Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: CFP 11/30

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Madison, Alabama
    Posts
    13,730
    vCash
    1886332

    CFP 11/30

    Georgia, Michigan, Alabama, Cincinnati

    How did Alabama remain in the top 4 after Saturday's performance?

  2. #2
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    63,347
    vCash
    10439
    Cinci and bama lose...

    Georgia
    Michigan
    Big 12 winner
    ND

    It would be quite strange for a playoff team to have an interim

  3. #3
    Senior Member Cooterpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,441
    vCash
    52714
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Georgia, Michigan, Alabama, Cincinnati

    How did Alabama remain in the top 4 after Saturday's performance?
    Same way Cincinnati has while struggling with half their pitiful schedule.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Madison, Alabama
    Posts
    13,730
    vCash
    1886332
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Same way Cincinnati has while struggling with half their pitiful schedule.
    Just looked at their schedule, and the only game they struggled in was a 7-point win over Navy. Their schedule is definitely pretty weak, but they won all of them, one of which was Notre Dame. Bama struggled in at least 3 games that they wound up winning (LSU, Florida, and Auburn). It's going to be interesting to see how Cincinnati does, assuming they get past Houston.

  5. #5
    TheDynastyIsDead TUSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    12,695
    vCash
    1176062
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Georgia, Michigan, Alabama, Cincinnati

    How did Alabama remain in the top 4 after Saturday's performance?
    They're covering their asses knowing it could sort itself out on its own,,,,
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

    No.


    Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

  6. #6
    Senior Member Cooterpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,441
    vCash
    52714
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Just looked at their schedule, and the only game they struggled in was a 7-point win over Navy. Their schedule is definitely pretty weak, but they won all of them, one of which was Notre Dame. Bama struggled in at least 3 games that they wound up winning (LSU, Florida, and Auburn). It's going to be interesting to see how Cincinnati does, assuming they get past Houston.
    Then you didn't watch them. They struggled for much of several games before pulling away, while playing absolutely nobody.

  7. #7
    TheDynastyIsDead TUSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    12,695
    vCash
    1176062
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Just looked at their schedule, and the only game they struggled in was a 7-point win over Navy. Their schedule is definitely pretty weak, but they won all of them, one of which was Notre Dame. Bama struggled in at least 3 games that they wound up winning (LSU, Florida, and Auburn). It's going to be interesting to see how Cincinnati does, assuming they get past Houston.
    The Tulsa Golden 'Canes almost took em to OT... Fumbled at the 1 inch line....

    Team SOS
    Alabama 18
    Okie St 24
    Notre Dame 38

    Georgia 51
    Cinci 87
    Michigan 36
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

    No.


    Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

  8. #8
    TheDynastyIsDead TUSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    12,695
    vCash
    1176062
    Cinci does have a pretty good RB, transfer J Ford from Bammer...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

    No.


    Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,414
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    They're covering their asses knowing it could sort itself out on its own,,,,
    Bingo there jarhead brother. Bammers lose Sat and Oklahoma St moves in to the playoff and the Bammers go to the Sugar.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    296
    vCash
    3000
    I believe Houston will handle Cincinnati on Saturday. Now with the Fickle to ND talk I believe that even more. Keep in mind this is a Cincinnati team that struggled with Tulane. Cincinnati was a 27.5 pt favorite, won by 19 but was only up 2 at halftime and 9 at the end of 3. Tulane had 4 turnovers in that game. Without the turnovers Cincinnati may not win that game.

  11. #11
    TheDynastyIsDead TUSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    12,695
    vCash
    1176062
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Bingo there jarhead brother. Bammers lose Sat and Oklahoma St moves in to the playoff and the Bammers go to the Sugar.
    I'm just hangin' on by the tiny hope that some things go our way... They got a comparably good "resume'"....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

    No.


    Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,223
    vCash
    3200
    What do y'all Cincinnati haters want them to do? Just go unbeaten for nothing and jerk it to a stupid bowl game? They tried to schedule some bigger games and they won them. It's hard to get up for every game and win by 50 at a G5, they don't have the depth for that over a 12 game season. I just don't understand the hate when there's nothing they can control about it. I mean does it make you feel better to see UGA beat Oklahoma state 42-3 instead?

  13. #13
    Senior Member basedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,150
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I'm just hangin' on by the tiny hope that some things go our way... They got a comparably good "resume'"....
    Truth of the matter as far as I'm concerned, I ain't counting Bama and Saban out, they just find ways to win. It's such a strange football season. No doubt things are evening out.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    652
    vCash
    3700
    Why are so many people convinced Houston can beat Cincy? I've watched both teams play and they don't seem comparable talent wise. Do folks not want them in the playoff for some reason? I don't understand it. No way you can put ND in over them and they are just as good if not better than the other 1 loss teams. Bedsides then SEC, the other power 5 conferences usually have 1 elite teams and then a bunch of scrubs. No different than Cincy this year.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    652
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Truth of the matter as far as I'm concerned, I ain't counting Bama and Saban out, they just find ways to win. It's such a strange football season. No doubt things are evening out.
    I'll say it again, if it's close, Bama wins because of the zebras. The SEC wants 2 teams in and UGA has to blow them out or it's gonna happen.

  16. #16
    TheDynastyIsDead TUSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    12,695
    vCash
    1176062
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Truth of the matter as far as I'm concerned, I ain't counting Bama and Saban out, they just find ways to win. It's such a strange football season. No doubt things are evening out.
    IF, and that's a huge IF Bammer can keep Bryce Young from gettin' murdered they've got a great chance of pulling it out...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

    No.


    Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

  17. #17
    Senior Member Catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    735
    vCash
    254575
    If Georgia beats Bama, Bama is out.

  18. #18
    TheDynastyIsDead TUSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    12,695
    vCash
    1176062
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    I'll say it again, if it's close, Bama wins because of the zebras. The SEC wants 2 teams in and UGA has to blow them out or it's gonna happen.
    Well, of course... You shoulda seen how they fixed the Bammer Game at College Station... it was epic.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

    No.


    Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

  19. #19
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    63,347
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    IF, and that's a huge IF Bammer can keep Bryce Young from gettin' murdered they've got a great chance of pulling it out...
    Line is bama +7 at golden moon. I'm taking the tide mainly bc I haven't saw bama get a touchdown in... well, I can't remember.

  20. #20
    TheDynastyIsDead TUSK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In your head.
    Posts
    12,695
    vCash
    1176062
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Line is bama +7 at golden moon. I'm taking the tide mainly bc I haven't saw bama get a touchdown in... well, I can't remember.
    That's well done! Nice...


    They did score one in the 4th vs AU, though... still, that was hilarious,,,,
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

    No.


    Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.