Transfer portal and promised NIL deals will refortify their team and they will be competitive.
    The transfer portal isn't exactly a magic bullet. Most of their best players were not transfers. Not much different than MSU relying heavily on JUCO's. We may have a year where we have a lot of hits like 1999 and just as likely to bust like we did in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Yep. You and a lot of us. SEC West will be brutal next year, us better, AU better, LSU better, AR, Bama and TAM about the same, at least. Lane has missed his chance to bolt, but alas, no one wanted him.
    I think Auburn will be worse. I think we broke them. They have some key players in the portal and I'm not sure that Harsin is a good fit there. Arkansas is dependent on their coordinators and if they leave who they replace them with. Big unknown at this point. They're essentially like LSU under Coach O without the generational talent at QB. LSU I think will be about the same. Transition year for them. Ole Miss depends on how they do with the transfer portal. Law of averages says they will be worse. Probably will need a new OC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    You mean how Lebby can coach offense? The reality is if the shoe was on the other foot and we were losing 14-17 starters/contributors and a Heisman contender QB at a minimum- I could see Ealy and their LT declaring for the draft as well but that remains to be seen- we would be talking about "pumping the brakes" for next year. Funny how it's Ole Miss's coach is going to work some magic and make everything a repeat of this year even though no one- including Kiffin himself- has any idea who or what their starting lineup will look like at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You mean how Lebby can coach offense? The reality is if the shoe was on the other foot and we were losing 14-17 starters/contributors and a Heisman contender QB at a minimum- I could see Ealy and their LT declaring for the draft as well but that remains to be seen- we would be talking about "pumping the brakes" for next year. Funny how it's Ole Miss's coach is going to work some magic and make everything a repeat of this year even though no one- including Kiffin himself- has any idea who or what their starting lineup will look like at this point.
    I do not think he will have another 10 win season unless he miraculously gets another top round QB. I also do not think that the entire reason their offense was good solely Corral/Lebby combo. I think Kiffin had a role and I am sure he will figure out a way to keep his offense clicking. Now will they be the same this year? No but I do expect him to keep them competitive

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Bert stare is a troll and didn't know shit.... so there's that
    You are full of shit if you believe what you post. I know prominent sports folks posted here this week I text with. Bert was pretty spot on with everything until Billy went against his initial gentleman agreements. Bert didn?t think Billy was stupid enough to head into a dead end job no upside.

Thank God he did. Let him real and sow in a place than only sows. 17 them

vCash
    Something some of yall are forgetting.... This year when OM won 10 games, THATS THE FIRST TIME IT HAS EVER HAPPENED.... It took Corral and a veteran team to do it, along with a schedule containing a horrible Louisville, Vandy, a T A&M where Jimbo decided to not run the ball, a really bad LSU, a shoot out against Arkansas, a ref screwing against Tenn, us dropping 4 TDs in a half, and not to mention Tulane, AP, and the fighting Freezes (who dang near come back on them).

Don't get me wrong, Ole Miss was good this year, but lets stop acting like Kiffin is some damn savior. The man is more worried about trolling twitter and making "look at me" moments. For christ sake, the guy was suppose to be an all world recruiter and they are dead ass last in the SEC right now... The man is nothing more than a high school kid trapped in a mans body...

I would be worried about loosing Lebby instead of Kiffin. Lebby is the one going to bring the UCF qb, not Kiffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    They likely will Dillon Gabriel likely headed there and is a perfect fit for that offense. They will have a repeat of this year.
    Have you done a lot of research on the success of portal QBs, and their ability to replicate the same success at their future destinations, especially when they're taking a HUGE step up in the competition level?? ...the sample size is small, but it's not good...look no further than a certain west coast QB who used to wear maroon and white.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    He will end up wherever Lebby is... I dont look for Lebby to be with Kiffin next year at all. And why are we already talking like Gabrielle is the next Matt Corrall?? Some of yall just dont realize how good Corrall was as bad as I hate to say it... He churned that whole offense.
    Kiffin calls the plays and dictates where the ball generally goes. Any legitimate Qb that can make the throws has high numbers. Any viable transfer will be plug and play. He's been successful with EVERY starter he's had.

vCash
    So Kiffin staying, a NY6 bowl, does this make Manning III in oxford a done deal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    So Kiffin staying, a NY6 bowl, does this make Manning III in oxford a done deal?
    Probably the opposite.

vCash
    Something some of yall are forgetting.... This year when OM won 10 games, THATS THE FIRST TIME IT HAS EVER HAPPENED.... It took Corral and a veteran team to do it, along with a schedule containing a horrible Louisville, Vandy, a T A&M where Jimbo decided to not run the ball, a really bad LSU, a shoot out against Arkansas, a ref screwing against Tenn, us dropping 4 TDs in a half, and not to mention Tulane, AP, and the fighting Freezes (who dang near come back on them).

