Thread: A just in case heads up

vCash

A just in case heads up

Last couple runs the models have been trending towards a possible severe threat during the overnight hours next Tuesday for north MS and western TN. Still far from certain this far out but wanted to mention it since a lot of people don't think about severe weather this time of year. As it stands now, even if it does materialize it's not looking to be a huge outbreak as moisture return and instability look to be limited and wind profiles are not ideal. That said, there looks to be just enough juice in the atmosphere with ample wind shear to touch off a few strong to severe storms if things play out. Main threats look to be damaging straight line winds and a couple danger noodles.

We had an extraordinarily quiet November so we'll see how active December is.
    Last edited by starkvegasdawg; 12-01-2021 at 03:09 PM.

vCash
    Tonight? My weather app is showing a 4% chance of rain.

vCash
    On which day?

vCash
    Sorry. Next Tuesday. It's been a hell of a day. Have to excuse me.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Sorry. Next Tuesday. It's been a hell of a day. Have to excuse me.
    Considering today is Wednesday, anyone with a clue of reality knew you meant the following Tuesday and didn?t channel your inner Marty McFly and travel back a couple days to give a forecast.

You must forgive him. His dearly beloved Don getting canned has him in denial.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Considering today is Wednesday, anyone with a clue of reality knew you meant the following Tuesday and didn?t channel your inner Marty McFly and travel back a couple days to give a forecast.

You must forgive him. His dearly beloved Don getting canned has him in denial.
    I actually went back and edited my original thread to include the day. I had left the day out completely.

Starting to see a couple chasers on twitter talking about it now.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I actually went back and edited my original thread to include the day. I had left the day out completely.

Starting to see a couple chasers on twitter talking about it now.
    Ha. Hopefully it doesn?t turn out bad. Plants down here in Nola don?t know what to do. 70 one day. 50 the next. And then back to 70. I?m just praying for no hard freezes this year. Hurricane beat up my prized tropicals. Finally getting back to looking normal. A freeze will burn them and set em back until May at earliest before they pretty up.

vCash
    Update on next week:

The SPC has now outlined a severe threat for tomorrow night for portions of extreme NW MS. Damaging winds and a couple of tornadoes are the main threat. Tuesday still looks wet but the severe threat appears diminished. However, all focus is now turning towards next weekend where signs are pointing towards a severe threat...potentially significant. Seven days into the future is an eternity as far as weather goes, but I just don't have a good feeling about this one. Maybe it's just my cold kicking my ass and I need some more NyQuil.

vCash
    Update on next week:

The SPC has now outlined a severe threat for tomorrow night for portions of extreme NW MS. Damaging winds and a couple of tornadoes are the main threat. Tuesday still looks wet but the severe threat appears diminished. However, all focus is now turning towards next weekend where signs are pointing towards a severe threat...potentially significant. Seven days into the future is an eternity as far as weather goes, but I just don't have a good feeling about this one. Maybe it's just my cold kicking my ass and I need some more NyQuil.
    It's been really warm the past couple of days - low to mid 70s - and really windy this past Wednesday. Wouldn't be surprised to see some storms before we cool down again. Today, we had fog all day long and light rain at times but it wasn't cold - topped out around 60.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Ha. Hopefully it doesn?t turn out bad. Plants down here in Nola don?t know what to do. 70 one day. 50 the next. And then back to 70. I?m just praying for no hard freezes this year. Hurricane beat up my prized tropicals. Finally getting back to looking normal. A freeze will burn them and set em back until May at earliest before they pretty up.
    Assumed you were in Baton Rouge, given your screen name.

vCash
    Last couple runs the models have been trending towards a possible severe threat during the overnight hours next Tuesday for north MS and western TN. Still far from certain this far out but wanted to mention it since a lot of people don't think about severe weather this time of year. As it stands now, even if it does materialize it's not looking to be a huge outbreak as moisture return and instability look to be limited and wind profiles are not ideal. That said, there looks to be just enough juice in the atmosphere with ample wind shear to touch off a few strong to severe storms if things play out. Main threats look to be damaging straight line winds and a couple danger noodles.

We had an extraordinarily quiet November so we'll see how active December is.
    Let's check with PHGdawg first. He can lick his finger, point it at the sky and predict the weather. Didn't even need a degree... lolz

vCash
    Please for the love of god can I get around 1.5-2 inches of rain around Memphis/N MS...

vCash
    It's so foggy in Gulfport, well like we used to say in the Army/ OClub time