Thread: Lincoln Riley's USC Contract Details

vCash

Lincoln Riley's USC Contract Details

$110 Million
    $15 Million per year
    Buying both his homes in Norman for $500K over asking ($1M Bonus)
    Building/buying $6M home in LA
    Unlimited use of private jet for his family.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/linco...details-report

This is getting out of hand. Bama better start paying Saban what he's worth.

What if Saban leaves Bama for the ND job that just opened up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    $110 Million
    $15 Million per year
    Buying both his homes in Norman for $500K over asking ($1M Bonus)
    Building/buying $6M home in LA
    Unlimited use of private jet for his family.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/linco...details-report

This is getting out of hand. Bama better start paying Saban what he's worth.

What if Saban leaves Bama for the ND job that just opened up?
    He's been grossly underpaid for sometime, now...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    They are Grossly overpaid in my opinion! They are not rocket scientist nor are they solving world hunger. They are coaches! Know, I know, this is big business, but this is way out of balance for a coach at an educational institution. They need to go to a developmental league (minor league - separate from the university) so they can develop the up and coming pros, and leave college sports to the amateurs. This last statement could be a thread of its own!

This is insane!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    They are Grossly overpaid in my opinion! They are not rocket scientist nor are they solving world hunger. They are coaches! Know, I know, this is big business, but this is way out of balance for a coach at an educational institution. They need to go to a developmental league (minor league - separate from the university) so they can develop the up and coming pros, and leave college sports to the amateurs. This last statement could be a thread of its own!

This is insane!!
    It's certainly insane, but it's what the market is commanding for coaches at this level. One has to think the bubble will burst at some point, but who knows...

vCash

This is insane!!
    I get your point, but, the league they are in is why they get to be paid this much. If they weren't apart of the tradition and pageantry of the university that everyone goes to there wouldn't even be a quarter of the following that there currently is, which means that money wouldn't be there by a long shot.

vCash

This is insane!!
    I get your point. I was basing my opinion on a ratio of compensation/revenue produced. IMO, most pay rates should be, in some part, compensatory based.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    The bubble will bust when one of these schools has to eat multi years or losing or pay the entire buyout.

From what I understand. Jimbo contract says he Is guaranteed his full contract if fired. Mel Tucker is guaranteed $95. It will be interesting to see what Kelly and Riley are guaranteed. I don't care what anyone says. NC are not guaranteed at any of those 4 schools and the fans will be expecting NCs.

vCash

This is insane!!
    This is just free market capitalism.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    This is just free market capitalism.
    Sure it is. However don't you think these schools are inflating the market for purposes of a "splash hire"?

The analogy I make. I covet my neighbors Sports car. Neighbor bought the car new a few years back for 100k. I say hey neighbor I want your car. Here is $125k. Neighbor says no. I say here is $200k. Is the car worth $200k? No.

I tend to think LSU could have hired Napier for $5 million a year and probably get same results. We shall see. But let's not forget Miles and O won a NC there and didn't make $10million a year.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 12-01-2021 at 10:57 AM.

vCash
    If anyone gets mad at this, don't get mad at the Coach. Be mad at the dorks that agreed to the contracts, they are the ones who set the standards for this mess, if they believe they can pay this loot out then they will.

vCash
    It all comes to rest on us. The fans. We are what drives the insanity. If you buy tickets and watch games on tv then you are a part of the craziness that is coaches' compensation. No tv deals, no stupid amounts of money with which to make it rain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    He's been grossly underpaid for sometime, now...
    Don't know if you were around then, but we got about $80 for 7 weeks of basic training in 1970 (Air Force). But it included free room and board, and clothing .... Saban makes almost $1M/month and now Lincoln Riley will be getting $1.25M/month, plus a few perques.

vCash
    There's something under 1,000 professors/staff members at MSU. Their average salary is $85.5K, so about $85M/year. That's 17 Leaches, less than 6 Lincoln Rileys.

vCash
    Just in football revenue, the University of Alabama, for which Saban is almost entirely responsible for creating, rakes in 200 Million a year. He doesn?t get close to a 10% cut. You think that if any other school was guaranteed his return on investment that they wouldn?t pay him a little more? They could almost double his current salary before touching 10%. I wish I could buy him for what he?s paid vs the revenue generated. There is a ton of meat on this bone and on the bones of almost any major program. Saban is grossly underpaid. He?s a salesman on a 5% commission with no bonuses and a cap. He will see a significant raise if he isn?t tired of the rat poison and unfathomable weight of the expectations created by his previous success. The market is adjusting.
    Last edited by Dak Holliday; 12-01-2021 at 08:39 PM.