Thread: Does it not bother anybody

vCash

Does it not bother anybody

That Brian Kelly is leaving a playoff contender before they finish the season. I got no respect for that guy anymore. If I was an LSU fan, it would concern me that we are hiring a guy that selfish. And I get the early signing period. But this is trash. In my opinion, schools should be fined for hiring away coaches before the season is over. At some point we have to protect the young men playing. I get it if it's just another bowl game but this is amateur to me.

vCash
    Naw, LSU is over paying for a guy to win 7 or 8 games a season. He thinks he can just smile and win as he did @ ND. It ain't happening like that in the SEC.

vCash
    The fans of the school getting the coach don't care as they're on the receiving end. Be honest, if Saban out of the blue texted Cohen and said I want to be your coach and I'll start tomorrow, would you give two shits about any of the alabama players?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    The fans of the school getting the coach don't care as they're on the receiving end. Be honest, if Saban out of the blue texted Cohen and said I want to be your coach and I'll start tomorrow, would you give two shits about any of the alabama players?
    Honestly, I would. But I know that won't happen because Nick wouldn't do that. With a playoff on the line.

vCash
    Kelly isn't known to be a good guy. He's arrogant like Dan but with less morals. There's a reason his staff didn't go with him. LSU was foolish to give in to so many ways for him to get paid. They'll be paying buyouts forever. Couldn't happen to a better bunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Kelly isn't known to be a good guy. He's arrogant like Dan but with less morals. There's a reason his staff didn't go with him. LSU was foolish to give in to so many ways for him to get paid. They'll be paying buyouts forever. Couldn't happen to a better bunch.
    Yea the stories that have come about him in the last 48 hours are something. Woof

vCash
    This is an extremely underwhelming hire to me.

vCash
    He isn't employed by ND anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    He isn't employed by ND anymore.
    Obviously

vCash
    Yes. It has bothered me for some time that coaches are fired or hired away before seasons end. I'm glad to see the national media take notice too.

It is obvious the biggest drivers of the timing of firing and hiring is the early signing day. Move signing day to August 1. Then close it until March 1. If a kid signs on August 1, his coach is fired between then and March 1. Allow the player to void the August LOI and reopen his recruitment if he so chooses.

vCash
    It is shitty, but he took an opportunity that may not come up again in his career is probably how he looked at it. Let's be honest, he knows there is no way in hell ND was beating UGA this year anyway.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    It does not bother me that he did it. It bothers me that college football’s signing day has forced his hand to have to do that. He has to put together a signing class in 2 weeks. He has to devote his time and energy to the school paying him 10 million dollars a year at this point. That isn’t on him. That’s on the situation caused by the ncaa’s signing day rules.

vCash
    That's not the point. Move the signing day(s) and the opportunity to move to LSU or USC are still there. Just after the conclusion of the season.

The point is to protect the season, bowls, players and signees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Weird hire to me, doesn't look to be a good fit for the future. He is known as an asshole and has disrespected his staff in the past.

Btw I have a couple of Lsu buddies not crazy about this hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Yea the stories that have come about him in the last 48 hours are something. Woof
    One story was he hosted a party at his house, he invited a few assistant coaches as well. When two of the assistants arrived, Kelly handed them snow shovels and told them to keep the driveway clean and park the guest cars as well get their cars as they depart. Coaches made statements they would never work for that asshole!

vCash
    I don't know the details. Did Notre Dame ask him to go ahead and go, or did he decide to leave? If it was him, I just find it odd. You worked so hard to get to this point, why wouldn't you want to finish it out? Even if I had issues with the school or whoever else, I'd want my shot in that last game. They still have a decent shot at the playoffs too. I just don't understand the mentality.

vCash
    Does not bother me at all screw Notre Dame. Notre Dame kept him after he killed that kid and yes sending that kid up that stand in high winds shows exactly how much he cares about anyone else but himself. It was a film for practice, practice I tell you and he didn't bother to care if he could be killed.

What do you expect from a narcissistic guy like that. He will fit right in at LSU and their children's hospital robbery.

Thing is, guys like that win football games. You don't have to be a narcissistic bastard that but it seems a bunch of them are like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    That Brian Kelly is leaving a playoff contender before they finish the season. I got no respect for that guy anymore. If I was an LSU fan, it would concern me that we are hiring a guy that selfish. And I get the early signing period. But this is trash. In my opinion, schools should be fined for hiring away coaches before the season is over. At some point we have to protect the young men playing. I get it if it's just another bowl game but this is amateur to me.
    Notre Dame lost to Cincinnati. I don't think this is their year. If Cincinnati loses and they sneak in, it's not going to make a big difference whether he's there. If somehow Cincinnati and Notre Dame make it, then the semi-final games are just warm ups for the championship game anyway.

vCash
    He's too polished for LSU. Something doesn't seem right.

vCash
    He fits in perfect in Red Stick. He’s an asshole