Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting take from PTI

vCash

Interesting take from PTI

The question was, "Does it make sense for Kelly going to Lsu"?
    They thought it was crazy on his part for many really good reasons. One was in is a northern guy and will the LSU culture trust him and can he fit in?
    Also they as I, think it will be much harder winning a Natty at Lsu, much tougher competition.
    Kelly will win but man the pressure he will be under is gonna be interesting.
    Weird to me but he did double his salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    They thought it was crazy on his part for many really good reasons. One was in is a northern guy and will the LSU culture trust him and can he fit in?
    Also they as I, think it will be much harder winning a Natty at Lsu, much tougher competition.
    Kelly will win but man the pressure he will be u fee is gonna be interesting.
    Kelly is chasing a Natty.

vCash
    ND hasn't won a natty since 1988. The last 3 coaches at LSU have won one

vCash
    The way he recruited at ND he he will be able to touch top 3 class every year at LSU. the academic standards between ND and LSU are the same as the University of Mississippi and morality.

He’s a good coach and he is a about to have the top shelf of talent to work with.

vCash
    Even though Saban is from WV, he coached up north. So that won't matter at all. They just chewed up a coon ass.
    ND can't win a championship without a conference. Just not happening. And their educational standards hurt them too. With the changes happening in the conferences, you better be in one of the big ones. Big boy money is flying around. I retarded alligator could win at least one Natty there if O can.
    Really, he went for that $95MM. ND won't touch that.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 11-30-2021 at 10:22 PM.

vCash
    U serious Clark????

ND hasnt won a NC in 33 years.

LSU has won or played for a title 4 times in the last 18 years with 3 different coaches.

Much easier to build a NC team at LSU then ND. Schedule is tougher- but so is your team
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    U serious Clark????

LSU has won or played for a title 4 times in the last 18 years with 3 different coaches.

Much easier to build a NC team at LSU then ND. Schedule is tougher- but so is your team
    Maybe so but it doesn't look like a good fit. Sec is gonna be a better and tougher moving forward. PTI had some interesting take on this subject. As far as Kelly, let's see who he gets on his staff before thinking he is gonna win a Natty. Also I bet ND upgrades in their next HC.

vCash
    Really doesnt matter who ND hires- they arent going to win a NC. They cant recruit the DL or WR athletes needed. LSU can

Ohio State has killed it in recruiting and they keep getting exposed and beat every year in the playoff. Same will happen no matter who ND hires. The South is where you win a title
    Last edited by Coach34; 11-30-2021 at 11:16 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Maybe so but it doesn't look like a good fit. Sec is gonna be a better and tougher moving forward. PTI had some interesting take on this subject. As far as Kelly, let's see who he gets on his staff before thinking he is gonna win a Natty. Also I bet ND upgrades in their next HC.
    I am curious to see what kind of offense he will run at LSU. Does he go the Joe Brady RPO/pro-style route? Or does he essentially go spread option?

vCash
    U serious Clark????

C34 is spot on.

Is it a given he wins titles at LSU? No! You still have to be able to coach. The point is that there won't any team be more talented than his, not even Alabama. He will be on equal footing with all the rest of the Blue Bloods for the first time.

Scheme and coaching will only take you so far. You cannot win without the players, especially in the trenches. You may can scheme some offense up with mediocre skill players here and there but if you can't block there is no hope. On defense there are no positions you can do without the best players. The teams that get the best players, play the best defense. It's easy to scheme a defense when you have several Chris Jones or Jeffery Simmons types in your two deep. The ACC defensive player of the year is a Georgia transfer that could not get playing time. There is no wonder Georgia is so good defensively.

If he can't win one now, there are no more excuses. Sometimes a guy has to see what he can do and he is getting paid.

vCash
    Also, ND has restrictions. You have to have a higher SAT/ACT to even enroll.

vCash
    LSU will win a national title within the next 5 seasons.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2025/team/lsu

Also, their 2025 schedule may be the hardest football schedule I've ever seen.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2022/team/lsu
    He should Go AT MINIMUM next year 9-3 , anything less and the coonasses will be on his ass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    LSU will win a national title within the next 5 seasons.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2025/team/lsu

Also, their 2025 schedule may be the hardest football schedule I've ever seen.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2022/team/lsu
    He should Go AT MINIMUM next year 9-3 , anything less and the coonasses will be on his ass
    I doubt that schedule happens. I'll bet OU and the Donghorns have found their way to the SEC by then, and they will probably be in the West w/o Bama and Auburn.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I doubt that schedule happens. I'll bet OU and the Donghorns have found their way to the SEC by then, and they will probably be in the West w/o Bama and Auburn.
    Getting away from saban and Alabama is a wet dream.

But once texas and Oklahoma get into the sec I think we will be done with divisions in the sec

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Getting away from saban and Alabama is a wet dream.

But once texas and Oklahoma get into the sec I think we will be done with divisions in the sec
    Because Alabama will not be ok being in the same division as georgia

vCash
    Any one can win at LSU. Coach O won he just didn't win enough. Kelly is going to have to prove to me he is a good coach.

vCash
    I feel fairly confident that Kelly ends up being their best coach since Saban. Their floor will be higher with him than it was with Miles and Orgeron, on top of being able to win national titles every few years. I think there's a real chance they become another version of what Bama and Georgia are now. And if he manages to stick around after Saban retires, they could become the dominant team in the West as they were for most of the 2000's.

vCash
    Kelly will win but man the pressure he will be under is gonna be interesting.
    This also comes from the age of Kornheiser, Wilbon, and Lebatard. I?m early 40?s. When I was a kid, Notre Dame was a heralded program with a rich and storied history full of tradition. It was dying then, and no one wanted to see it. It?s been down for so long, but they are older than me and because of what it was during so much of their lives, they can?t see it for what it is. To them, those embers are just a raging fire waiting to ignite when in all reality, it?s probably over performing where it is. The fire is dying. That?s partially why I think they said that.

Not jumping into the rest of the conversation, but wanted to share where I believe that comment came from.

vCash
    Really doesnt matter who ND hires- they arent going to win a NC. They cant recruit the DL or WR athletes needed. LSU can

Ohio State has killed it in recruiting and they keep getting exposed and beat every year in the playoff. Same will happen no matter who ND hires. The South is where you win a title
    Excellent post Coach...

vCash
    The flip side here though is he can go 10-2, 9-3 at ND and be fine forever.

Making this kind of money, he has 4 years to win a natty or he's gone. Has to make a NY6 every other year at an absolute minimum or he's gone. Prob 3 out of every 4 years. Even that wasn't enough for Dan to survive one down year. Jimbo is the only coach who can get paid like that and turn in 8-4, 7-5, and 8-4 three out of four years (with the second most resources in the country).