Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia/Alabama

vCash
    Watching the Cincinnati game, they would get beat by every team in the SEC west.

vCash
    Did we really think Bama would just fold?

Saban is the greatest of all time for a reason

vCash
    I wonder if they ride Bennett or we see Daniels? I know it's early, but if Bama scores here... defense is going to be out of gas.

vCash
    TD here and it?s over. If Bama goes up 21-10 before the half, they roll through the rest of it. UGA looks to be on the verge of crumbling.

vCash
    The fact that Georgia is starting a walk-on at qb is just dumb. How bad has their qb recruiting been?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    This shows you just how much of a gauntlet the west was this year. People think Bama is down. I have said all year, the west is TOUGH. Top to bottom.
    Bama is down. SECW is balanced. UGA getting outcoached again right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Watching the Cincinnati game, they would get beat by every team in the SEC west.
    I agree. If they make it in. They will be the Notre Dame/Oklahoma of the playoff. Get blown out in the semis and nothing will be said.

We need

UGA
    Michigan

Bama
    Baylor

That's the only way to have a competitive playoff.

vCash
    So let's play a hypothetical scenario.

Let's say Houston beats Cincy, and UGA comes back to beat Bama. I'll assume Michigan wins too.

Who gets spots #3 and #4?

Notre Dame probably gets one. So it comes down to a 1 loss Cincy, a 2 loss Bama, a 2 loss Ohio State, a 2 loss conference champion in Baylor, and a 2 loss Oklahoma State who lost to Baylor. Who takes that spot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

Let's say Houston beats Cincy, and UGA comes back to beat Bama. I'll assume Michigan wins too.

Notre Dame probably gets one. So it comes down to a 1 loss Cincy, a 2 loss Bama, a 2 loss Ohio State, a 2 loss conference champion in Baylor, and a 2 loss Oklahoma State who lost to Baylor. Who takes that spot?
    Baylor and a 2 loss Bama. That would be the 4 best teams.

I doubt it goes like that though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Bama is down. SECW is balanced. UGA getting outcoached again right now.
    Bama is down by Bama standards. Let?s not act as if they weren?t still head and shoulders the most talented team in the West. I agree that Saban is coaching circles around Kirby.

Young is putting on a show.

vCash

Bama
    They find a way not to have UGA play Bama again back to back, though, so ND comes in at 4.

vCash

Bama, they way they're playing right now. Baylor's too far out of the picture to make the top 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Bama is down by Bama standards. Let?s not act as if they weren?t still head and shoulders the most talented team in the West. I agree that Saban is coaching circles around Kirby.

Young is putting on a show.
    Never said Bama wasn't talented. Talent and on the field performance ain't the same thing. Bama has been average all year - Florida, LSU, TAMU, UT, AU. Bama standards is all there is, not comparing to MSU standards.

vCash
    i am drinking to much to answer that question

vCash
    Just here to say SEC East was hot garbage this year

vCash
    Kirby gonna have to go the Saban route and stop meddling in the offense and actually run a modern offensive scheme if he wants a natty.

vCash
    That was a BS holding call on 86

vCash
    it so enjoyable watching both georgia fans and Bama fans in anguish whe the other team scores

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Watching this game and how close the games in the west were, it?s not even close between the two divisions. The west was the most competitive this year it has been on a while and every team below Bama could beat any other on any given Saturday. Just look at who beat who. Lsu and auburn had down years by their records but could have easily had a few more wins. State too. With just a little luck in a few games, someone else could have won the west and the west winner is stone walking the #1 team right now.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    it so enjoyable watching both georgia fans and Bama fans in anguish whe the other team scores
    You think the dogs in both states are hiding under the trailers until about 5 pm tomorrow?