Don't get me wrong, Ole Miss was good this year, but lets stop acting like Kiffin is some damn savior. The man is more worried about trolling twitter and making "look at me" moments. For christ sake, the guy was suppose to be an all world recruiter and they are dead ass last in the SEC right now... The man is nothing more than a high school kid trapped in a mans body...

I would be worried about loosing Lebby instead of Kiffin. Lebby is the one going to bring the UCF qb, not Kiffin.
    Good post. They essentially had a season like our 1999 season and that's unsustainable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    You are full of shit if you believe what you post. I know prominent sports folks posted here this week I text with. Bert was pretty spot on with everything until Billy went against his initial gentleman agreements. Bert didn?t think Billy was stupid enough to head into a dead end job no upside.

Thank God he did. Let him real and sow in a place than only sows. 17 them
    You think what you want to think......

vCash

Thanks for the clarity. Some folks need to read this post until it finally sinks in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Thanks for the clarity. Some folks need to read this post until it finally sinks in.
    Agree, but 2 things to consider-
    OM will finish stronger in recruiting than what we are seeing. Him sitting on that extension did them no favors. He finished top 20 last year.

Dillon may go to OM without Lebby. If Lebby goes OU, he?s not going there. Caleb Williams. If he goes LSU, he?s not following there. Max Johnson. If he goes ULL, Gabriel doesn?t follow there, he?d be better staying at UCF.

vCash
    Exactly- Cristobal is going to take the Miami job. Lame was 2nd choice had that fallen thru. He didnt have a choice.

He did a good coaching job this year. Them getting better on defense was the key to that. They are losing alot of players tho. We'll see how his recruiting has been going and what they can find in the portal for next year. They will be decent for sure.

Leach is the one I'm worried about. We were "young" all year this year I heard so that means we will alot better next year. Ready to see that.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Agree, but 2 things to consider-
    OM will finish stronger in recruiting than what we are seeing. Him sitting on that extension did them no favors. He finished top 20 last year.

Dillon may go to OM without Lebby. If Lebby goes OU, he?s not going there. Caleb Williams. If he goes LSU, he?s not following there. Max Johnson. If he goes ULL, Gabriel doesn?t follow there, he?d be better staying at UCF.
    Ole Miss recruiting reporters are indicating that they are going to hit the portal hard. What that does to their recruiting long term remains to be seen.

vCash
    Ole Miss recruiting reporters are indicating that they are going to hit the portal hard. What that does to their recruiting long term remains to be seen.
    If that tells you anything, Kiffin is not in this for the long haul, he's just going to try and plug and play transfers until Florida State possibly opens next year or another bigger southern job

I'll tell you a sec west school more on the rise than ole miss... and that's Arkansas... did yall see that Oklahoma wr transfer they got yesterday? that will replace burkes immediately.
    Arkansas is going to be a problem next year most likely but they have a pretty hard schedule

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2022/team/arkansas

vCash
    You got me excited

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    If that tells you anything, Kiffin is not in this for the long haul, he's just going to try and plug and play transfers until Florida State possibly opens next year or another bigger southern job

I'll tell you a sec west school more on the rise than ole miss... and that's Arkansas... did yall see that Oklahoma wr transfer they got yesterday? that will replace burkes immediately.
    Arkansas is going to be a problem next year most likely but they have a pretty hard schedule

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2022/team/arkansas
    This entire situation also says that Kiffin wanted Miami more than they wanted him.

Arkansas will be about what they typically are.

vCash
    This entire situation also says that Kiffin wanted Miami more than they wanted him.

Arkansas will be about what they typically are.
    If Arkansas keeps both coordinators they will be a big winner on the coaching carousel.