Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IYOK, what's the story on Cam East decommitting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Let's not play the our staff know the meaning of commitment game. ESP when we've dropped 4-5 kids just this cycle who have been loyal to MSU & played no games.
    There’s no doubt about it that’s the name of the game but this close to early signing period and someone has consistently acted shady it’s prudent to cut them loose. Especially when all signs point to a set up. I’m fine with not playing games like that because state is always left looking like the jilted lover. If you are clearly in the game then yeah keep playing to have them sign but when all signs point to something else it’s best for state to move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I mean, welcome to big boy recruiting. I'm glad you weren't in charge of signing Chris Jones.
    Chris Jones was a different era before the early NSD. I would imagine that he would have signed early because if I remember correctly he blew up at the Under Armour All-Star Game in January.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    And Leach isn't one to play games with!
    I think our staff has a pretty good idea of who is and isn't playing games.

Dan and Joe probably would have jumped right after Bryson Hurst after he de-committed.

vCash
    The reason State landed Jones is because he had a close personal relationship with his high school coach. His high school is a State fan.

If it wasn't for that relationship.... well good thing there was that relationship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Robbie Faulk has been hinting at this for a while. Expected to sign with ole miss now?
    Is this one of those Ole Miss games where they try to get us not to recruit another Oline and then he flips at the last minute? Dan fell for it every year and we would end up signing someone that wasn't good enough to play at USM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Is this one of those Ole Miss games where they try to get us not to recruit another Oline and then he flips at the last minute? Dan fell for it every year and we would end up signing someone that wasn't good enough to play at USM.
    Sometimes you get lucky and sign Elgton Jenkins, though that's the exception.