Thread: Mullen to AU as OC?

vCash

Mullen to AU as OC?

vCash
    I see a lot of state coaches on that list

vCash
    Mullen won’t go there, he always mailed it in against Alabama. They won’t accept that

vCash
    He should be able to find a P5 head coaching job. No need to become an OC unless he just wants to.

vCash
    Why would he even consider being an OC at the college level?

vCash
    Mullen is too arrogant to take a step back at this point in his career, at least right away. He'd do it if he couldn't get another P5 head job for next season, but he will.

If he gets an offer to be an NFL OC, he should take it, but he might not go for that either.

vCash
    He was there yesterday. Legit smoke but no fire.

vCash
    You reckon he signs on to OC and then takes over Aubbie if Harston leaves for a different job, kind of as a HC in waiting?

vCash
    He was there yesterday, Bobo fired today. 🤔

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    You reckon he signs on to OC and then takes over Aubbie if Harston leaves for a different job, kind of as a HC in waiting?
    Oh hell no then he has to face Saban and Kirby every year. He just need to do to Duke and stay there for 19 years.

vCash
    He would have it made at Duke. Could you imagine that? 2 of MSU and OM?s best coaches out to pasture at the same place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    He would have it made at Duke. Could you imagine that? 2 of MSU and OM?s best coaches out to pasture at the same place.
    Cutcliffe gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Cutcliffe gone
    Yep.

vCash
    Yes, I apologize. I worded that badly. I meant that 2 of OM and MSU?s best past head coaches going there back to back would be funny to me.

vCash
    I don't know who Auburn will hire but if I was Dan I would try to get into the NFL as a QB coach and go from there.

vCash
    Mullen could easily go the path of Kingsbury and follow his firing with a new HC gig in the NFL.

vCash
    HC, I don't think so!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    HC, I don't think so!
    He's twice the coach that Kingsbury was in college

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msujd164 View Post
    I read on the secrant he had a show cause due to recruiting violations until December 22 .... maybe after that it's announced (if it happens at all) ..... I'm not sure pride would allow it. I know I wouldn't if I just got paid $6 mil immediately and another $6 mil spread out over time ..... I say he passes on this
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I was listening to Rob Jay last night going to pick up some takeout. He said he has a couple of people telling him Dallas has reached out to Mullen about joining its staff.

Rob Jay also called Mullen an idiot for leaving State to begin with. Said he had it made. Just win 6 or 7 games a year. That's all he had to do.