Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: IYOK, what's the story on Cam East decommitting?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13,742
    vCash
    2510

    IYOK, what's the story on Cam East decommitting?

    nm

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,372
    vCash
    139563
    Aubbie called his dad and told him that he could build a new church.

  3. #3
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,595
    vCash
    3190
    He wanted to wait & sign in February. Likely to continue to enjoy the recruiting process. The staff wanted him to sign in December. Gave him a you're either in or you're out & well we see he's uncommitted now.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13,742
    vCash
    2510
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He wanted to wait & sign in February. Likely to continue to enjoy the recruiting process. The staff wanted him to sign in December. Gave him a you're either in or you're out & well we see he's uncommitted now.
    Yikes. Not sure about that strategy.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,164
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yikes. Not sure about that strategy.
    Me either... but that's their job....

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,703
    vCash
    3100
    If a player is committed and doesnt sign in December he is not committed.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,664
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If a player is committed and doesnt sign in December he is not committed.
    Truth

  8. #8
    Senior Member maroonmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    17,780
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If a player is committed and doesnt sign in December he is not committed.
    True, but no real reason to force the issue unless you have somebody else as good ready to sign in his place in December.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,164
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    True, but no real reason to force the issue unless you have somebody else as good ready to sign in his place in December.
    This^

  10. #10
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    63,431
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yikes. Not sure about that strategy.
    Not sure we the type of program to make these type of demands, but at least you have time to replace a kid rather than lose them at the end

  11. #11
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,595
    vCash
    3190
    I don't really agree but they've been pretty consistent on this method. Did the same last year.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    484
    vCash
    3275
    I have no say in the matter, but how are you to move forward as a program with a cloud of indecision hanging over your head. Early signing period is there for a reason, it lets you know what you have and what you need. I am all for them pushing their commits to early signing. If you don’t sign in December but have been committed prior, we’re you really committed in the first place? You treat it like you are in or not, if not, good luck to you and we will fill your spot with someone who is. Builds your team and helps you truly plan for the season because you know what you have.

  13. #13
    Senior Member KOdawg1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    8,386
    vCash
    966500
    I'm fine with the "shit or get off the pot" strategy as long as you replace him with someone of equal talent.

    East was pretty good though, so that won't be easy.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,372
    vCash
    139563
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I have no say in the matter, but how are you to move forward as a program with a cloud of indecision hanging over your head. Early signing period is there for a reason, it lets you know what you have and what you need. I am all for them pushing their commits to early signing. If you don’t sign in December but have been committed prior, we’re you really committed in the first place? You treat it like you are in or not, if not, good luck to you and we will fill your spot with someone who is. Builds your team and helps you truly plan for the season because you know what you have.
    This.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,786
    vCash
    3200
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yikes. Not sure about that strategy.
    I would say it depends upon how you feel about others you are recruiting. If [B]you[B] feel ok then you say bye.

    You being the one being paid 5 mil.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,304
    vCash
    62490
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I don't really agree but they've been pretty consistent on this method. Did the same last year.
    Robbie Faulk has been hinting at this for a while. Expected to sign with ole miss now?

  17. #17
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,595
    vCash
    3190
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Robbie Faulk has been hinting at this for a while. Expected to sign with ole miss now?
    He's not signing in the early period. I expect his recruitment blows up after the early signing period. OL still available after the ESP are like gold. He'll have plenty options.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,698
    vCash
    3828
    Hate to lose out on any good OL but did we really have him if he won't sign. Leach seems like a no BS kind of guy so if you commit he expects you to sign. And I can understand that. He may treat the situation a little different if he hadn't committed but wanted to wait till Feb. When East did what he did( commit but not sign) that just sounds like you are keeping us as a fallback plan while really looking for a " better option" in his opinion. I don't think I would put up with that either. I could respect him more if just never committed and explored all options and chose a school in Feb.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    550
    vCash
    3100
    It is much better strategy to sign a slightly less talented player in December then sign no player for that position in February because one of our ?commits? wanted to enjoy the process. I like this policy.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    663
    vCash
    3700
    I don't understand why anyone would want to be at the whims of a high school kid. If he doesn't want to sign now, then tell him we are going to have to look elsewhere. The egos on the kids now are horrible. Way too many people on social media flaming those egos these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.