Thread: Mike Leach extension

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What about arnett?
    Bumped him to around 2 last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    That's not the only game that matters.
    He didn't say it was the only game that matters just having something about winning the egg bowl in the contract.

It would be a smart move. In next 4 years, asking him to get 2 wins is not unreasonable. That would be 2-4 in egg bowl to keep job. That ain't asking for much. It would be just a little something to give the school some leverage to get out if all the other games go south too.

It would be smart so I'm sure we wouldn't do it because much of our fanbase don't get it either.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    He didn't say it was the only game that matters just having something about winning the egg bowl in the contract.

It would be a smart move. In next 4 years, asking him to get 2 wins is not unreasonable. That would be 2-4 in egg bowl to keep job. That ain't asking for much. It would be just a little something to give the school some leverage to get out if all the other games go south too.

It would be smart so I'm sure we wouldn't do it because much of our fanbase don't get it either.
    Unless you have an incentive for beating all SEC West teams I hate it. It makes us seem so little brother. We'll give you extra money as long as we beat OM. That's all we care about.

vCash
    You have to get him back to 4 years and pay him well.

But the key is to make sure Arnett is paid well. Plus the other assistants. This is where we have failed over the years.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

You guys think Leach doesn't want to win the egg bowl and that writing a clause in the contract will make a difference ? OM has the better team this year.
    What else can Leach do ? He tries to get every ounce of effort out of the players. Sometimes you just get beat.

But one thing is for sure. He doesn't cheat. Whether that means he will be at a disadvantage to the other school I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorpedoIPA View Post
    You guys think Leach doesn't want to win the egg bowl and that writing a clause in the contract will make a difference ? OM has the better team this year.
    What else can Leach do ? He tries to get every ounce of effort out of the players. Sometimes you just get beat.

But one thing is for sure. He doesn't cheat. Whether that means he will be at a disadvantage to the other school I don't know.
    The SEC recruits differently. He's not on pace for his best recruiting class ever this year by accident.

vCash
    The SEC recruits differently. He's not on pace for his best recruiting class ever this year by accident.
    We don't know yet !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorpedoIPA View Post

A bunch of head coaches don't cheat. But their programs damn sure do. Don't be so naive man. You didnt come over on the mayflower..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    A bunch of head coaches don't cheat. But their programs damn sure do. Don't be so naive man. You didnt come over on the mayflower..
    Our class isnt trending because of Leach. People are so gullible. Our boosters have now bought into Leach- thats why our recruiting is trending
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    From where I was sitting last Thursday night, might need to incentivize the players to win the Bowl for the Egg Game. Pretty lackluster effort by all three units.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    If the EB is just another game, get them off the schedule when the sec expands. Request to be in a pod outside them.
    If we were to incentivize a win over any opponent on the schedule, it would be Bama first.

vCash
    Unless you have an incentive for beating all SEC West teams I hate it. It makes us seem so little brother. We'll give you extra money as long as we beat OM. That's all we care about.
    If Saban has a bonus for beating Auburn I wouldn't think that was little brother at all.

We can compete for championships and win the Egg Bowl.

No different than winning a Governor's Cup and the National Championship in the same year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If Saban has a bonus for beating Auburn I wouldn't think that was little brother at all.

We can compete for championships and win the Egg Bowl.

No different than winning a Governor's Cup and the National Championship in the same year.
    I don't see anything about beating Auburn as an incentive.

https://projects.newsday.com/college...ts/nick-saban/
    Last edited by Ifyouonlyknew; 12-02-2021 at 12:24 AM.

vCash
    I don't see anything about beating Auburn as an incentive.

https://projects.newsday.com/college...ts/nick-saban/
    It was a hypothetical. Not meant to be taken as fact.

Also I wouldn't mind bonuses for bowl games and beating Alabama and LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It was a hypothetical. Not meant to be taken as fact.

Also I wouldn't mind bonuses for bowl games and beating Alabama and LSU.
    I don't mind bonuses just not for beating OM. It just makes us look like we're satisfied with beating OM. Hey you beat LSU, A&M, & Auburn cool. You beat OM here's $200k. That seems crazy.

vCash
    This is it - for us to grow our program we have to be bigger than just that one game. Incentives for beating all SEC Teams or making a NY6 or SEC Championship Game.
    Last edited by DAWG1903; 12-02-2021 at 07:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

But the key is to make sure Arnett is paid well. Plus the other assistants. This is where we have failed over the years.
    Agree with this - assistants have not always been a priority for us. That must change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Failed over and over again.

vCash
    I don't mind bonuses just not for beating OM. It just makes us look like we're satisfied with beating OM. Hey you beat LSU, A&M, & Auburn cool. You beat OM here's $200k. That seems crazy.
    You don't give him a bonus for beating OM. You deduct from his salary for losing.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    If we were to incentivize a win over any opponent on the schedule, it would be Bama first.
    The norm in coaching contracts is incentives for all P5 wins. So, you give him incentives for all sec wins or don't include incentive for sec wins at all.

My point is Leach treats all the games the same. Rival or not. So get OM off the schedule and Bama for that matter. A sec schedule of Texas Missouri usc Kentucky and vandy would be good to me.