Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mike Leach extension

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I don't mind bonuses just not for beating OM. It just makes us look like we're satisfied with beating OM. Hey you beat LSU, A&M, & Auburn cool. You beat OM here's $200k. That seems crazy.
    It's a major rivalry game and beating them has a major impact on our fan base and our perception as a program locally which translates into more support. I don't think we should pretend like it's just another game either. We both know it's not. And when we hire an outsider non- MSU person as a coach they need to understand the impact of that game.

vCash
    As I've gotten older, beating OM has meant less and less. It's fun to beat up your asshole cousin, but in reality I only think about that asshole when I have to see him at Thanksgiving.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's a major rivalry game and beating them has a major impact on our fan base and our perception as a program locally which translates into more support. I don't think we should pretend like it's just another game either. We both know it's not. And when we hire an outsider non- MSU person as a coach they need to understand the impact of that game.
    Yes beating your rival is important. No you shouldn't get a bonus for beating OM but not beating Bama. That's insane.

vCash
    I think the best way to motivate regardless of team, for players and coaches, would be the threat of a firing squad after each loss. …………..

vCash
    Effort doesn't seem to be a problem this year. Leach talks about players trying to do too much and getting too frantic at times. In fact, once or twice he said we played better once we thought all was lost.

So I am wondering what you guys think Leach should do different in preparation for OM that he is not doing for Auburn or say...LSU. It sounds like the staff puts in grueling hours during the season anyway.

Leach did say one time that he spent more time thinking of new ways to practice than he did on trick plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TorpedoIPA View Post
    Effort doesn't seem to be a problem this year. Leach talks about players trying to do too much and getting too frantic at times. In fact, once or twice he said we played better once we thought all was lost.

So I am wondering what you guys think Leach should do different in preparation for OM that he is not doing for Auburn or say...LSU. It sounds like the staff puts in grueling hours during the season anyway.

Leach did say one time that he spent more time thinking of new ways to practice than he did on trick plays.

Speaking of trick plays, did anyone notice, since the Kentucky game since they had a bye week before they played us, the number of trick plays opponents ran against us? To me that says they are either scared of losing to us and are trying to find a way to win or they have no respect for us and want to humiliate us. In any case it pissed me off!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Speaking of trick plays, did anyone notice, since the Kentucky game since they had a bye week before they played us, the number of trick plays opponents ran against us? To me that says they are either scared of losing to us and are trying to find a way to win or they have no respect for us and want to humiliate us. In any case it pissed me off!
    They had to maximize the offense's possession b/c with our offense chewing some clock it was going to cut into their TOP and chances of scoring.

Just my theory.

vCash
    That would be me as an AD.

You don’t get a bonus for beating Mississippi. Beating them means we aren’t going to deduct 200K from your salary
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Unless you have an incentive for beating all SEC West teams I hate it. It makes us seem so little brother. We'll give you extra money as long as we beat OM. That's all we care about.
    I wasn't talking about money for a win. I was talking about being able to have some contract flexibility by the school is he didn't beat OM at least twice in next 4 years. Not paying him extra for something he is already supposed to do. But if he don't show something there, we ain't paying him the bank to get rid of him either say if he goes 0-4 and averages 6 wins a year. We would want that coach gone after 6 years. It just gives us an out. If a HC is scared of not being able to go 2-4 against his rival then he ain't the right guy anyway.

vCash
    I think Leach will get bumped up to $5.25 or $5.5 and money for assistants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I think Leach will get bumped up to $5.25 or $5.5 and money for assistants.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Leach is the first HC to ask to be paid in BITCOIN

vCash
    Ha Ha!!! That would be just like him.

vCash
    Leach: " You know money is just an object with a perceived value. You tell me this dollar is a dollar, and that coin is one quarter of that dollar, and it's backed by the government - but what is value and why a government? Why not a computer or a swami, or anyone else qualified to assign value and make their own money. You know Key West has the Conch Republic. I have some of those Conch Bucks from when they succeed from Florida every year and fire the canon down at the southern tip of the US and declare Key West its own country. Those Conch Bucks get you a drink at Captain Tony's. We sit with our rum in our shorts and flip flops and have a great time and sing Jimmy Buffett and people collect those Conch Bucks and you can buy them on the internet for ten times their value. But they still just get one drink at Captain Tony's, so two shots of rum is the value of a Conch Buck even though they are $25 on eBay and two shots of rum at Captain Tony's is only $14.50 But, that's the value of living in anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major issue like the value of a Conch Buck."
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    So we've got bitcoin and conch buck?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Kiffin got paid an extra couple hundred K for beating us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Kiffin got paid an extra couple hundred K for beating us.
    So did Freeze.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    He didn't say it was the only game that matters just having something about winning the egg bowl in the contract.

It would be a smart move. In next 4 years, asking him to get 2 wins is not unreasonable. That would be 2-4 in egg bowl to keep job. That ain't asking for much. It would be just a little something to give the school some leverage to get out if all the other games go south too.

It would be smart so I'm sure we wouldn't do it because much of our fanbase don't get it either.
    It's not asking for much but it's also just a bad message. First, you have to look at results as a whole. It's weird to say 2-46 over a four year period with two wins over Ole Miss does not give cause for termination, but 45-3 with 3 losses to Ole Miss would be cause for terminating the contract.
    Second, I don't think any coaches at any P5 schools make losing cause for terminating a contract without a buyout. That's just not market and we wouldn't help ourselves by bucking the market that way in an lose/don't win situation for the coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    As I've gotten older, beating OM has meant less and less. It's fun to beat up your asshole cousin, but in reality I only think about that asshole when I have to see him at Thanksgiving.
    I have to see him every day of the week around here. Not losing that game MATTERS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It's not asking for much but it's also just a bad message. First, you have to look at results as a whole. It's weird to say 2-46 over a four year period with two wins over Ole Miss does not give cause for termination, but 45-3 with 3 losses to Ole Miss would be cause for terminating the contract.
    Second, I don't think any coaches at any P5 schools make losing cause for terminating a contract without a buyout. That's just not market and we wouldn't help ourselves by bucking the market that way in an lose/don't win situation for the coach.
    Well none of us work in the agent field. Everything is open for negotiations. I also didn't say you fire someone over egg bowl record. It just gives you some leverage if other things are bad too and it puts a little emphasis on the rivalry.