Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching carousel megathread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Listened to Jake Wim yesterday and he had a Florida reporter on that said he spoke to high school coaches in Jacksonville that had never met Dan Mullen. He never set foot in their high schools. There was a 5* kid in Tampa that had FSU, Clemson and Miami in his top three. When asked about Florida he said no one had given him the time of day from there.

Dan had massive recruiting problems.
    I can sorta relate to him in that there's very little i'd hate worse than begging a kid to come play for me. Nevertheless, he gets paid a crap ton to do it, and he should work harder at it. Considering how much he likes recruiting, he should take his millions and play golf or whatever

vCash
    Luke Fickell on ND job per da Twitter:

"I'm worried about winning the AAC Championship. Is the job open? I guess it is. I wouldn't have known if somebody didn't tell me." (Paraphrased)

Yeah, okay Fickell.

vCash
    Luke Fickell on ND job per da Twitter:

"I'm worried about winning the AAC Championship. Is the job open? I guess it is. I wouldn't have known if somebody didn't tell me." (Paraphrased)

Yeah, okay Fickell.
    Someone is his agent...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Can't he just say 3 hail Marry's and the slate is clean? I mean, my understanding of Catholicism is almost entirely informed by the Godfather films, but that should do the job for Urban...***
    That only works for the Jesuits, the mafia of the Catholic Church.

vCash
    Listened to Jake Wim yesterday and he had a Florida reporter on that said he spoke to high school coaches in Jacksonville that had never met Dan Mullen. He never set foot in their high schools. There was a 5* kid in Tampa that had FSU, Clemson and Miami in his top three. When asked about Florida he said no one had given him the time of day from there.

Dan had massive recruiting problems.
    Well crap this is old news. We've known about this for 10 years

vCash
    Bo Bounds was pretty adamant this morning that Manny is fired tomorrow. His buyout drops $2 million at 12:00 tonight. If Manny was staying he would have been supported by the university already. They are not hiring a new AD just so he can announce the current coach is staying. As the article I posted yesterday stated no one in the current administration at Miami will tell Manny anything. It's a wall of silence. That's not good. We all know Lane wants a Florida gig and Miami would be a perfect fit. Sexton put his name in the mix early on. I'm pretty damn sure Sexton has made it known to the current administration that Lane is available to take that position should it come open. This is not rocket science. Lebby has his bags packed for Norman yet there has been not a single speculation tweet about who could possibly replace him at ole miss should he leave. That's b/c the current head coach won't be there to hire the new offensive coordinator. He'll be in Miami.
    Lots of speculation, but I doubt Kiffin leaves Ole Miss this year. More speculation is that Kiffin has Gabriel, the QB at UCF, to come in as his QB at Ole Miss next year. I understand Gabriel was previously recruited by Lebby. I guess we'll soon find out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Lots of speculation, but I doubt Kiffin leaves Ole Miss this year. More speculation is that Kiffin has Gabriel, the QB at UCF, to come in as his QB at Ole Miss next year. I understand Gabriel was previously recruited by Lebby. I guess we'll soon find out.
    If Kiffin gets the Miami job- he is gone. That's not speculation. I would be surprised if Cristobal left Oregon but I did see where his Mother's health could play a part in his decision. She lives in Fla I believe.

Kiffin has had a contract extension ready to go- he just hasnt signed it yet. He's letting things play out.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If Kiffin gets the Miami job- he is gone. That's not speculation. I would be surprised if Cristobal left Oregon but I did see where his Mother's health could play a part in his decision. She lives in Fla I believe.

Kiffin has had a contract extension ready to go- he just hasnt signed it yet. He's letting things play out.
    Been told by my miami source it's unofficially official that Diaz is gone. Cristobal is 1 and Kiffin is 2 and no one is spilling which accepted it. No other names mentioned. Curious if Miami so the ACC team that has the million dollar offer to Harrell at OC. Riley has already told Harrell to look elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Like 34 said he's got an extension that's been sitting on his desk for two weeks now. Lebby may take Gabriel to Oklahoma with him. Lebby ain't staying Oxford. He's gone asap.

And like I've said before if Manny was truly safe the chancellor would have told him by now. He's totally in the dark. They have a nice recruiting class to hold together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Been told by my miami source it's unofficially official that Diaz is gone. Cristobal is 1 and Kiffin is 2 and no one is spilling which accepted it. No other names mentioned. Curious if Miami so the ACC team that has the million dollar offer to Harrell at OC. Riley has already told Harrell to look elsewhere.
    Well, if Cristobal accepts it, then Kiffin to Oregon makes all the sense in the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Well, if Cristobal accepts it, then Kiffin to Oregon makes all the sense in the world.
    They'd just promote Moorhead.***

Banned
    vCash
    They'd just promote Moorhead.***
    You joke but (and this is purely speculation on my part) the slowness on confirming Moorhead to Akron coupled with the lack of announcer raise for Cristobal makes me wonder there's thought Cristobal might leave and if so that Oregon would promote Joe. I don't see Oregon hiring Kiffin. It makes sense for him because he is striking while the iron is hot. But I don't see them believing he'd stay there longterm.

vCash
    Bo Bounds was pretty adamant this morning that Manny is fired tomorrow. His buyout drops $2 million at 12:00 tonight. If Manny was staying he would have been supported by the university already. They are not hiring a new AD just so he can announce the current coach is staying. As the article I posted yesterday stated no one in the current administration at Miami will tell Manny anything. It's a wall of silence. That's not good. We all know Lane wants a Florida gig and Miami would be a perfect fit. Sexton put his name in the mix early on. I'm pretty damn sure Sexton has made it known to the current administration that Lane is available to take that position should it come open. This is not rocket science. Lebby has his bags packed for Norman yet there has been not a single speculation tweet about who could possibly replace him at ole miss should he leave. That's b/c the current head coach won't be there to hire the new offensive coordinator. He'll be in Miami.
    But Kiffin left a Florida gig. Granted Old Miss is better but couldn't he have just waited if that's his "dream job"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    But Kiffin left a Florida gig. Granted Old Miss is better but couldn't he have just waited if that's his "dream job"?
    I think he knew he could take the Ole Miss job and pad his resume, especially with Corral.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Urban's Opening line...

"Today I settle all Family business..."

ND Provost to the ND Prez: "I always thought it would've been Clemenza?"

Prez: "It's the smart move; Kelly's always been the smart one..."

"Tom, can you do anything? For old times sake?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I think he knew he could take the Ole Miss job and pad his resume, especially with Corral.
    Not to mention he's making considerably more money at OM than he was at FIU, so he made a few million waiting on Miami.

vCash
    FAU ain't nowhere near as good as Miami. Miami needs someone to fire them up and get the mojo going again. Kiffin fits it to a tee. It's not about a "dream job". It's about taking the "right job" when the opportunity presents itself.

vCash
    Dennis Dodd per da Twitter:

Luke Fickell is number one on ND's list. They are willing to wait. Fickell is a devout Catholic.

vCash

"Tom, can you do anything? For old times sake?"
    Can't do it, Sallie.

vCash
    He made an extra 6-7 million and elevated his profile. Easy decision
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is